Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 28 Dec 2004 (Tuesday) 20:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Model Shoot Photo

Woten
79 posts
Joined May 2004

Dec 28, 2004 20:09 |  #1

Here is a photo I took about 3 weeks ago. I shot this outside and used a 550ex off camera into a reflector umbrella. I played around with it in photoshop to make it b/w. I used my 300D & a Tamron 28-75 f2.8. I shot it at 28mm, f7.1 @1/200. The shoot was a lot of fun and we got quite a few great shots.

Comments?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

P.S. I have noticed my photos in PS are much darker then when I open them in other programs like Netscape or Preview (Mac). Anyone have any ideas?

A bunch of Canon & Tamron stuff.....
My Cyberhome (external link)
My OMP (external link)

toddb
792 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 29, 2004 00:49 |  #2

Are you running Adobe RGB as your work space? Most of the other programs work in the sRGB work space. I notice this on Windows anyway (I don't know Mac). Usually I convert (or was that assign, someone smarter could tell you for sure) the color profile over to sRGB before using it on the web.

Oh, and I like the pose. Could you a little more punch in the B&W convertion but that's just a matter of what your taste is.

10D, EF17-40L, EF50F1.4, EF28-135IS, 550EX [AlienBees 2xB800 and 1xB400 with large softbox and reversible umbrella] Sekonic L-358

Woten
THREAD ­ STARTER
79 posts
Joined May 2004

Dec 29, 2004 09:39 as a reply to  @ toddb's post |  #3

toddb wrote:
Are you running Adobe RGB as your work space? Most of the other programs work in the sRGB work space. I notice this on Windows anyway (I don't know Mac). Usually I convert (or was that assign, someone smarter could tell you for sure) the color profile over to sRGB before using it on the web.

Oh, and I like the pose. Could you a little more punch in the B&W convertion but that's just a matter of what your taste is.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and recal'd my monitor and have PS match. Whoah!!! What a difference. I was getting frustrated not figuring out why they were not matching. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Sometimes it is the little things.......

A bunch of Canon & Tamron stuff.....
My Cyberhome (external link)
My OMP (external link)

enilm
188 posts
Joined Dec 2004

Dec 29, 2004 20:07 |  #4

Sorry to ask, but what is the difference between sRGB and RGB? How do you get sRGB?

Canon 40D w/ kit lens 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6. No Flash, No lights, No other lenses. Just starting out.

toddb
792 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 30, 2004 09:49 as a reply to  @ enilm's post |  #5

enilm wrote:
Sorry to ask, but what is the difference between sRGB and RGB? How do you get sRGB?

I don't think there is just RGB in terms of a color profile, there are several flavors of RGB and basically the difference is what colors are included in the gamut (think of it as what colors are available to paint with). If another program uses a different set of colors to render the image and doesn't have the colors that the photo originally had, it makes a best guess of what it could convert it to and sometimes not what you would hope. If you don't color manage you photos, it's probably best just to keep your entire work flow in sRGB (that's not a certain answer but at the moment that's what I believe). That way when you view in other programs and post to the web you will be pretty safe that they will see what you see. You would use other profiles like Adobe RGB if you want to maximize the available colors since the gamut is bigger and has more available colors to it. This I know isn't a very good description, google or search this forum for color management for more information, there are some good tutorials out there.

10D, EF17-40L, EF50F1.4, EF28-135IS, 550EX [AlienBees 2xB800 and 1xB400 with large softbox and reversible umbrella] Sekonic L-358

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,311 views & 0 likes for this thread
Model Shoot Photo
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.