Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 01 Aug 2008 (Friday) 11:06
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WOW Alien Bees customer service

breadandbutter
520 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 01, 2008 11:06 |  #1

Hello,
I purchased a softbox from Alien Bees about 4 months ago and I was having a color cast problem with the diffusion panels. So I decided to email and let them know about it.
They called me back immediately and they are sending me new diffusion panels. I'm just blown away by their customer service.

I just wanted to share how great these people are.

Kevin

It's a good day if I'm looking down at the grass and not up at the roots.
Kevin

sponsored links
mackidbrendan
299 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 01, 2008 12:39 |  #2

breadandbutter wrote in post #6026618 (external link)

Kevin

from what i have heard they have some of the best CS in the photo market.

Alexia
111 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Aug 02, 2008 03:10 |  #3

I can not comment about their customer service, but I have used their equipment borrow from a friend and I would hope it is the same quality. It is excellent!

Canon EOS 70D
Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS STM
Canon EF 70-200mm F/4.0 L USM

symes
Goldmember
3,372 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 02, 2008 14:31 |  #4

breadandbutter wrote in post #6026618 (external link)
Hello,
I purchased a softbox from Alien Bees about 4 months ago and I was having a color cast problem with the diffusion panels. So I decided to email and let them know about it.
They called me back immediately and they are sending me new diffusion panels. I'm just blown away by their customer service.

Kevin

Everything from them falls under a one year warranty, or so they told me, but if you're outside of that, they're not interested...

Cheers,

Symes
Symplicity Photography (external link) Symplicity Glamour (external link)
5D Mark II; 1D Mark II; 17-40L; 24-70 2.8L; 70-200 IS 2.8L

ilantis
181 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 03, 2008 01:08 as a reply to  @ symes's post |  #5

symes wrote:
="symes"]Everything from them falls under a one year warranty, or so they told me, but if you're outside of that, they're not interested...

That's pretty standard across the board though in many industries though. I'd rather have a 1 year warranty using a brand known for solid construction and good customer service than a 3 year warranty with a brand known for being the lowest price and nonexistant CS that requires more effort than it might be worth.

adam8080
Goldmember
2,280 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Aug 04, 2008 09:46 |  #6

ilantis wrote in post #6035992 (external link)
That's pretty standard across the board though in many industries though. I'd rather have a 1 year warranty using a brand known for solid construction and good customer service than a 3 year warranty with a brand known for being the lowest price and nonexistant CS that requires more effort than it might be worth.

I've heard some pretty rough stuff about how they build their products. I don't know how much is true though. Search Google or maybe even this forum to read up on it.

Housley Photography (external link)
Camera Obscura
Business Card Help!

Eaton ­ Photos
996 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Aug 05, 2008 02:35 |  #7

I own Alienbees gear. I have been to their building in Nashville. Their Customer Service is phenomenal, and their warranty period is 2 years on anything that is part of the lights. Everything else is 1 year. Their return policy is 60 Days, no questions asked. I have not found better CS in the photo world yet. Plus, the Bees can take one heck of a beating. I have never heard anything negative about how they build their equipment. If you have a question, send it directly to the King Bee himself (Paul C. Buff). He is a member here, along with being on FM, DPR, and probably several other sites.

JamesFacebook Profile  (external link)| Facebook Page (external link)
My Images (external link)
| My Gear

ilantis
181 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 05, 2008 04:00 as a reply to  @ Eaton Photos's post |  #8

Rockies Photo wrote:
="Rockies Photo"]Plus, the Bees can take one heck of a beating...

This made me think of that Dane Cook sketch where he was talking about getting attacked by killer bees:

Dane Cook wrote:
="Dane Cook"]I will punch every bee in the face.

Ok, it is too late and I am getting slap-happy. Back on topic... :lol:

Trauma
75 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 06, 2008 01:58 |  #9

I use AB's and very happy with them. I was sold after a friend who had a 4 yr old AB800 that the modeling light quit working. Not the bulb or the switch that we could determine so he sent it back for repair and gave his phone # to call when done so he could pay and have shipped back. Approx 10 days later he received it back in working order. When he called to see how much he owed they said No Charge (replaced the bulb socket), I picked mine up at their Nashville bldg. and was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. Would recommend highly!

---------
David A. Scott
My Site (external link)

sponsored links

846 views & 0 likes for this thread
WOW Alien Bees customer service
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.