Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 14 Apr 2008 (Monday) 14:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach

Connor ­ P ­ Price
477 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 14, 2008 14:34 |  #1

Obviously, no pictures yet as the race is next weekend. Just a little poll. Who's going to be attending? Who will be in the stands? Who's got the Super Photo Pass? Who are the ones who will be trackside that we're all jealous of?

I just recieved my super photo pass in the mail a couple days ago. Anyone want to meet up?

Rebel xt w/ bg-e3 grip, 70-200 f/4L, Canon 50 f/1.8, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, speedlight 220ex, currently accepting donations for ABR800. ;)

sponsored links
Zayets
349 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 14, 2008 14:50 |  #2

I am going to be there next sunday. My friend works for Firestone and he got us 2 free tickets. From what he told me Firestone/Bridgestone has its own seating area, so I don't know how the well my photo angle would be.

I currenty have an 18-200 Sigma lens. I am thinking about renting a 100-400 L lens from Samys for the event.

My Flickr page (external link)

yellowmr
86 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 14, 2008 15:03 |  #3

i'll be there, but probaby not taking much pics. I was in the general admission grand stands last year and every shot was made through a fence!

Photo-pass needed for anything good!

I just want to see the ALMS cars run!!!!

XT
sig 18-50 2.8, 50 1.8, sig 10-20ex, 70-200 f4L, 430exII

S.E.V.
/Include subdirectories, empty directories, and verify.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Apr 14, 2008 15:06 |  #4

I'll be there all three days. I'm gonna try the super photo pass this year. I can meet up and shoot. Now i just need to wait till i get me gear back from canon Irvine, status says complete expect to have within 4day, but not yet shipped. I'm biting my nails hopefully i get the gear before the race. Maybe we can meet at the track at one of the spp locations?

Sevan

ShotsInTime (external link) / Gear List /Flickr (external link) / Canon Family Portrait (external link)
- Don't Argue With A Stupid Person, They Will Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Connor ­ P ­ Price
THREAD ­ STARTER
477 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 14, 2008 15:45 |  #5

Zayets- Sunday is a great day to go, it's definitely my favorite at least. The Speed World Challenge GT is an awesome series, and the very last of the whole weekend. Last year it was one of the most exciting races I've ever seen. I don't remember where the Bridgestone seating area is, but turn nine is Bridgestone Turn so i wouldn't be surprised if its near there.

Yellowmr- Those ALMS cars definitely are amazing, Porsche seems to have a very promising package this year with the prototype cars.

S.E.V. - I'll likely be spending most of my time in the SPP areas at turn one and turn six. Good luck with the gear from Canon, let me know how that goes. I think it'd be cool if we could get a photo area full of all POTN shooters at some point.

Rebel xt w/ bg-e3 grip, 70-200 f/4L, Canon 50 f/1.8, Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, speedlight 220ex, currently accepting donations for ABR800. ;)

Zayets
349 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 14, 2008 16:29 |  #6

Connor, thank you for the information. :) I can't wait. :D

My Flickr page (external link)

S.E.V.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Apr 14, 2008 16:32 |  #7

Connor, Yeah that would be cool but i hate the 30m cap they have per person per spp location.

ShotsInTime (external link) / Gear List /Flickr (external link) / Canon Family Portrait (external link)
- Don't Argue With A Stupid Person, They Will Bring You Down To Their Level And Beat You With Experience.

Connor ­ P ­ Price
THREAD ­ STARTER
477 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 14, 2008 17:51 as a reply to  @ S.E.V.'s post |  #8

The 30 minute cap isn't great, It takes just a couple minutes to go from turn one to turn six to turn 8 though, so you could get a whole race in without missing many photo opportunities at all. However the 30 minute limit isn't really enforced at all, all they did last year was make sure that there weren't to many people in any of the perches for it to be dangerous, and its up to the SPP holders to be courteous and move along in 30 minutes or so in order to be sure everything is fair.

beezwax
Goldmember
1,169 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 14, 2008 17:53 as a reply to  @ Connor P Price's post |  #9

i won't be there.... but REALLY looking forward to the pics

MYGEAR
GULFCOASTTUNDRAS.com (external link)

John ­ Thawley
741 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Apr 14, 2008 22:06 |  #10

I'll be there:

2007:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

• Canon, Leica, Mac & Imagination •
| 2008 Year In Review (external link) |
Personal Site (external link)http://www.wheelsonwal​ls.com (external link) Automotive Photographers Network (external link)

S.E.V.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Apr 15, 2008 23:31 |  #11

Confirmed, I will be there all three days, just got the gear along with the Super Photo Pass today. All in good working condition.

Connor ­ P ­ Price
THREAD ­ STARTER
477 posts
Joined May 2007

Apr 16, 2008 13:35 |  #12

John- Of course we wouldn't have expected you to miss it. As always, yours are the shots that I'll really be looking forward to seeing.

S.E.V.
3,866 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Apr 17, 2008 23:40 |  #13

Tomorrow is the day, I have a parking pass for all three days for parking at the shoreline parking lot right at turn 5. Any one feel like meeting up and shooting, just hit me up. Gonna leave my place around 6am hopefully earlier. call me @ eight one eight five five four four five one five.

davidk
229 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 19, 2008 00:45 as a reply to  @ S.E.V.'s post |  #14

I was there today trackside but totally forgot i had a full memory card from Buttonwillow a couple of weekends before. I went back to the media center and deleted over 600 pics one by one. My batteries lasted till about 3pm after that incident, so i went home when they died right before the ALMS afternoon session. I had to drive from Redding, CA home to LB on Thursday, so i was very tired anyway.

Im going back fully charged physically and gear wise on Sat and Sun. John Thawley, would you like to meet? I figure we could share a table during lunch. Go King Taco!

I used to have a "gearlist", but i realized it didnt make my photos any better.

CPO_USN
687 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 20, 2008 10:28 |  #15

Looking forward to the posts

Curt

D7 70-200 f4,17-40 f4L, 85 F1.8

sponsored links

3,059 views & 0 likes for this thread
Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.