"The Staples buildings and the Felt Tip Tower"
Items used: staples, my office mirror, and a recycled piece of paper. Lit with flash off camera right and large piece of white paper on the left to reflect light back. 70mm f3.2 1/160s iso100.
Challenge #65 -- "Stationery fun"
Stationery is a general name given to paper and office supplies such as envelopes, notepads, pens, pencils, erasers, greeting cards, paper clips, thumbtacks, staples, etc. The term "stationery" is frequently used to refer more specifically to paper used for written correspondence (usually decorated or personalized), sometimes with matching envelopes.
For this challenge, go find some of your office supplies and make art! This would be a wonderful opportunity make use of that off camera lighting you bought but kept in the drawer, and for those pros, this would be a good chance to relax and unwind and use some creativity, instead of doing what "sells".
Pulling out the macro lens and shooting the tip of the pencil may look good, but more merits will be given to the creative, humorous, witty and artistic. Go nuts!
This comp is all about having a bit of fun. Be creative and give it your best shot! Posting will end at 9pm PST Monday September 1st, 2008 and Winners will be announced as soon as possible after the contest has closed.
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm PST Monday September 1st, 2008
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.