Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 16 Mar 2008 (Sunday) 13:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First Maternity Shoot: Clare

jenne
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 16, 2008 13:02 |  #1

I did my very first maternity shoot yesterday for a girlfriend of mine. She initially had no intention of really getting them done but friends and family kept asking for photos so she asked me earlier this week if I would do them for her. I've always wanted to try this out and with more and more of my friends being preggo, I'm looking forward to more opportunities in the future!

Any comments or critiques are always appreciated as I am still learning!

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_01.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_02.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_05.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_10.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_13.jpg

6. This one and the next one are my two favourite shots of the day!
IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_15.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/20080315-IMG_21.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080315ClareMaternity/Collage2.jpg

Jenne.
5DmkII/7D and various lenses and shtuff
My Bloggity Blog! (external link) (I love comments and I don't bite! :D)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)

sponsored links
Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,718 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 16, 2008 13:26 |  #2

Nice work, Jenne! I love 6&7 and the little baby touches at the end. I am sure your friend will be very happy she has these.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Lelasmama05
806 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 16, 2008 13:38 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #3

I like them very nice. I'm sure she'll appreciate having them.

snedigity
Goldmember
2,009 posts
Joined May 2006

Mar 16, 2008 14:18 |  #4

Jennifer, Silly question. What type of tube top was she wearing. If that something she had or did you bring it?

Sony A7RII, 16-35 f2.8 GM, 24-70 f2.8 GM, 85 f1.4 GM

JimCapaldi
Goldmember
1,157 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 16, 2008 19:24 as a reply to  @ snedigity's post |  #5

Beautiful shots.

Canon EOS 6D / EF 50 mm 1.4 / EF 24-105mm f/4L IS / EF 70-300 mm 4-5.6 IS / EF 100mm f/2.8L IS
Canon 580EX II Speedlite, 430 EX Speedlite
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/jcapaldi (external link)

auroraskye
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Mar 16, 2008 19:48 |  #6

Very nice job on the exposure on the first two! It's a nice glowy look but not blown and not too dark. I like it a lot! #3 isn't really doing anything for me because a) It has very little focus on her belly and b) her face is very red/orange. .. Plus.. did you photoshop the whites of her eyes? They look weird. #4, not bad, but please photoshop out the marks on her face. She's obviously a very pretty lady and nobody wants little things like that emphasized. Also I think it would benefit from burning the edges a bit. $5, very cute. #6, it's not my favorite, because I really wish her stomach was in focus, and same comments about her face. Light is nice thou. #7 is good. I like your collage at the end a lot!

Very good job overall :)

I am super cool n' stuff.
http://www.brandithomp​sonphotography.com (external link)
Like Me On Facebook (external link)

kkhardwarestore
274 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Mar 16, 2008 20:00 |  #7

These are very nicely done. Very tasteful. #s 1 and 6 are my favs.

CC is always welcomed and appreciated
My Little Gallery (external link)

jenne
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 16, 2008 22:03 |  #8

Thanks for looking! I haven't actually shown Clare the proofs yet but I did get her permission to post so I'm hoping she'll be really happy when I show her tomorrow!

snedigity wrote in post #5127431 (external link)
Jennifer, Silly question. What type of tube top was she wearing. If that something she had or did you bring it?

Not a silly question! The tube top was hers... I think it's a bandeau type bra/top that she had in her closet. It worked out really well that she had one, otherwise I would've had to improvise with something else. If you want, I can ask where she got it.

auroraskye:
Thanks for the comments... it's always nice to hear the good, but equally helpful to hear how photos can be improved! To answer/respond to some of your comments...

#3 - I didn't photoshop the whites of her eyes, it may be as a result of the compressed image - it actually looks okay on the original... and the colours may vary from monitor to monitor depending on calibration, so maybe that's it?

With regards to the marks on her face - I know that I could've removed the blemishes and normally I would have if it were a transient pimple or scar, however I didn't feel that comfortable PS'ing the marks away b/c the marks are in actuality, quite deep in her cheeks and I did what I could not to enhance them even further than how they turned out.

Thanks again for looking and commenting... Always appreciate and respect the feedback I get from people on this forum! :D

Jenne.

snedigity
Goldmember
2,009 posts
Joined May 2006

Mar 16, 2008 22:56 |  #9

Being a guy I dont know the techical name for that type of top. So if you can find out the exact name that would help me tell people what to buy for thier maternity shoot. I am very impressed with you shots so keep up the good work. Please please post more and keep shooting. Great job.

Sony A7RII, 16-35 f2.8 GM, 24-70 f2.8 GM, 85 f1.4 GM

Analog6
565 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 16, 2008 23:40 |  #10

I like the first one best of all, with that thoughtful and contemplative look as if she is in private communion with her baby. Well done for a first effort.

Odille
---------------
My Facebook (external link) / Photo Blog (external link) / RedBubble shop (external link) / My Calendars (external link)

jenne
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 17, 2008 12:40 |  #11

Odille: Thanks so much for the comments... it was an incredible experience taking photos for her... I would gladly do it again for all my other pregnant friends!

Jenne.

Lelasmama05
806 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Mar 17, 2008 13:13 |  #12

snedigity wrote in post #5130392 (external link)
Being a guy I dont know the techical name for that type of top. So if you can find out the exact name that would help me tell people what to buy for thier maternity shoot. I am very impressed with you shots so keep up the good work. Please please post more and keep shooting. Great job.

I think the name actually is a tube top... I know most girls will know what your talking about if you tell them to get that.

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 17, 2008 13:16 as a reply to  @ Lelasmama05's post |  #13

I like the first alot, the colors are very nice on her.

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

jenne
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Mar 17, 2008 15:37 |  #14

snedigity wrote in post #5127431 (external link)

Okay, so it is actually called a bandeau bra and I believe you can have clients get it virtually at any shop that sells bras. A lot of my friends wear it under slinky shirts that would show way to much with a normal bra. :D

Gail: Thanks for the comments... I love that shirt too, the colours, the fit!

Jenne.

30DChris
151 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 17, 2008 16:44 |  #15

wow.......great work

40D and G9 with some L glass and sigma's

sponsored links

7,066 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Maternity Shoot: Clare
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.