Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 12 Jun 2008 (Thursday) 03:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Kata DPS DR-467 First thoughts / review

natums
739 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 05, 2011 15:58 |  #181

Thanks for all the detailed reviews guys. I think I'm going for the 467i soon!

| Current Gear (external link) |
| Vimeo (external link) | The Daily Discipline (external link) | Flickr (external link) |

sponsored links
Islands62
48 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 06, 2011 05:24 |  #182

thanks for the reviews. Someone on another forum pointed me to this bag and its now on crutchfield.com for $65 with a free monopod and free shipping. Can't beat that! Mine will arrive next week, so I can stop visiting the Crumpler webpage I guess.

CLP 7D gripped, Tamron 17-50f/2.8, Canon 28-105f/3.5-4.5 mk1, Canon 50 f/1.4, Canon 70-200L f/4, 430EXII, Litepanel Micropro

oskire
314 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 06, 2011 22:00 |  #183

^^thanks for the heads up on the deal!

Stuff

oskire
314 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 13, 2011 20:27 |  #184

My bag came in from Crutchfield and damn it's a big bag! I love it though. Fits everything i have and there's still space for more...free manfrotto monopod was an added bonus...thanks again for the heads up. Can't go wrong for the price!!!!

Stuff

kyballer14
159 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 13, 2011 22:46 |  #185

too bad this isn't the 467i....

I would really like the two front compartments to combine when i'm putting my camera gear in it.

mydexterid
Hatchling
1 post
Joined May 2011

May 05, 2011 07:55 as a reply to  @ kyballer14's post |  #186

Hi,

I've searched over and could find exact answer for what are the differences between dr-467 and dr-467i. So I wrote Kata and here is their answer:

"2. As for your question regarding the differences between the DR-467i and DR-467 - the DR-467i is the improved version of the DR-467 and the improvements are as follow:

1. The 467i - has a modular division- you can unzip the middle divider to make one large compartment when you wish to use the bag as a simple day pack.

2. Tripod connection - in the 467i, there is a built-in tripod holder comfortably secures a small field tripod for carrying along when shooting.

3. In the 467i - you have a full EPH system connection . you can connect any combination of compatible bags to create a specific carrying solution that meets your particular needs.

4. In the 467i - we added a pouch connection - buckle and strap connectors on each shoulder strap let you secure pouches fir cell phone or MP3 player.

Additional improvements which are not immediately visible are:

- top securing loops on the element cover cannot slip off accidently.

-Shoulder strap configuration altered to create a V shape harness instead of two separate straps.

-Top earphone access modified to prevent any risk of rain seeping thought."

Hope this helps others too :)

oskire
314 posts
Joined Jun 2010

May 05, 2011 18:49 |  #187

whoa...i just looked at my bag...didn't know there was an earphone access hole!....thanks!

Stuff

ebert
46 posts
Joined May 2011

Jun 09, 2011 12:28 |  #188

Question to you 467 owners:
How big is the tripod/water bottle mesh? I read somewhere that the size is limiting and it cannot accommodate larger sized water bottles. I don't have a Nalgene or anything that big, but I use a pretty wide kleen kanteen.

macro enthusiast | Gear and Feedback

oskire
314 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 09, 2011 18:28 as a reply to  @ ebert's post |  #189

tight fit on this 16fl. oz. can...

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i14.photobucket​.com …s/a313/MANYAK67​1/kata.jpg (external link)

Stuff

ebert
46 posts
Joined May 2011

Jun 09, 2011 22:10 |  #190

Thanks for the quick reply. I measured a beer can which I can say is probably the same size as the rockstar; circumference of 8.5inches.

My water bottle is 9 inches. Doesn't look like it'll fit. :( Might have to go into the store to double check. The kata is on sale this week in Canada for $59, seriously considering it. I probably would have pulled the trigger for sure if it was the i model.

macro enthusiast | Gear and Feedback

oskire
314 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jun 09, 2011 23:08 |  #191

it's a great bag though!

I wanted a DaKine bag but this Kata is good enough for me...

Stuff

sponsored links

82,767 views & 0 likes for this thread
Kata DPS DR-467 First thoughts / review
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.