Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
Thread started 17 Jun 2008 (Tuesday) 13:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lens Baby

KanosWRX
39 posts
Joined May 2008

Nov 09, 2009 15:39 |  #136

^^ That almost looks like some ghost scene from a horror movie... good work though, looks great.

sponsored links
CosmoKid
Goldmember
4,235 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 09, 2009 15:42 |  #137

antisoma wrote in post #8984733 (external link)
This is a fantastic image. I can't stop looking at it. Where was it taken?

Look at the EXIF....Heaven....

Joe- 2 bodies, L 2.8 zoom trilogy and a couple of primes
iRocktheShot.com (external link) - Portfolio (external link)

Gear/Feedback
Facebook "Fan" Page (external link) -

swag72
465 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 14, 2009 13:11 as a reply to  @ KanosWRX's post |  #138

A reflection in a very still marina rotated by 180 degrees.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Catch my pictures on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/​photos/swag72/ (external link)

LauraZ
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 17, 2009 12:50 as a reply to  @ post 5741768 |  #139

My first post to POTN! Love the Lensbaby and the shots I'm seeing here are inspiring! Thought I'd try to post a couple of my Lensbaby shots.

IMAGE: http://www.laurazphotography.com/img/v2/p655838978-5.jpg
IMAGE: http://www.laurazphotography.com/img/v8/p335065885-5.jpg

kepople
295 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Nov 20, 2009 11:41 |  #140

WOW! That flower shot is one of the best LB shots I have seen! Too many distortions in a lot of other shots.

I would like the river shot more if the tower was the focal point.

kirby

Canon 5D Mark II (Gripped) Canon 20D Rebel XT IR Converted Canon 16-35 2.8L Canon 24-105 4L Canon 100 2.8L Macro Sigma 70-200 2.8 APO Sigma 80-400 5.6 APO DG EX Lensbaby 2.0 430EX2 580EX Canon S95, Panasonic LX3

LauraZ
Mostly Lurking
10 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 21, 2009 19:24 |  #141

kepople wrote in post #9050681 (external link)
WOW! That flower shot is one of the best LB shots I have seen! Too many distortions in a lot of other shots.

I would like the river shot more if the tower was the focal point.

kirby

Thanks, Kirby! I agree with your point about the tower shot... The focus now falls on an unimportant area of the bank... Still working on using that manual focus on the Lensbaby!

pepperoni
980 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 22, 2009 11:23 as a reply to  @ LauraZ's post |  #142

My buddy Colin piloting my boat on Lake Union in Seattle.
Lensbaby Composer with f/4 optic.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Mamiya. Canon. Elinchrom.

Nevilleblack
446 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 14, 2010 08:05 |  #143

I just picked up a muse with soft focus and single glass optics. Looking forward to trying them out.

"And thats the kind of day it's been..." - Lloyd Robertson

paradiddleluke
Goldmember
3,594 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Feb 16, 2010 00:11 |  #144

this lens interests me, It's funny how we spend thousands of dollars on glass and camera bodies so that we can always get the sharpest clearest truest pictures as possible and then also use something that purposefully distorts the image heavily, I like it!

Website (external link) | Chicago Actor Headshots (external link) | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | 500px (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link)
- Luke S -

Agwe
45 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 16, 2010 10:29 |  #145

Loving the images on this thread. So much that I've decided to add a Lensbaby to my wishlist. Still undecided on whether to get a Muse or a Composer though. Plan to use it on streetshoots and the occasional portrait of my 4 year old (if he'll stay still for 5 seconds). Leaning towards the Muse because of price but the Composer seems to get a lotta loving based on reviews and testimonials on this thread. Would appreciate any advice. Gonna use it on a 50D.

Canon 50D | Canon 18-55mm IS | Canon 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 12-24mm f4| Canon 85mm f1.8 | Canon 580EX II | Yongnuo YN460 II | Yongnuo RF-602 Trigger + Receiver x 2| Spectra Light Diffuser | Benro A500EX + BH-1 | Domke F-5xb Sand | Domke F-2 Sand

Nevilleblack
446 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 16, 2010 10:35 |  #146

My personal feeling on the composer is its 250+ dollars wasted. Go for the muse and get your self some optics.

highflyer_gfs
29 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 19, 2010 06:12 |  #147

Agwe wrote in post #9619867 (external link)
Loving the images on this thread. So much that I've decided to add a Lensbaby to my wishlist. Still undecided on whether to get a Muse or a Composer though. Plan to use it on streetshoots and the occasional portrait of my 4 year old (if he'll stay still for 5 seconds). Leaning towards the Muse because of price but the Composer seems to get a lotta loving based on reviews and testimonials on this thread. Would appreciate any advice. Gonna use it on a 50D.

I got a Muse few weeks ago and I'm very happy with it... Mine has arrived one day before a trip to Venice... I was trying to learn how to use it in the airport...

A Composer is for sure easier for handling, but the Muse gave me more control feeling... although it needs some time to learn how to deal with it propperly... The creative apperture disks are also a great thing...

NEVER going to drink again...
Finally got my first L lens...
http://aerogfs.deviant​art.com (external link)

Agwe
45 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Feb 22, 2010 08:37 |  #148

Thanks nevilleblack and highflyer. I got to try out my buddy's Muse on a D90 and though it was tricky at first, I did manage to get the hang of it eventually. The money saved over a Composer will probably go to the aperture disks and maybe a wide converter. I can't wait!

Canon 50D | Canon 18-55mm IS | Canon 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 12-24mm f4| Canon 85mm f1.8 | Canon 580EX II | Yongnuo YN460 II | Yongnuo RF-602 Trigger + Receiver x 2| Spectra Light Diffuser | Benro A500EX + BH-1 | Domke F-5xb Sand | Domke F-2 Sand

Nevilleblack
446 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 09, 2010 11:53 |  #149

My first shot with the muse lens. Lots of fun when you get the hang of it.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

kepople
295 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 10, 2010 11:12 |  #150

Nice, looks like a pastel painting...
Kirby

Canon 5D Mark II (Gripped) Canon 20D Rebel XT IR Converted Canon 16-35 2.8L Canon 24-105 4L Canon 100 2.8L Macro Sigma 70-200 2.8 APO Sigma 80-400 5.6 APO DG EX Lensbaby 2.0 430EX2 580EX Canon S95, Panasonic LX3

sponsored links

107,922 views & 63 likes for this thread
Lens Baby
FORUMS Sample Photo Archives Lens Sample Photo Archive 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.