Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 16 Mar 2008 (Sunday) 09:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Who has a big Heart?

mfrank123
169 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 16, 2008 09:23 |  #1

Not sure if this is where to post this or if allowed, so moderators please correct me if inappropriate.

I am raising awareness and funds for a charity I am involved in. The program www.kidsinkenyafund.co​m (external link) is a registered non-profit supporting kids in Kenya to obtain a dream of formal education. I am not asking for monetary donations (unless you want to donate) but asking for your help by offering to submit a hi-res jpeg of one of your photos to be used with our fundraising efforts: silent auction, sales of a photo book, note cards, etc.. You will get full credit with each use and recognition on our website. Photos can be of any interest of your choosing: macro, floral, landscapes, people, abstract, wildlife and nature.

A brief history: A group of us from the Cincinnati Zoo were able to travel to Kenya in 2004. While there we were able to go to a few schools located near the game parks. After spending time interacting with the kids, there were 2 girls that pulled at out heart strings. We learned that girls whose families can not pay for schooling after primary school will be married off, typically at ages 10-14. Thus we made a decision to finance their education through secondary school. What started out as supporting 2 girls has grown to supporting more than 32 kids, 20 schools and the development of a Child Wellness Center near the Masai Mara Reserve where Kenyan children will get medical exams, and have a lifetime educational experience learning about other parts of their country and the world.

Individual support now comes from more than 30 states in the US as well as Canada, England and the Netherlands. Literally we now have sponsors from all over the world. The headmaster at the local schools distribute bookmarks we developed to tourists who are interested and they contact us after their safari. Things are going well but there are so many kids that are being nominated by their local villages that money is always an issue, especially with Kenya's recent unrest.

I consider myself an amateur photographer and am proud of some of my photos. After seeing this forum's work over the years, I am just blown away at the beauty and quality, something I strive for. This is why I am soliciting your help. PLEASE DONATE AN IMAGE, we would be greatly appreciative and all proceeds directly support the tuition and boarding of the sponosred children. Again full credit will be given whenever the photo is used and you will be recognized on our website. In addition every donated image will be followed by a sincere thank you letter acknowledging your donation for tax purposes.

All donated photos should be hi-res jpegs (preferably) that can be printed up to 11x14. Please include contact info, name of photographer and photo description.

Please EMAIL me at mfrank (at) twistedcreekfarm (dot) com with any questions. Be sure to visit our website to see the sponosred kids and learn more about our efforts: www.kidsinkenyafund.co​m (external link)

thanks for your support,

mike

sponsored links
mfrank123
THREAD ­ STARTER
169 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 17, 2008 16:15 |  #2

wow, after 90 views and not a peep! either I am totally off base in asking or people are confused as to what I am asking, or perhaps they don't care. all of which I can understand.

pointerDixie214
Goldmember
1,149 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 17, 2008 20:06 |  #3

I think its a good cause, just posted in the wrong place... I would post this in "Talk about Photography" and in the mean time, I'll look through my photos to see if I have one to fit the bill...

What kind of photos are you looking for? Nature? Animals?

Canon EOS 30D * Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 * Canon 70-200mm f/4L

mfrank123
THREAD ­ STARTER
169 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 17, 2008 20:19 |  #4

thanks for your help, i thought about moving it but there are so many forums here i thought i'd start with nature and animals but photos can be of any interest of your choosing: macro, floral, landscapes, people, abstract, wildlife and nature.

Chris
Goldmember
4,130 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Mar 18, 2008 14:22 |  #5

Be patient Mike. I'll give you a bump but I don't have anything that someone would want to buy. I think it is a great idea however and I hope you can raise a bunch of bucks to help these kids. Kudos for your efforts.

Chris

70D | 24-70 2.8 | 400 5.6 | 580 EXII | 2X Yongnuo 622C |

Wubblelvr
115 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 18, 2008 16:10 |  #6

I mean.... I have some photos... I will post them but I dont think anyone will want to buy one. Anyway, here they are!

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0573.jpg (external link)
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Byte size: ZERO

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0469.jpg (external link)

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0367.jpg (external link)

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0366.jpg (external link)

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0327.jpg (external link)

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0280.jpg (external link)

http://i187.photobucke​t.com …ittlewubbles/IM​G_0074.jpg (external link)

Well there they are...all of animals. I mean they aren't that good but feel good to use them and If you like them I will post descriptions of them.

Beginner

Wubblelvr
115 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 18, 2008 16:11 |  #7

Sorry for posting the dove twice.

Beginner

SlowBlink
"I like dog butts"
1,926 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Mar 18, 2008 16:25 |  #8

Just emailed you Mike. Glad to help.

Rob
Anatidaephobia - The Fear That You are Being Watched by a Duck.

eddarr
There's Moderators under there....
8,907 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Mar 18, 2008 17:07 |  #9

I don't have much loaded on my flickr right now. But you are welcome to anything you want.

Eric

mikerault
Goldmember
1,725 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 18, 2008 17:20 |  #10

Ok, look through my galleries, anything there I would be happy to let you use for a good cause.

http://www.scubamage.c​om/Pictures.html (external link)

Mike

Mike Ault
Have 20D will travel (20D 17x85 IS USM, 90x300 EF,70x200 IS USM L2.8, 50mm mac, 100mm mac, 16x55 EF all Canon)
http://www.scubamage.c​om (external link)

mfrank123
THREAD ­ STARTER
169 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Mar 18, 2008 18:28 |  #11

thanks eric and mike for your kindness, i sent you an email

mike

asysin2leads
I'm kissing arse
6,329 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 18, 2008 23:46 |  #12

I'll give this a bump. Mike, I've e-mailed you.

Kevin
https://www.google.com ….com&ctz=Americ​a/New_York (external link)

sponsored links

1,899 views & 0 likes for this thread
Who has a big Heart?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.