If I can get $1000 for lens purchase, what would you guys recommend? Some of the lenses that I have been eyeeing:
- Canon 24-105L f4 ~ as a better walkaround lense than the 28-105
- Canon 70-300 IS ~ just because I don't have the focal length
- Canon 70-200 f4 or the IS version ~ same reason as the 70-300
- Canon 50 f1.4 ~ as an upgrade to the nifty fifty
- Canon 85 f1.8 ~ longer reach for low light
- Canon 100 f2.8 macro ~ that will double as longer reach for low light & portrait.
I rented both the 24-105 & 70-300 for my recent trip to Oregon, I noticed that most of the time the 10-22 & 70-300 is the one that get the most play time. So I'm having 2nd thought about the 24-105 even though I really want to like it. It might be because I was shooting a lot of landscape though.
Also, we'll be expecting our first little one in May, so that's one of the reason for a new lens.
Of the 3 lenses that I have, I'm really loving the 10-22. That was the biggest push for me to go Canon instead of Noink since the Noink's version is close to $1000. Let me hear your opinion.