Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 07 Jul 2008 (Monday) 03:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Trinity- My first baby shoot

OneEyedJack
608 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 07, 2008 03:58 |  #1

Well this was my first baby shoot. Her names Trinity. i used natural light, threw a bed sheet over a chair and sat her down in it. It was an experience trying to keep her eyes looking at the camera, and she kept doing this krinkly nose thing. I only kept 5 out of the 40 something shots i took, but im pleased with them. This is a family friends daughter and i was doing it for fun/experience, so have at me

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3040/2644879385_af600c8ed0.jpg?v=0

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2644879689_d8c498e472.jpg?v=0

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/2645705692_3760db6b11.jpg?v=0

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/2645706190_2656d92b17.jpg?v=0

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/2644881189_e7646399de.jpg?v=0

c&c very much welcome

flickr (external link)

sponsored links
352McCoy
326 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 07, 2008 07:01 |  #2

Nice job! I like numbers three and five the best. The nose thing is just her being a kid!

352McCoy;)
Using the Canon xti, 85mm f1.8 and the 70-200mm f/2.8 L

OneEyedJack
THREAD ­ STARTER
608 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 07, 2008 16:07 |  #3

thank you!

any ideas on what i can do better next time?

flickr (external link)

cdmonkey
Goldmember
1,819 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 07, 2008 16:20 |  #4

I think these are great, next time watch out for chopping hands in half, I prefere them in or out of the shot.
also check your WB and watch out for blown highlights.

Carl

www.carldavisphoto.co.​uk (external link)
www.www.thelittlebigpi​cture.co.uk (external link)
facebook (external link)

OneEyedJack
THREAD ­ STARTER
608 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 07, 2008 16:24 |  #5

i noticed the chopping of the hands also, i'll look out for that next time. She was constantly moving so i was lucky enough to get what i could haha

flickr (external link)

cdmonkey
Goldmember
1,819 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 07, 2008 16:27 |  #6

tell me about it, its so hard shooting kids, they dont want to stay still. worth it tho when you get some great pics.

www.carldavisphoto.co.​uk (external link)
www.www.thelittlebigpi​cture.co.uk (external link)
facebook (external link)

OneEyedJack
THREAD ­ STARTER
608 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 07, 2008 16:32 |  #7

and they work when thats all you got :)

flickr (external link)

StuffNJunk
477 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 07, 2008 20:50 |  #8

I love that crinkly nose face...lol :lol: My daughter used to do that alot...i always thought it was very cute :) A nice series...good stuff :)

~Dale~ Professional Pharmacist...Amateur Photographer
My Gear: Canon EOS 5D | Canon EOS 300D | Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 | Canon EF 24-105mm IS f/4L | Canon EF 70-200mm IS f/4L | Canon EF 100-400mm IS f/4.5-5.6L | Canon 430EX Speedlite | Canon Backpack 200EG

ibeafireman
23 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jul 07, 2008 21:08 |  #9

other than the chopping off of her little hands I really like #1 especially her expression

OneEyedJack
THREAD ­ STARTER
608 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 07, 2008 22:57 |  #10

thank you guys for the great comments, im glad you like them!

flickr (external link)

millertyme
Hatchling
1 post
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 08, 2008 00:28 |  #11

The fact that you were able to have her look straight at the camera is amazing in itself! Great shots...what did you do with the parents? I find that when doing shots of children the parents' can be somewhat of a distraction. What is your secret?

OneEyedJack wrote in post #5863628 (external link)
Well this was my first baby shoot. Her names Trinity. i used natural light, threw a bed sheet over a chair and sat her down in it. It was an experience trying to keep her eyes looking at the camera, and she kept doing this krinkly nose thing. I only kept 5 out of the 40 something shots i took, but im pleased with them. This is a family friends daughter and i was doing it for fun/experience, so have at me

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

c&c very much welcome

reefergal
Goldmember
1,056 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jul 08, 2008 00:58 |  #12

I really like the first one. I like her expression.

OneEyedJack
THREAD ­ STARTER
608 posts
Joined May 2007

Jul 08, 2008 01:07 |  #13

millertyme wrote in post #5869817 (external link)
The fact that you were able to have her look straight at the camera is amazing in itself! Great shots...what did you do with the parents? I find that when doing shots of children the parents' can be somewhat of a distraction. What is your secret?

well like i said, she is the daughter of a family friend, and ive had time in the past to develop a bond with her, so she wasnt unfamiliar with me. With the parents, i had them stand behind me wherever i moved and had them talk to her. She would hear their voices and look my way, and i would snap a frame. there were many many shots where she wasnt looking at the camera though

reefergal wrote in post #5869940 (external link)
I really like the first one. I like her expression.

Her little smirk there is so cute! Her parents do this thing where they go "Trinity can you flirt?" and she does that little smirk and batts her eyelashes. its sooooo cute

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,783 views & 0 likes for this thread
Trinity- My first baby shoot
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.