Thanks to everyone who entered all 5 of you, LOL
Everyone must be taking their summer holidays.
A few words on each in order of submission:
Kevan G9 "Yeh... when elephants fly"
I wanted to sing 'when I see an elephant fly' out loud when I saw this! Real feel good capture.
Mdelajesus - "Flashing Lights"
Really captures the essence of the fairground with the bright and colourful lights.
Rpolistr - "Mirthful Worm"
He really is a funny looking creature isn't he? and it certainly looks like he enjoys what he does. One question - how do you do the effect that surrounds Mr Mirthful?
Marie - "hot dogs and luv are fair grounds"
I would love to know what these paid were talking about! Then seem very deeply engrossed in their conversation. I love the expression on the guys face and the cook looking on (giving you the hairy eyeball!) to see what you are doing!
Boutty - "Top Gun Ride"
I love the PP on this shot - the sky looks almost as dramatic as the looks on the guys faces painted on the ride itself. Not sure it's a ride I would take a shot on though! (permission to call me a wimp granted!)
Anyway ... results are as follows.............
1st Place Boutty Top Gun Ride
2nd Place Marie - "hot dogs and luv are fair grounds"
3rd Place Kevan G9 "Yeh... when elephants fly"
Can I just add - just because there were only 5 entries doesn't mean that the placing was any easier! Having to choose is definately the down side to winning the previous week. It is with great pleasure that I hand that chore over to you Boutty!
Thanks again to everyone who participated.
Challenge #180 - Fairgrounds and Attractions
Here's a bit of useless information for you
Glasgow Fair Monday:
Since next Monday will be 'Fair Monday' here in Glasgow, I want to see your photos of all things Fairground, something that captures 'the thrill or the ride' or something altogether more abstract.
To submit, click Post Reply and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, 21st July 2008.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera (G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9) or Pro 1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 800 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
* One photo per photographer in each challenge.
* Photo Title in the message subject line.
* Camera model.
* EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... Tuesday noon GMT.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.