Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 29 Apr 2008 (Tuesday) 16:21
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Eos-1D Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 Tomorrow

Bollan
635 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 29, 2008 16:21 |  #1

Here is the ENGLISH TRANSLATION from the Spanish Website:

It was left to see the first EOS-1D Mark III with the new firmware 1.2.3 installed
Although not yet available publicly, several photographers have confirmed to QUESABESDE.COM that Canon has already begun the process of installing the new firmware 1.2.3 for the EOS-1D Mark III.
Theoretically aimed at improving the autofocus and sharpness of images, the renewed firmware also allows you to select the point of focus with the joystick back.

Although the new firmware for the EOS-1D Mark III has not yet seen the light of formal-sector sources claim that it will do so tomorrow on 30 - some photographers already have version 1.2.3 installed on your camera.

According to QUESABESDE.COM, this is the case with some professionals to Reuters, whose cameras have just returned from service with the new firmware installed.
© Eduardo Parra, QUESABESDE.COM

Some photographers have already shown their QUESABESDE.COM EOS-1D Mark III recently updated.
Even without any official confirmation about it, this version 1.2.3 appears to be the third firmware update for this range of professional SLR.

Rumors since their arrival earlier this year, ahead QUESABESDE.COM days ago this week Canon launch the new firmware with which it was intended to put an end to the problems of approach that this model has long drag and
even that had forced his way by the technical service.

New options

While awaiting that Canon publish the official version of this new firmware and will publicise the list of improvements, this method has already been able to hear some of the innovations incorporated in this update.
For now, one of the developments that seem to have more acceptance among photographers is the ability to control the focus point of the camera from the joystick back. An option available on the EOS 5D, but until now was
not feasible in the EOS-1D Mark III.
In addition, some of the professionals has also consulted with QUESABESDE.COM shared his satisfaction to see some improvement in the sense of sharpness that can be seen in the first shots made after the upgrade.

Kudos to Wally Jarratt for this news.

EDIT: Anyone knows why this post was moved to rumours? This as far from a rumour as you can get and surely belongs in the "Canon EOS Digital Cameras" section.

My Gear
My Equestrian Gallery (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
AeroSmith
Goldmember
4,576 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Apr 29, 2008 17:09 |  #2

Sounds good. I actually can't believe the joy stick AF point selection functinality wasn't included with the camera in the first place (as it was with the 5D).

Josh Smith

Anke
"that rump shot is just adorable"
UK SE Photographer of the Year 2009
30,454 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 29, 2008 17:10 |  #3

Please be true!!!! Only 50 minutes to go (GMT)

Anke
1D Mark IV | 16-35L f/2.8 II | 24-70L f/2.8 II | 70-200L f/2.8 II | 50 f/1.4 | 600EX-RT and ST-E3-RT
Join the Official POTN UK South-East Thread | Follow me on Twitter (external link) | Tunbridge Wells (external link) | Flickr (external link)

DVS_WiNdz
Cream of the Crop
9,835 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Apr 30, 2008 00:20 |  #4

Not a rumor anymore :)
was just released

Stephen L.
Gear list

Bollan
THREAD ­ STARTER
635 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 30, 2008 07:53 |  #5

DVS_WiNdz wrote in post #5431746 (external link)
Not a rumor anymore :)
was just released

Who ever said this was a rumor? I think the admin was out of hand moving this to the rumor section :confused: from the Canon EOS Digital Cameras section. Before i posted i had already talked to a few photographers that had actually been using the new firmware for days!!

My Gear

nicksan
Man I Like to Fart
24,729 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Apr 30, 2008 09:18 as a reply to  @ Bollan's post |  #6

So you want a medal with that?;)

Bollan
THREAD ­ STARTER
635 posts
Joined May 2006

Apr 30, 2008 15:36 |  #7

nicksan wrote in post #5433566 (external link)
So you want a medal with that?;)

You bet i want a medal :D:D:D!!

My Gear

cubano100pct
64 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Apr 30, 2008 16:09 |  #8

Firmware update link:
http://web.canon.jp/im​aging/eosd-e.html (external link)

Canon EOS 10D with Grip, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 28-135mm IS USM f/3.5-5.6, 75-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, 2-SpeedLite 550EX Flash and Custom Brackets QRS-35-H

sponsored links

1,745 views & 0 likes for this thread
Eos-1D Mark III Firmware 1.2.3 Tomorrow
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.