Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 07 Jun 2008 (Saturday) 08:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Father's Day hints

lauderdalems
759 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 07, 2008 08:42 |  #1

Help, wife knows I want some more glass and Father's Day is next week. I've spent the past 2 weeks painting the outside house (I'm in the deep south and it's HOT) and doing a lot of perks for her.

Not once has she asked for suggestions or even mention next week. AND I was very good to her on Mother's Day.

Need suggestions on what to do....

Note-she does not read this forum.

http://gamedayphotos.u​wa.edu/ (external link)

sponsored links
alexclc
604 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 07, 2008 08:45 |  #2

Ummmmm. I don't know. Maybe....

Talk to her?

;)

Alex

www.alextimages.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)
1Dx, 7D, 5Dc and Stuff

Mark
Dammit I need sleep
3,386 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 07, 2008 09:52 |  #3

Get a canon poster :)
I dunno, maybe she went to a camera shop and bought you a lens by herself.

Mark

Canon ­ Soldier
..."kind of like Zooms"?
803 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 07, 2008 09:54 |  #4

just make sure she knows where to get the glass. It would be a shame that she wouldn't want to buy your lens because its 300 more in store than you can get it online.

Na, just kidding, you are still a loser.
^^ If you higlight this you will be cool ^^

lauderdalems
THREAD ­ STARTER
759 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 07, 2008 10:03 |  #5

She usually ask me in advance and then tells me to just order it...but so far she has said nothing...nothing...no​thing.

http://gamedayphotos.u​wa.edu/ (external link)

TheHoff
Don't Hassle....
8,804 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 07, 2008 10:05 |  #6

If you say something you run the risk of ruining her surprise... it may be a lens or it may be something entirely different. If she thinks you really want the lens she might feel bad and change what she was doing.

Let her be... don't plan your own gifts! My wife knows not to pick out something technical like a lens without asking; I bet yours does, too.

••Vancouver Wedding Photographer  (external link)••| [gear list] | Latest blog: 5 steps to stopping image loss (external link)

anglefire
495 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 07, 2008 10:16 |  #7

Why should you expect anything? Personnally, I don't do mothers day, fathers day, grandparents day or much else. Don't do a lot for each others birthdays either.

When we want something - we just tend to get it.

Call me a miserable old git if you want! :)

Mark
My Website (external link)
Gear in the gear list.

dadCameraGuy
667 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 07, 2008 10:57 |  #8
bannedPermanent ban

get an amazon wish list for yourself and let her know about it :)

i put one on my blog and a couple of the other sites so she can find it ;)

planetMitch
planet5D.com (external link)
the best Canon HDSLR site on the planet

90c4
Goldmember
1,271 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jun 07, 2008 11:18 |  #9

dadCameraGuy wrote in post #5678433 (external link)
get an amazon wish list for yourself and let her know about it :)

i put one on my blog and a couple of the other sites so she can find it ;)

This is what I would do as well. Last thing you want is for her to pick up the wrong gear from a place with a bad return policy.

www.facebook.com/stage​shooter (external link)http://www.facebook.co​m/stageshooter (external link)

ed ­ rader
"I am not the final word"
23,108 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined May 2005

Jun 07, 2008 11:27 |  #10

anglefire wrote in post #5678294 (external link)
Why should you expect anything? Personnally, I don't do mothers day, fathers day, grandparents day or much else. Don't do a lot for each others birthdays either.

When we want something - we just tend to get it.

Call me a miserable old git if you want! :)

when it comes to gifts we don't either. we both have jobs and keep most of our money separate.

ed rader

http://instagram.com/e​draderphotography/ (external link)
5D4, 80d, 16-35L III, 24-70L II, 70-200L F4 IS II, 100-400L II, sigma 15mm FE, tc 1.4 III, 430exII, gitzo 3542L + markins Q20, gitzo GT 1545T + markins Q3T, gitzo GM4562

Quad
Goldmember
1,872 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Jun 07, 2008 12:48 |  #11

Me I am not my wife's father, that is too weird. I think we even have a law against it.

I agree with to let those around you just surprise you. If you don't care if it is what you are currently fixated on you will not disappointed and therefore will be happier and that is more important. Get the lens yourself latter.

I used a lens as computer wallpaper for a year in our shared office and that did not work so I no longer have any faith in hints working at all.

Myself I am able to pick up on the most subtle and slight hint. BTW if you believe that maybe you would like this bridge I have for sale.

Canon ­ Soldier
..."kind of like Zooms"?
803 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 07, 2008 12:54 |  #12

have a friend call her and tell her how muc you have been foaming about this new lens. Just an idea. Or tell your kids to tell her what you want. I know my dad ordered a 50% off monitor at Best Buy, but my mom said no. Then the other day my dad said "Since i can't have the monitor, ask your mom if you can keep it and give it to me for Father's Day." I thought that was funny that my dad has to beg his child to get a toy. Oh well he gets me apples every night so i tried my best, but my mom is adamnt about returning it. Oh well, i tried. Just my little experience.

Na, just kidding, you are still a loser.
^^ If you higlight this you will be cool ^^

sponsored links

1,109 views & 0 likes for this thread
Father's Day hints
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.