Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 31 Dec 2004 (Friday) 10:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I did it too. 20D on the way.

iof
428 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Dec 31, 2004 10:54 |  #1

Well, I went and did it; ordered a 20D to replace my aging D60. All my determination to control Christmas spending just melted away. It started innocently enough. I was following Planesh00ter’s thread about the $1329 20D from buydig.com and looked at the site to check it out. The price now was $1309 with free ground shipping!!! Somehow, I’m not quite sure how, the order page appeared, and then, for no reason, my credit card # flew onto the screen, and then, against my will and better judgment, my mouse clicked “SUBMIT ORDER”. I got my tracking number last night.

Not content with that breakdown in fiscal control, my computer went to the B&H site and ordered a BG-E2 grip and Sigma ETTL II compatible flash. I wanted to order the talent plug-in, but could not get a price or a ship date.

I guess I’ll download the latest ACR plug-in and then repeatedly click the FEDEX and UPS tracking sites for the next few days.

Maybe I’ll run for Congress. I’ve gotten really good at spending my money; that would give me the chance to spend yours too.:lol:

Ron.
5D,20D, D60, Elan 7, Canon stuff from the 70's, Pentax stuff from the 60's, other stuff.

sponsored links
EoSD30fReAk
Goldmember
2,198 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Dec 31, 2004 12:38 |  #2

aah i hate those pc's that do that;)

my pc does exactly the same! i guess it's some windows bug or something :lol:

always fun to spent others money.

good luck with the purchase, hope it arrives soon for you.

Photography is my way to relax

drisley
"What a Tool I am"
8,886 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Dec 31, 2004 13:44 |  #3

Oooh, you are gonna LOVE the 20D!

EOS R - 50/1.8 STM - Sigma 35/1.4 Art - Sigma 85/1.4 Art - Sigma 14-24/2.8 Art - 70-200/2.8L Mark II - Godox Xpro-C - Godox TT685C x2

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 31, 2004 15:39 |  #4

Don't you just hate it when your computer does that to you?

In between clicking Refresh on FedEx and UPS, make sure you hop over to the Canon site and d/l the manual, then study it while waiting (wouldn't want to wear out those FedEx electrons, would you?) so you're ready to go.

D60 to 20D's a great jump. You'll love having a regular button for changing ISO instead of having to hop into the menu every time.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Roy ­ NN7DX
109 posts
Joined Feb 2004

Dec 31, 2004 16:13 |  #5

If your computer is behaving like that you need to install an L inhibitor promptly...
Happy New Year!

OK, I admit it... I capture souls with my camera!
Regards,
from the Oregon Coast,
Roy NN7DX
Now the pixels will really be hitting the fan.

iof
THREAD ­ STARTER
428 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Dec 31, 2004 16:39 as a reply to  @ Roy NN7DX's post |  #6

Roy NN7DX wrote:
If your computer is behaving like that you need to install an L inhibitor promptly...
Happy New Year!

Can I buy that from the same place I get my talent plug-in?

Ron.
5D,20D, D60, Elan 7, Canon stuff from the 70's, Pentax stuff from the 60's, other stuff.

phili1
891 posts
Joined Oct 2003

Dec 31, 2004 18:16 as a reply to  @ iof's post |  #7

Well talk about Pc charrge: MIne went hay wire

First I ordered the 20 D because I had three lenses for my EOS, so I thought. The Camera came and the lenses did not work, they had to be retooled, so I bought a
Tamron 28-75 F2.8 and sent the three lenses to Sigma. I got 2 back but loved my Tamron so my Sigma 28-105 sits. I kept my Sigma Macro but my zoom was to old to update, so my computer put in an order for a Canon 70-200L F4. Next I took pictures of rooms for may Real Esate and it was not wide enough so now a 17-35 jumped throught my monitor. I started to shoot birds and fell in love with it but hey 70-200 just can not get close enough, so my computer did it to me again. It bought the Canon 100-400L. Now I found out about Eagle's and 400 wont get close enough, so In came a Kenko 2X. Oh I forgot to hold it all it needed a Computer Back Pack.

My wife is threatening to leave me!

MKII N-Canon 20D - Tamron 90MM F2.8 Macro -
Tamron 17-35 F 2.8-4 - Canon 70-200 F4 L
Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6 IS L - Kenko Pro 300 Ext 2 X - 420 EX

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 01, 2005 15:19 |  #8

You'd better call the credit bureaus to put a block on new cards before the computer decides that you need a couple of more credit cards in order to pay for the 16-35, 600 and 1200 mm L lenses and the new tripod that it's sure to decide you need.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

iof
THREAD ­ STARTER
428 posts
Joined Mar 2004

Jan 01, 2005 16:16 |  #9

I think my computer is done for a while now:) . At least until I can digest what it has done so far. I’m looking forward to playing with all the new toys it ordered, but the computer has had its credit privileges terminated, and the roaring mouse is in its cage. The Sigma 12-24 will have to do for the wide end, and the Sigma Bigma for the long. L will just have to wait for a while.

Thanks for your comments. I’ll let you know how I like the new gear once I have a chance to break it in.

Ron.

pradeep1
Goldmember
2,352 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2003

Jan 01, 2005 16:24 |  #10

That's tough man, tough. Your computer man. That's messed up. You may want to enroll in some type of support to cope, man. Belmondo has an L support group. Meeting somewhere in the desert away from all these co-dependent computers.

adamsti
Goldmember
1,559 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Apr 2004

Jan 01, 2005 20:07 as a reply to  @ pradeep1's post |  #11

Damn $1309. Wow, I paid almost $1,500 for my 10D in April '04.

The IRS is going to give me money back again this year, so it looks like the 10D is going to be a backup, if I can wait that long!!

7D, 5D MKIII, 17-40 f/4L, 24-70 f/2.8L, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 300 f/2.8L IS, 500 f/4L IS, 1.4xII, 2.0xII
"I love the smell of racing gas in the morning"
http://www.timadamspho​tography.com (external link)

kndreyn
160 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 01, 2005 20:56 as a reply to  @ Jon's post |  #12

Jon,

Custom Fn 12 on the D60 allows you to assign the Select button to change ISO without having to access the menu. I was frustrated with that for about a year before discovering this little feature.

Jon wrote:
. You'll love having a regular button for changing ISO instead of having to hop into the menu every time.

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jan 03, 2005 07:35 as a reply to  @ kndreyn's post |  #13

kndreyn wrote:
Jon,

Custom Fn 12 on the D60 allows you to assign the Select button to change ISO without having to access the menu. I was frustrated with that for about a year before discovering this little feature.

Thanks for that. Guess I need to go back and re-read the manual :{)#
I may have it assigned to Parameters, if I had ever remembered that, and left the menu pointing at ISO. Probably should reverse them. No idea why anyone would want to assign it to Quality, though!

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels

sponsored links

2,086 views & 0 likes for this thread
I did it too. 20D on the way.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.