Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 07 Apr 2008 (Monday) 16:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Titan Motorsports Toyota Supra

SierraHighPhoto
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 07, 2008 16:00 |  #1

This was taken from TX2K8 (Texas 2008) a yearly Supra meet)

I did not take this picture, however I felt it was worth a share considering you don't see the imports lift off the ground to much.

This is a Turbo Supra, still street legal ;)

If you'd like to see the video of this click the link below:

http://youtube.com/wat​ch?v=sshokoqomeE (external link)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

sponsored links
KrautFed
119 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 08, 2008 14:25 |  #2

Gary and Steven will hopefully set up another race. From what Gary said, they broke the transmission earlier in the day and the spare they put in had a different 1st gear and the car lifted and pointed toward the wall more than he wanted. Steven let out because he nearly crossed the double yellow.

Gary is a local to me... quick car! But I think Steven's been faster/quicker.

ON TOPIC: Thats a hell of a photo. Timing, panning, lack of light, etc. I've been in those situations trying to capture it and it hurts my brain just thinking about it.

josephbellamy.com (external link)

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2008 20:52 |  #3

Yeah I hear about that, and they weren't sure what to set everything to or something, so they just hoped for the best.

It was a nasty run anyways, at the end you can see him catching up.

It's still nasty, 7.8's and still a street car.

Do you know which tranny they put in, was it that TH400 or whatever it's called.

The guy who took the picture told me he lucked out considering the others were all blurry and noisey.

kit ­ lens
Goldmember
1,150 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2008 21:09 as a reply to  @ SierraHighPhoto's post |  #4

Pretty sure the Titan car has a Powerglide in it (2 speed GM tranny). I saw that pic on Supraforums the day after the Texas meet.......pretty slick. I wish it didn't stand up though.....I'd like to have seen a good clean pass side by side with the Camaro.

And FWIW that is a race car.........far from being street legal. Sure, they could putt around on the road........but not "legally". ;)

My flickr (external link)
rick_reno is a postwhore

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 08, 2008 23:30 |  #5

I've talked to a couple of the shop guys from there and they told me it is in fact street legal.

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 08, 2008 23:57 |  #6

I see it pretty often. Paul Efantis lives near me. He and his brother have the 60 foot record in a supra. Its the one on the BF Goodrich ads. They ran it on a dyno a few weeks ago. a bit over 1200 hp.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 09, 2008 05:38 |  #7

When my brother and I use to race in 2004 we talked to Paul a lot considering we were somewhat local (in Virginia), but we were always at MIR racing.

Racing is a fun sport, everyone is usually nice to each other loaning or giving parts when needed etc, you barely see fights unless its Nascar, but I don't really like circle racing anyways :D

Mark1
Cream of the Crop
6,725 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Apr 09, 2008 07:51 |  #8

HE he he

Go fast...turn left....get dizzy....crash.

I lost touch with Paul a long time ago. Even tho we live near each other. We had mini trucks at the same time when we were just getting started in street racing. He allways had stories about what he wanted to do. Of coarse we laughed at him. I guess he really showed us!!! I really got into motorsports when I used to work for R.C. Sherman. The '89 Funnycar Champ. There was so much stuff arround the shop it was hard not to play with ideas about your own car.

www.darkslisemag.com (external link)

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 09, 2008 09:44 |  #9

Yeah, it's nice to know some of the guys before they go big. I happen to know the Clutchmasters team, they now are sponsered by "Yo Parts" or something along that line.

Jonathan Reynolds
Norris Prayoonto
Loan Prayootin

I know those three personally back when they were running the Nu Image shop in Springfield, a little bit away from InlinePRO if you recognize those names anyways.

They're going big now, Norris runs an All Motor Honda Ensight (9's), Saul another member of the crew who I don't know races an All Motor Acura Integra (9's), Jonathan runs a Turbo Acura Integra (9's), and Loan races a All Motor Street Honda Civic Hatchback (10's).
The only two cars that are street cars are Loan and Jonathan, the others are the drag cars.

But it's just funny looking back at how we all raced and thought about doing big stuff, good to see some people finally did things :D

But yeah, Paul was a cool guy to talk to, I doubt he remembers us now (brothers car was stolen in 2004) so he probably wouldn't remember us without seeing us with the car, but it was good times.

I wasn't doing any racing, just recording and helping out with what I could, now I'm the photographer :D

Do you go to the Imports vs Domestics races at MIR?

KrautFed
119 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 09, 2008 12:44 as a reply to  @ SierraHighPhoto's post |  #10

Titan Supra does in fact run powerglide, and it made 1127hp the day before that race.

I know I have photos from Gary's shop, and of the car testing around here. Gary used to call my last VW "Hitlers Revenge" as a joke. I would pick on Z06's, LS1's, and 03/04 Cobras all the time.

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 10, 2008 09:11 |  #11

Hahaha nice.

I've never gotten to meet any of the Titan guys :(

They never come to MIR for anything, it pisses me off cause they're the one team I have missed.

I've seen everyone else for the most part.

I should try and get them to come to Imports vs Domestics :D

KrautFed
119 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 10, 2008 10:18 |  #12

HailttRedskins wrote in post #5299704 (external link)
Hahaha nice.

I've never gotten to meet any of the Titan guys :(

They never come to MIR for anything, it pisses me off cause they're the one team I have missed.

I've seen everyone else for the most part.

I should try and get them to come to Imports vs Domestics :D

The Titan guys are a very cool group minus Nero. ;):lol: j/k

Gary is probably the nicest racer I've ever met (known him before Titan) and he's always willing to accept challenges for a good race within his means. I'm still not sure what the deal with the car is though... owned by Nero/Titan but maintained and raced by Gary, and since they don't compete in circuit anymore (as far as I know). I'm not sure how many races/grudges/exhibiti​ons Nero/Titan knows the car makes. :D One week the car is completely dismantled and engine out and no plans to fix it, and the next its making 5.0 passes at the local 1/8th miler.

Gary's name on supraforums is "misled", you might shoot him an email/pm with a legitimate offer to race.

SierraHighPhoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
447 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Apr 10, 2008 12:48 |  #13

Alright, I'll send him a pm over there, thanks for the info.

sponsored links

1,978 views & 0 likes for this thread
Titan Motorsports Toyota Supra
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.