I believe this is my first time posting in Motorsports. I am part of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo's Supermileage Team. We competed at the Shell Eco-Marathon 2008 just this past weekend, where teams from across North America, including Canada and Mexico, come and compete to see who can build the most fuel-efficient car. Cal Poly placed 2nd with 2752.3 miles per gallon. Here are some pictures from the competition:
1) Cal Poly's car, The Black Widow
3) The Competitors
4) Shell's car...only 500 mpg
5) Mater Dei, 1st place with 2844 mpg
6) Nascar made an appearance as well
7) This was part of the Ride-Along program
8.)They were still hitting the curves at over 150mph. As for fuel efficiency...?