Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 21 May 2008 (Wednesday) 20:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Big thumbs up for Beach Camera, and FedEx too!

sodalis
304 posts
Joined May 2008

May 21, 2008 20:23 |  #1

Late Monday night I pulled the trigger on a 40D. Got it from Beach Camera with the 28-135mm kit lens for $1120. Also picked up the 100mm macro for $455, and added in the 50mm f1.4 and a pair of 2GB Ultra II CF cards for good measure (one of the cards came free with the 40D purchase). Total was $1941, which included upgrading from free shipping to 2-6 day shipping. Price will be even better once I sell the kit lens, although I think I might keep it around until after a trip to CA next month.

FedEx really came through for me too. When I got home around 9pm last night I had an email saying everything had been shipped and I had a tracking number. The package had left the store at 7pm and was at the FedEx facility in NJ an hour later. I live an hour outside Albany, NY and when I got up this morning the tracking showed that the package had left NJ at 3am, arrived at our local FedEx facility shortly before 7am, and was on a truck for delivery by 7:05am. I worked from home this morning so I could be here to sign for the package, and just before noon it was in my hands. :D:D:D I was hoping I would have the camera by Friday, I never expected it would get here in one day.

Can't wait to put this thing through its paces this weekend.

taylorwilsdon
382 posts
Joined Nov 2006

May 22, 2008 09:06 |  #2

Looks like a solid kit. You should have fun with that macro and the live view of the 40d. Enjoy!

Shooting with the Canon 5D & Nikon D300... and now the 20D!

shutter_blitz
308 posts
Joined Apr 2007

May 22, 2008 09:41 |  #3

That's a great starter kit. Have fun!

Gear:
Canon 50D
EF 50mm f1.4 USM, EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM
Sunpak 383
Quantaray QSX-9500

kobe629
694 posts
Joined Feb 2007

May 22, 2008 10:05 |  #4

Have fun and welcome to potn..

Nikon

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

365 views & 0 likes for this thread
Big thumbs up for Beach Camera, and FedEx too!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.