Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 03 Jul 2008 (Thursday) 01:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lowepro Flipside200 Review

Mocows
Goldmember
1,055 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 11, 2010 15:29 |  #16

kanewtz wrote in post #9776430 (external link)
In the pictures when you are hands free, how is the bag attached to yourself? Is there something I am missing?

The belt/waist belt will keep it up, same as the flipside 300 and 400. He's basically covering them with his manly arms except for pic 6 you can kind of tell the waist belt is connected.

7D | XSi + Phottix Grip | 400 F/5.6 | 70-200 F/4 | Sigma 30 f/1.4 | Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6 |430ex | Horusbennu C-2830V | Photo Clam PC-33
flickr gallery (external link)

sponsored links
plasticmotif
Goldmember
3,174 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Mar 11, 2010 15:54 |  #17

kanewtz wrote in post #9776430 (external link)
In the pictures when you are hands free, how is the bag attached to yourself? Is there something I am missing?

He's a wizard!

I think I'm going to order the Flipside 200 finally. I love my Kata and Tamrac, they are just too big for when I'm hiking up 1:1 slopes to get to the waterfalls I'm shooting lately.

Mac P.
My Zenfolio (external link) My Photo Blog (external link) My Equipment
https://photography-on-the.net …p?p=14172975#po​st14172975

morthcam58
173 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 12, 2010 13:48 |  #18

There's a waist strap that keeps it on. I have its biggest brother the 400; it's a great concept, especially when you're out in weather and there's no dry ground. With the 400 you do have to be careful not to rely 100% on the waist belt only -- if you let it go like in the last picture above, a loaded 400 doesn't seem quite 100% trustworthy to stay level and not flex and spill the equipment.

Matt

Sold off all the Canon gear, trying Fuji now

mike_d
Cream of the Crop
5,377 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Aug 2009

May 24, 2010 23:09 |  #19

morthcam58 wrote in post #9783449 (external link)
There's a waist strap that keeps it on. I have its biggest brother the 400; it's a great concept, especially when you're out in weather and there's no dry ground. With the 400 you do have to be careful not to rely 100% on the waist belt only -- if you let it go like in the last picture above, a loaded 400 doesn't seem quite 100% trustworthy to stay level and not flex and spill the equipment.

Would it work to crouch down and support the weight with your thighs/knees?

jdang307
780 posts
Joined Aug 2009

May 25, 2010 01:54 |  #20

Just came back from NYC. Had a 5d2 135mm 35mm and 17-40mm in it (85mm too but kept that in my buddies bag). Love the bag. Not much room for non cam stuff. But slim and light. And the belt waist thing worked perfect. Surprisingly.

midicity
26 posts
Joined Mar 2007

May 25, 2010 09:48 as a reply to  @ Mocows's post |  #21

Actually, the waistbelt holding up the bag was designed as is by lowepro. You can take a look at this in the product video for the flipside on the lowepro website

pilsburypie
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined May 2009

May 25, 2010 14:21 |  #22

Hmmm - has got me thinking too. I was also set on the fastpack 200 thinking storage for a little non camera stuff may be useful.

The fastpack can just squeeze my 1d camera in depth wise a tad over 15cm deep. Would this bag take it with the 24-70 attached?

Mark
Gear List

Travelller
138 posts
Joined Apr 2010

May 25, 2010 15:17 |  #23

morthcam58 wrote in post #9783449 (external link)
... a loaded 400 doesn't seem quite 100% trustworthy to stay level...

A "loaded" 400 could end up weighing anywhere from 10~15Kg (23~38Lbs)... I agree with your suggestion that having an open bag with that amount of gear hanging from your waist isn't going to end well... :-| But at least you can prop it against a small boulder, city park bench or what have you without having to completely remove the backpack. Could be an interesting competitor to my Kata 3N1-33 "sling" (less the provision for a Netbook, that is).

mike_d wrote in post #10240506 (external link)
Would it work to crouch down and support the weight with your thighs/knees?

There's a good idea, assuming you have a good sense of balance, of course ;)

EDIT: Here's a great example (external link) of using a leg to prop up the backpack (assuming there's a large rock, steps or other object you can put one foot on so that your leg can bare the weight).

EDIT2: I had the 400 in my hands today and what I didn't realize is how stiff the "frame" of the bag is... ! Now I am closer to believing the bag can support a good deal of HW. Too bad there's no provision of a Notebook... sigh. Back to the drawing board... ;p

Traveller
my photo gear (external link)

sponsored links

9,448 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lowepro Flipside200 Review
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.