Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 16 Jun 2008 (Monday) 18:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My most difficult photoshoot to date!! Difficult clients..

auroraskye
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 16, 2008 18:44 |  #1

.... My family!! Haha.

Long story short, several family members are in the military and we rarely ever see eachother. My dad is about to go to Iraq, this is the last time I will see him in at least 18 months. He wanted us to get together to do pictures.

1. Nobody could get their crap together on time.
2. My remote batteries were dead, which sucks when you need to be IN the pictures.
3. One of my brothers were refusing to smile or at least look NOT miserable.
4. It was freaking hot, which is why I wanted to start really early, but oh no... refer to #1. :)

Anyhow.. although they are not what I wanted, and I can see the flaws in them.. it is my family.. so here is one shot.

Major flaw.. I did not have the tripod high enough so I didn't take enough tree picture. So I tried to duplicate the background and it's a horrible mess, so please, do not pay attention to my quickie photoshop job. Once I have time to do it right, it'll be flawless.. :)

I have some hot spots from where the sun was peeking through the trees, but I don't feel they ruin the shot (luckily!).

I shot it with my 28-105mm lens.

Do you know which person is me? :)

EXIF: ISO 400, f/9, 30mm, 1/125 ss

IMAGE: http://www.auroraskye.com/photos/family6206s.jpg

I am super cool n' stuff.
http://www.brandithomp​sonphotography.com (external link)
Like Me On Facebook (external link)

sponsored links
drmanolo
200 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 16, 2008 19:47 |  #2

Nice family shot... I believe you are the first guy on the left... your brother didn´t smile... the guy in the middle is correctly sitted (sure can´t run to get into the picture) , otherwise... the guy on the other side (right) may run too to the shot too.

Hope everything goes right on Irak.

Learning to respect others people work is a BASIC training rule !! Enjoy Photography.

heathermarie
501 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jun 16, 2008 21:03 |  #3

The blond on the right lol hahaha .. I still like this shot.. I like how it breaks the rules of traditional posing.. The only thing I would do it try to remove the sun spots from missy's hair, they're a little distracting but good job :)

Heather

scrapbookworker
341 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 16, 2008 21:08 |  #4

the only thing that sticks out to me is the girl in the very middle with the sun spots in her hair. You can easily Photoshop that out. But I like it! Sooo, is that girl you?

Canon 30D, Speedlite 430 EX, 28-135mm IS, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8 , CS3 and lots of passion for photography!

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jun 16, 2008 21:10 |  #5

auroraskye wrote in post #5733747 (external link)
Do you know which person is me? :)

The pissed off one in the middle? :eek: :D

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

auroraskye
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 16, 2008 21:59 |  #6

Yes, scrapbookworker, that one is me. :)

Interesting.. I would have never assumed someone with my screenname and url would be thought of as a guy :)

scrapbookworker
341 posts
Joined May 2007

Jun 18, 2008 21:03 |  #7

LOL, I didn't even notice your avatar name, but I do now that I looked. You dogged me pretty good on one of my pics. Hey, it's okay, I'm still learning ;)

Canon 30D, Speedlite 430 EX, 28-135mm IS, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8 , CS3 and lots of passion for photography!

colinh810
220 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 18, 2008 21:06 |  #8

I actually thought you were that little boy to the left of the pic.

auroraskye
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 18, 2008 22:33 |  #9

We're all still learning.. :) I never aim to 'dog' anyone but I am honest, just like I want people to be with me. In my heart I just want everyone to learn to be their best.

And colinh- har har har :P

auroraskye
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 18, 2008 22:42 |  #10

Here are a couple of more.. Again not my best work ever.. but hey.. it's my insane family.

IMAGE: http://www.auroraskye.com/photos/family6213s.jpg
I promise I did not try and lighten the whites of the eyes.. in fact i tried to keep them from being TOO bright since they seemed to stand out. My brother is just quite tan :P This is about the closest to smiling that he came.

IMAGE: http://www.auroraskye.com/photos/family6291s2.jpg
My baby brother's TRUE thoughts on having his picture taken. :) I love this picture so much. Haha. Blown out sky and all! Curse the rules! :P

IMAGE: http://www.auroraskye.com/photos/family6253s.jpg
Too cool for school! :)

Lunajen
Goldmember
1,635 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 19, 2008 08:22 |  #11

To be honest...I find them to be boring except the last two.
And the B&W convertion is blown ( which you stated), no detail in the background at all.

Website (external link).Flickr (external link)
Twitter (external link)Facebook (external link)

auroraskye
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 19, 2008 09:46 |  #12

Well, Jen, to be honest, if I thought you were a good photographer, I may take your advice to heart, but I think you're just being nasty because you don't like my comments to you. :) So I can't take you seriously. Sorry!

And let me add for anyone else, here is what I said in my original post: "Anyhow.. although they are not what I wanted, and I can see the flaws in them.. it is my family"

I wanted something a lot more organic and less posed, HOWEVER, it wouldn't fly with my family. So what's more important, getting ANY photos with my family including my father who is about to go to IRAQ for God knows how long, or no pictures at all? Hmmm?

randomlinh
992 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jun 19, 2008 11:40 |  #13

ah, family group pictures. I hate them, they always seem the same.. we have like, a million, haha. I think you should have snuck in as many "getting ready for the shoot" shots. Or maybe you did... but that's personal taste.

The last pic though, I really like the color. A hair overly saturated possibly, but I like it.

auroraskye
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,445 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 19, 2008 14:07 |  #14

I actually do have a few snuck in ones, just a couple thou. Generally, I kid you not, hands went in front of faces. My family is not cooperative :)

I agree, the last one is probably a little bit over saturated, I was debating on if I should scale it back a little bit myself.

Foxgguy2001
355 posts
Joined May 2008

Jun 19, 2008 14:18 |  #15

You know, it's your family... and in some way i'm sure they convay the family dynamic to you. God forbid I ever tried to do this with my family... the photo's sure wouldnt be pretty, no one would smile, but i'm sure everytime we looked at them, we'd smile.

I like 1(the original post) and 4 (the last one)

My humble beginnings: Canon XTI, 17-85 IS, 50mm 1.8

sponsored links

3,970 views & 0 likes for this thread
My most difficult photoshoot to date!! Difficult clients..
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.