Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
Thread started 11 Sep 2008 (Thursday) 10:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon should respond soon

dannyjeffers
28 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 11, 2008 18:10 as a reply to  @ post 6288756 |  #16

You'd think that this new Sony would force Canon to drop their prices somewhat, but we're not dealing with p&s' here. You're gonna be spending 3k on something that technically can't even take a picture. People in this price bracket know damn well that not only does Canon already have products that (appear to) blow this A900 out of the water, but that the new Canon's will be even better. Canon knows it too and I don't think they'll be basing their prices with Sony in mind

sponsored links
elbirth
Goldmember
1,885 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 11, 2008 20:30 |  #17

Sfordphoto wrote in post #6288756 (external link)
i think you guys are reading too much into their advertising...any improvement on the original 5D is an evolution, no?

yeah... and it's "destined" because people have been asking for a new 5D for so long and so hard that Canon *has* to make one to keep people happen.. so this evolution of the 5D is destined to happen

5D Mark II, Leica M8
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM
POTN Strap, Domke J3 bag

flickr (external link)

Sfordphoto
Goldmember
2,564 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 11, 2008 20:42 |  #18

dannyjeffers wrote in post #6289012 (external link)
You'd think that this new Sony would force Canon to drop their prices somewhat, but we're not dealing with p&s' here. You're gonna be spending 3k on something that technically can't even take a picture. People in this price bracket know damn well that not only does Canon already have products that (appear to) blow this A900 out of the water, but that the new Canon's will be even better. Canon knows it too and I don't think they'll be basing their prices with Sony in mind

+1 i don't think sony is winning many people over with that IQ

Gear

mxwphoto
588 posts
Joined May 2006

Sep 13, 2008 01:42 |  #19

Funny how people are complaining about the 5D II not having a pro AF and focus dots when Sony's only got 9. And I thought Sony provided Nikon with their sensors? Sony's ISO performance seems to be lacking despite the fact.

Great shots are like great parking spaces... if you're not quick, it's gone!

ulrikft
203 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 13, 2008 03:41 |  #20

mxwphoto wrote in post #6297884 (external link)
Funny how people are complaining about the 5D II not having a pro AF and focus dots when Sony's only got 9. And I thought Sony provided Nikon with their sensors? Sony's ISO performance seems to be lacking despite the fact.

They have 9 + 10 (19) actually :P

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,438 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Sep 13, 2008 23:22 |  #21

TTk wrote in post #6287238 (external link)
The sample photos are just that samples it might have been a rogue camera that was not checked at the end of the line, and firmware updates to tweek settings later might be all it needs. I for one will be checking it out for in camera Is against lens Is and will go from there..

Then there are one or two other sites that must have received the same rogue camera to test. Any images I've seen at ISO 1600+ didn't look very impressive.

Bob
SmugMug (external link) | My Gear Ratings | My POTN Gallery

ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,484 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Sep 13, 2008 23:28 |  #22

wel, if they have similar raw characteristics, they can afford to attack on the price (I know that it's more of a dream than otherwise.....),
or they can continue the way they have basically ignoring publiclly all the competition and continue their public-wide beta testing on us! :)

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

elbirth
Goldmember
1,885 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Sep 16, 2008 08:30 |  #23

I don't think I'd want Sony's camera anyway... don't you all remember the stories about their batteries exploding? I'd like to keep my ability to continue on with photography (and life), thanks

5D Mark II, Leica M8
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM
POTN Strap, Domke J3 bag

flickr (external link)

hitmanh
136 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Sep 16, 2008 08:46 |  #24

TTk wrote in post #6287238 (external link)
The sample photos are just that samples it might have been a rogue camera that was not checked at the end of the line, and firmware updates to tweek settings later might be all it needs. I for one will be checking it out for in camera Is against lens Is and will go from there..

Yes because when you give out a camea for review by a major website, you never check stuff like that, you just send a random camera out and hope for the best... :rolleyes:

"In Photography, as in all arts, the quality of the human imagination is the only thing that counts - technique, and technical proficiency, mean nothing in themselves." CLARENCE JOHN LAUGHLIN
www.hitmanh.com (external link)
40D and some luck

klynam
Goldmember
1,237 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Sep 19, 2008 16:59 |  #25

guess the new 5D II put this to rest...lol

Canon Cameras & Lenses | Masterworks Photography (external link) | God is Light
"Until you can do better, copy." Tony Gresham

HKFEVER
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,986 posts
Gallery: 145 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2004

Sep 20, 2008 10:56 as a reply to  @ klynam's post |  #26

So, next step is the real waiting game for the arrival of the camera. Hopfully before the Dec in HK.

rexspangle
217 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Sep 21, 2008 23:35 as a reply to  @ HKFEVER's post |  #27

Canon is doing something right imo since it seems like people are already anticipating/wanting a 5d MKIII or whatever without even touching the 5dMkII. Sounds quite similar to the behaviour of an addict if you ask me....

mercury-666
190 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 28, 2008 17:29 |  #28

IMAGINE A 1DSMIV IN THE BACK OF A NOKIA.

Mercuryphoto.blogspot.​com

motion_projekt
Goldmember
2,469 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Sep 28, 2008 17:42 |  #29

I'm waiting for the 1Dmk4

EOS 5Dmk3x2 | 24L | 50L | 135L
Instagram (external link) | Gear | SportsShooter (external link) | Portfolio (external link) | Blog (external link)

dannyjeffers
28 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Sep 28, 2008 21:43 |  #30

motion_projekt wrote in post #6398116 (external link)
I'm waiting for the 1Dmk4

word

sponsored links

4,855 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon should respond soon
FORUMS News & Rumors Camera Rumors and Predictions 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.