Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 06 Apr 2008 (Sunday) 18:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Using Panoweaver and 16-35 L to make a panorama for real estate

CanonXtiDude
238 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 06, 2008 18:44 |  #1

I have been sitting here for 3 hours trying to figure out how to use Panoweaver and my 16-35L lens to make a 360 degree panorama for one of my clients. Its a good paying gig and I dont want to lose it. Anyone here ever used that lens to make the panorama? I am having a VERY hard time getting it done. Can someone give me some tips on how to do it or point to a link or give me the name of some software that will allow me to make a 360 panorama.

I will be using tourweaver to publish the images.

The link to Panoweaver is
http://www.easypano.co​m/panorama-software.html (external link)

sponsored links
CanonXtiDude
THREAD ­ STARTER
238 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Apr 07, 2008 08:38 |  #2

anyone?

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 07, 2008 11:16 |  #3

Patience young Jedi...

I'm not a great pano expert I'm afraid. Are you after advice on shooting or just the stitching?

For the shooting your best bet is to turn your camera to a portrait aspect and have it on a tripod, preferably with a pano head too. Make sure that when you shoot the rooms that you overlap each photo by about a third to give the software plenty of info to create the join.

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Mike
ugly when I'm sober
15,397 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2006

Apr 07, 2008 11:19 |  #4

Also, do a search of the forum for all things pano. You're bound to find some info as this question has been asked before, I think.

www.mikegreenphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
Gear
UK South Easterners
flickr (external link) Insta1 (external link) Insta2 (external link)

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

maxsoul
97 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 07, 2008 21:48 |  #5

This site probably have more info then you find in here! http://www.panoguide.c​om/ (external link) BTW did you found the nodal point of your lens (quite crucial for your project since you are going to have close and far away objects) yet?

-- Canon Powershot Pro 1 :D & digiscope with a Fuji A800:oops: --

Uhland
864 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 09, 2008 23:52 |  #6

If you are getting paid for this there are tripods out there that you may want to invest in that are made just for doing pano's. They are designed to turn your camera on its nodal point (forget what its call, just going by maxsouls reference) so your pano does not get distorted.

:mrgreen:https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp

opus13
450 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 10, 2008 00:54 |  #7

for realtors i ignore the nodal point stuff and use Realviz stitcher :)

if your final product is going to go out on the web, stressing nodal distortion is a waste. at any given time the QTVR is going to be cut down to a 400x300 px view. if you are printing posters, you might want a decent tripod setup... but by no means is it necessary for a disposable sales pitch.

mah stuff (external link)

sponsored links

1,430 views & 0 likes for this thread
Using Panoweaver and 16-35 L to make a panorama for real estate
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.