Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 05 Apr 2008 (Saturday) 14:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Web Pages

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 05, 2008 14:20 |  #1

Hey everyone. Right now I host or display my images on photoreflect but it is getting a little rediculous. I know they are in the business of selling so they refuse to take the shopping cart off my site and now they have this login screen. And they MAKE you display a package and you cannot even have 0$ for it. I sell my images myself, if you use their labs there is at least a 15 to 18% fee.

I am looking for a site to host my images that will let me upload them with no trouble and no time limit for display. I would get my own site but I have no idea how to upload or paste a 200 to 300 image wedding to a page and get the thumbnails to be evenly spaced and the image number of the image to show up with each image. I tried Front Page but too many limitations there, if I have to manually adjust each image then that just will not do.

Any suggestions? Oh, I don't want to have to pay a fortune for it either. I found a good place, www.powweb.com (external link) but you have to do it all yourself and that is fine but as I said I don't know how to do a page or pages with all those images to come out the way I like. Powweb for what I want would only be $48.86 a year with enough space that I would never fill up.

sponsored links
tracknut
Goldmember
1,740 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Apr 05, 2008 21:32 |  #2

Take a look at JAlbum (www.jalbum.net (external link))

Dave

Performance/sport dog photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)
"Always available to shoot your dog"

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 06, 2008 13:24 as a reply to  @ tracknut's post |  #3

That looks pretty good. But on the examples I do not see any identifying numbers with the images for ordering by family/friends. Is there a way to publish the images to pages and have the image numbers under the images like contact sheets do?

tracknut
Goldmember
1,740 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Apr 06, 2008 14:41 |  #4

Yes, there's certainly ways to put the image name, date taken, and other exif info under the pic. It'll be different depeding on which skin you use, but cruise through the tabs on how the "slide" is displayed to find it.

Dave

Performance/sport dog photographer (external link)
Facebook (external link)
"Always available to shoot your dog"

lungdoc
Goldmember
2,101 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 06, 2008 16:24 |  #5

Smugmug.

Mark
My Smugmug (external link) Eos 7D, Canon G1X II, Canon 15-85 IS, Canon 17-85 IS, Sigma 100-300 EX IF HSM, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 85mm 1.8, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 50-150 2.8, Sigma 1.4 EX DG , Sigma 24-70 F2.8 DG Macro, Canon EF-S 10-22, Canon 430EX,

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 06, 2008 19:13 as a reply to  @ lungdoc's post |  #6

Yes it does, I totally stand corrected. I love the program. Thank you for the link. I humbly bow and ask forgivness before checking out all the features. Now if I can get a good program to make flash I'd be all set. I have proshow gold and producer but you need their separate viewer and that isn't going to work.

sponsored links

806 views & 0 likes for this thread
Web Pages
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.