I'm going out (as a hobbyst) to shoot on sunday enduro world championships in kwidzyn this weekend ( http://www.enduro.kwidzyn.pl/indexen.htm ).[and probably will public photos on my photoshelter collection]
My gear is really on budget [EOS 400D + EFS 55-250IS]. Got some questions as a newbie:
1. is it better to turn of the IS (if so should I take a monopod, or take it even if I would not plan to turn off IS)?
2. what shutter speed would be the best for:
a. totally freezing motion,
b. showing a bit movement on the tires of bikes
3. when I shoot for my stock [In 'home studio' environment] purposes, I allways do it in RAW, but would You shot outdoor motocross in RAW (only 9 pics in a burst), or JPEG (three times more than that)?
4. what about focusing points? Should I set it to auto selection, or choose the central one and try to take well focused photos, and then crop it in more interesting way while post processing?
5. Should I try Tv mode? or M (but I do not know about the weather conditions, In cloudy days it could be probably the best choice for me)? Any other important settings to the camera?
6. Any other tips/important aspects that should be mentioned?