Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 30 Jun 2008 (Monday) 10:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon D700 + SB900 is very near !!

Juan ­ Zas
Goldmember
1,511 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 30, 2008 10:39 |  #1

Recalled at Nikonrumors site from the german magazine ProfiFoto:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 500 | MIME changed to 'text/html'

http://www.nikonrumors​.com/ (external link)

The server at the german review ProfiFoto (external link) is "over-busy"

Cheers
Juan

sponsored links
Juan ­ Zas
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,511 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jun 30, 2008 11:13 |  #2

Also in this Web Page in Finland (I believe), are prepearing the links and access to the new model:

http://www.interfoto.f​i/nikon/index.htm (external link)

but still it could be a fake, of course

Cheers
Juan

radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 30, 2008 12:53 |  #3
bannedPermanent ban

Some larger scans here from the German mag - note the differences between this and the D300 body. Diopter on the side, change of position of metering mode switch, addition of info button on bottom right. Lack of CF door open lever (looks like it's a slide a la Canon)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

IMAGE NOT FOUND
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

New flash looks quite different - slimmer and less boxy than the SB800, but can't see the back yet. The mech around the swivel area looks very different so hopeful of proper 360 degree here.

Guy Collier Photography - Documentary Wedding Photographer (external link)
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
"It's no good saying "hold it" to a moment in real life." - Lord Snowdon
My kit

Nightcrawler
685 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 30, 2008 13:06 |  #4

The 5DII better be good is all I'm saying.

Jason - Gear - Site (external link)

Feudal1
583 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 30, 2008 13:30 |  #5

Canon needs to get it's act together, or they're going to fall even further behind.

-- Chris --
(gear list and POTN feedback)
flickr (external link) | SmugMug (external link)http://cwhite.smugmug.​com (external link)

radiohead
Goldmember
1,372 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jun 30, 2008 13:33 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

There's little doubt that Nikon still have lens issues to address - namely a decent range of constant f4 lenses that would sit well with D700 buyers and also sort out primes at 135mm and below for the needs of digital sensors and add AF-S. They've given us the bodies to match Canon now they need to give us the glass on top of the excellent range they have there now.

Guy Collier Photography - Documentary Wedding Photographer (external link)
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
"It's no good saying "hold it" to a moment in real life." - Lord Snowdon
My kit

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Jun 30, 2008 13:53 |  #7

I bet Canon's new LCOS screen makes it out, at Photokina. They're not running scared...people are more scared for them. Glad there's competition...and even within each of their own brands. Each co. strives at something better...just because the Canon camp has had no 'leaks' doesn't mean they don't have something better coming along. Especially opening up the new service center in Virginia (I believe), I doubt they are 'really' worried about this.

We shall see, come Photokina.

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

Neilyb
Cream of the Crop
5,200 posts
Gallery: 23 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 30, 2008 13:56 |  #8

Oh come on, Nikon release a 12MP full frame camera...all Canon have to do is add Decent AF to the 5D, a larger screen, a few FPS more...bingo...beats the Nikon... :|

http://natureimmortal.​blogspot.com (external link)

http://www.natureimmor​tal.com (external link)

Nightcrawler
685 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Jun 30, 2008 14:32 |  #9

Neilyb wrote in post #5821806 (external link)
Oh come on, Nikon release a 12MP full frame camera...all Canon have to do is add Decent AF to the 5D, a larger screen, a few FPS more...bingo...beats the Nikon... :|

But if that is all they did, I don't think very many people would be happy.

Jason - Gear - Site (external link)

davidinjp
324 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 30, 2008 17:55 |  #10
bannedPermanently

And don't forget usable ISO 6400 for large prints.

blonde
Buck Naked Floozies
8,405 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jun 30, 2008 19:37 |  #11

oh that's it? for a second there i thought they need to do a lot but i guess i was wrong. i mean, pro AF, weather sealing, better LCD, better ISO, sensor dust system, live view, 5fps (8 with grip), better flash system and a few other features is really not much is it?

illusionest
5D MkII? CHECK!
932 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jun 30, 2008 19:48 |  #12

official pics of the D700, with video...
http://www.nikonrumors​.com/ (external link)

Right. So i heard Nikon is going to have another body in addition to the D700.
My guess is Canon's going to make 2 new bodies (5D mk2 or something else) like 3D and 6D. One to replace the current 5D, and one to fill in the gap between 5D and 1D.

Matthew Law
Gallery (external link) | My Gear | IG: @matthew.law (external link)

timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 30, 2008 20:11 |  #13

Wow, this looks like it could be the real deal. Looks like a REAL nice camera!! I love my 5D, but that thing looks awesome.

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

tetrode
I am a walking repository of thoroughly useless information
3,776 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jun 30, 2008 20:18 |  #14

radiohead wrote in post #5821662 (external link)
There's little doubt that Nikon still have lens issues to address - namely a decent range of constant f4 lenses that would sit well with D700 buyers and also sort out primes at 135mm and below for the needs of digital sensors and add AF-S. They've given us the bodies to match Canon now they need to give us the glass on top of the excellent range they have there now.

This comment is right on the money. I'm both a Canon and a Nikon user though I must admit my emphasis has swung toward the Nikon side of the house lately. In any case I do own a D3 (and a D300) but also own a 5D and, until two days ago, owned a 1D Mark II N. I would not for a second consider selling my 5D because of Canon's unrivalled stable of f/4 lenses that mate so perfectly with that body. The 24-105mm has become my standard lens and almost never comes off the 5D. That combination along with the 17-40mm f/4L and the 70-200mm f/4L makes up a kit that covers 99.9% of anything I need/want to do. Nikon has *nothing* similar to offer. Speedier lenses are very well represented (I own the 14-24, 24-70, 70-200, ...) but, if you want to travel (relatively) light, Canon is the only game in town.

Let's also not forget that the Nikon lens lineup is currently very weak when it comes to high speed fixed focal length lenses. I own the Canon 24mm f/1.4L and the 85mm f/1.2L Mark II and see no Nikon equivalents on the horizon.

So Canon faithful, don't lose heart. The Canon lens lineup is second to none and I'm sure we'll see a sensational follow-up to the classic 5D that's at least as appealing as the D700 looks to be (on paper).

Dave F.

timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,833 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 30, 2008 20:27 |  #15

tetrode wrote in post #5823928 (external link)
Let's also not forget that the Nikon lens lineup is currently very weak when it comes to high speed fixed focal length lenses. I own the Canon 24mm f/1.4L and the 85mm f/1.2L Mark II and see no Nikon equivalents on the horizon.

This is what I think I would miss the most from Canon, it would be REALLY tough to part with my primes! :(

Let's just hope Canon doesn't stick a FF sensor in a 40D and call it a day. I've really been looking for a camera like the D700. FF, pro AF, regular body size, and weather sealed.

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

sponsored links

12,172 views & 0 likes for this thread
Nikon D700 + SB900 is very near !!
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.