Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 19 Jul 2008 (Saturday) 12:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Layers problem in CS3

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 12:52 |  #1

I have a template of a magazine cover and after editing the text and inserting the image the title of the magazine "BRIDE" is on top of the image. I'd like to have it behind the girl's head, not on top of it. I re-arranged the layers but then it disappears from the image. It is still in the layers pallet but doesn't show in the image until I arrange to be ahead of the image layer. How can I move the title layer behind the girl and have it behind her head and not on top? Thanks.

sponsored links
cryforashadow
321 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 19, 2008 13:20 |  #2

Is the background transparent [In the layer the girl is]?

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 13:25 as a reply to  @ cryforashadow's post |  #3

How can I tell? How do I check? there is an EYE on it that means it is visible..

cryforashadow
321 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 19, 2008 13:31 |  #4

OK. make every other layer invisible [By clicking on the eyes] but the girls. Then we'll know if the girl and the background are on the same layer or not.
I'm not sure if you know if they're on the same layer or not that's why I'm telling you to do this.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 13:38 as a reply to  @ cryforashadow's post |  #5

Ok..all layers are invisible..the only thing visible is the girl

cryforashadow
321 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 19, 2008 13:42 |  #6

You mean there's nothing around her? You see checkerboard around her?

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 13:56 as a reply to  @ cryforashadow's post |  #7

It is her and her background...I shot her outside so her and her background are visible..if it wasn't so big I'd send it to you..

cryforashadow
321 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 19, 2008 14:02 |  #8

Oh OK.
Bring text on top so you can see it. Grab the eraser tool and try to delete the text. It'll ask "rasterize the type?" OK.
Then delete the text that is bothering you on top of her head.
I hope I could help.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 14:04 as a reply to  @ cryforashadow's post |  #9

Ok..then how do I get the text to be behind her head?

cryforashadow
321 posts
Joined May 2008

Jul 19, 2008 14:05 |  #10

?
Delete it.

Peano
Goldmember
1,763 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jul 19, 2008 14:07 |  #11

Leave the "Bride" layer on top, so it covers the subject's face. Put a layer mask on the Bride layer. Paint on the mask with black to hide the letters where they overlap the girl's head.

---
Peano
RadiantPics.com (external link)

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 14:08 as a reply to  @ cryforashadow's post |  #12

Yep, it is gone.

BillMarks
525 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 19, 2008 15:01 |  #13

Shooting wrote in post #5942347 (external link)
I have a template of a magazine cover and after editing the text and inserting the image the title of the magazine "BRIDE" is on top of the image. I'd like to have it behind the girl's head, not on top of it. I re-arranged the layers but then it disappears from the image. It is still in the layers pallet but doesn't show in the image until I arrange to be ahead of the image layer. How can I move the title layer behind the girl and have it behind her head and not on top? Thanks.

Put the text layer over the girl. Then erase the part of the text layer that goes over her head. It will help to reduce the opacity of the text layer while you erase so you can see the girl's head through the text. Then, when you are done, return the opacity of the text layer to 100%

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 16:00 as a reply to  @ BillMarks's post |  #14

Ok did that...but that is cutting out some of the text,now you can't tell what the text is supposed to say. I want to be able to keep the text intact and just move it behind the girl's head. If I want to use the same template but on that bride have the text showing above her head and not on it then it will not be there, half will be erased out. I could choose a pic with a lot of head room so it doesn't cover her face but they wanted this particular one. I would just like to move it behind but it disappears totally when I move it.

Like you see People Magazine..the text is always behind the person.

Shooting
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jul 19, 2008 16:30 |  #15

Peano wrote in post #5942678 (external link)
Leave the "Bride" layer on top, so it covers the subject's face. Put a layer mask on the Bride layer. Paint on the mask with black to hide the letters where they overlap the girl's head.

When I paint over it it is not in black but erasing it...it is still cutting out the text to make it look like it is behind the girl..if I want to use it again on a different pic of the same bride then part of that text will be gone and be no use to me then. I just want to be able to put the layer behind the girl without erasing and cutting it up but when I move it, it disappears..any way to keep it from disappearing? Besides, when you erase it you can tell it has been erased and not fallen behind. Erase it then I could not adjust the layer around if I had to for another pic.

sponsored links

1,332 views & 0 likes for this thread
Layers problem in CS3
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.