Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 07 Sep 2008 (Sunday) 18:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Christine & Frank: Wedding (2nd wedding shoot... woot!)

jenne
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2008 18:35 |  #1

I had the honour of documenting a wonderful wedding from a good friend of mine (yet another friend who decided to take a chance with me!). This was shot at the end of August and it was a lot of work but also a lot of fun!

As always, any feedback is appreciated! I received a lot of positive responses from when I shot my first wedding so I thought I would share some more of my work with this community! Any suggestions for improvement is always good in my books... growth is good!

If you're interested, there are more photos and a slide show on my blog HERE (external link)! Thanks for looking!

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-004.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-006.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-007.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-018.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-020.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-029.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-031.jpg

IMAGE: http://blog.jyphotography.ca/wp-content/photos/20080830ChrisFrankWedding/BlogChrisFrank-IMG-033.jpg

Jenne.
5DmkII/7D and various lenses and shtuff
My Bloggity Blog! (external link) (I love comments and I don't bite! :D)
Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)

sponsored links
Ishootpeoplewithmycanon
286 posts
Joined May 2008

Sep 07, 2008 19:42 |  #2

oooooo-- I love #4 and #5 they are my favorite. The last one is priceless

VincentPeete
98 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Sep 07, 2008 20:14 |  #3

Freakin' Awesome!!

Facebook (external link) \ Peete-Productions (external link) \ Flickr (external link)
Nikon D80 | Nikon MB-D80 Battery Grip | Tamron 18-200mm | 50mm f/1.8 | Nikon SB-600 (3) |
Tamron 28 - 75mm f/2.8 | Tamron 70 - 200mm f/2.8 | Sigma 10-20mm | Canon HV30 |  MacBook Pro

jlrichmond76
193 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 07, 2008 22:04 |  #4

Very nice... I really like #2 and how the train leads you to her... and #5 is lovely..
Good job!

Jack of all trades, master of none...

5D / 40D / 10-22 EF-S / 50 1.4 / 24-105 F4 L IS / 70-200 2.8 L IS / 60 EF-S Macro / Quantum T5D-R / Turbo 2x2 / CB Digital Pro-M / QTTL Wireless adapter / memory, etc...

mikeassk
Goldmember
2,329 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Sep 07, 2008 22:21 |  #5

WOW! 5 is my winner, awesome work!

Stuff

kvt
97 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 07, 2008 22:50 |  #6

Your processing is pretty much exactly what I aim for! I love it! Could you share a little about how you do your PP? Do you use Lightroom and presets? Really, gorgeous photos!

KVT
Canon EOS 5D, 400D
Canon EF 50 f/1.4, Canon EF 85/1.8, Canon EF 100 f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF 135 f/2.0L, Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8L II, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L IS, Canon EF 1.4x II Extender, Canon Speedlite 430EX

jenne
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 07, 2008 23:39 |  #7

Thanks for the comments everyone! Glad you could take a look!

kvt wrote in post #6262193 (external link)
Your processing is pretty much exactly what I aim for! I love it! Could you share a little about how you do your PP? Do you use Lightroom and presets? Really, gorgeous photos!

Thanks! I'd be glad to share my pp'ing!

I use Lightroom and Photoshop. I know, some would call the process long and tedious but I have better control over how my photos turn out in the end... yes, control freak and perfectionist over here! ;)

I load up my RAW files into LR and do all of my colour-correction/white balance stuff there. Adjust exposures as necessary - most of the time, I try to be bang on out of camera but in more difficult lighting conditions, this usually needs adjusting. I have a preset that allows me to add a little zing to the photos set-up:

- tiny curve adjustment (+highlights/-shadows)
- slight boost in clarity/vibrance (but usually NOT saturation)
- slight boost in contrast

The above preset allows me to batch process all my photos real quick.

Then export to PS where I play around with a bunch of actions. I use the Totally Rad Actions pack and Kevin Kubota's Magic Sharp. Seriously, it's been well worth my money in time saved and to have my photos come out the way they do so I can present them to my clients with a WOW! factor. Virtually all of my processing in PS is simply clicking on actions in the action toolbox (some retouching takes a bit of time... 2 minutes max) from start to save. Saves me a lot of time versus digging around in various menus.

Hope that helps you out! :D

Jenne.

kvt
97 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 08, 2008 07:24 |  #8

Thanks SO much for sharing. I definitely want to look into that Kubota Magic Sharp. I love that sharp look you have!

BTW, how did you find covering a wedding for a really good friend? I am always worried that my friends will try to pull me into the party. :)

KVT
Canon EOS 5D, 400D
Canon EF 50 f/1.4, Canon EF 85/1.8, Canon EF 100 f/2.8 Macro, Canon EF 135 f/2.0L, Canon EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8L II, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L IS, Canon EF 1.4x II Extender, Canon Speedlite 430EX

BlackJagger
100 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 08, 2008 09:31 |  #9

Great Work, I love your style. You've captured their moments really well, I'm sure that they will be happy. Really smooth gradients across the board. Do you have a website?

Cheers,
Josh

Canon 6D | 50mm 1.4 | 28 - 70 2.8 L| 24 - 105 4.0 L| 70 - 200 2.8 IS L | 580 ex | 430 ex | Yongnuo 622C

magik306
111 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Sep 08, 2008 13:34 as a reply to  @ BlackJagger's post |  #10

Great Stuff Jenne. 5 is my Fav!

Canon 5D MKII/5D Classic
EF 70-200 2.8L IS USM, EF 24-70 2.8L IS USM, EF 100 2.8L IS Macro
EF 85 1.8 USM, 16-35 2.8L II USM, EF 50 1.4 USM.
www.billycestaro.com (external link)

jenne
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 08, 2008 15:13 |  #11

kvt wrote in post #6263947 (external link)
Thanks SO much for sharing. I definitely want to look into that Kubota Magic Sharp. I love that sharp look you have!

BTW, how did you find covering a wedding for a really good friend? I am always worried that my friends will try to pull me into the party. :)

It was fine shooting for a friend... just make sure you remember you're always on the job until whatever time you have pre-designated with your bride and then let loose afterwards. Even though she was a good friend of mine, contracts and details were all laid out and taken care of long before the wedding day.

BlackJagger wrote in post #6264517 (external link)
Great Work, I love your style. You've captured their moments really well, I'm sure that they will be happy. Really smooth gradients across the board. Do you have a website?

Cheers,
Josh

I only have a blog set up right now... (link in my sig). I'll eventually get a site set-up but I'm happy with what I've got right now!

Jenne.

John ­ Martin
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Sep 08, 2008 15:21 as a reply to  @ jenne's post |  #12

Lovely shots Jenne:)

John.

Gix
281 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 08, 2008 22:04 as a reply to  @ John Martin's post |  #13

Would love to know what actions you used on #4 and #7.
Photos are absolutely amazing.

jenne
THREAD ­ STARTER
359 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Sep 09, 2008 20:59 |  #14

Gix wrote in post #6269248 (external link)
Would love to know what actions you used on #4 and #7.
Photos are absolutely amazing.

Thanks!

I didn't use much actually! For both of them, just did the LR process (as stated above) and then used a bit of Boutwell's Magic Glasses at about 40% opacity (Totally Rad Actions set) and Kubota's Magic Sharp in PS.

Jenne.

sponsored links

3,596 views & 0 likes for this thread
Christine & Frank: Wedding (2nd wedding shoot... woot!)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.