I chose this weeks challenge because it's a technique I've always wanted to attempt, but have not tried as of yet (sorry, I have no sample pictures to post). Use your entries to inspire us all to try it! Since I couldn't put it better myself, I'm going the route of a previous Challenge poster, and shamelessly borrow the definition from Wikipedia:
"Long exposure photography is a technique that requires a slow shutter speed to capture light and movement."
So let's see your "soft water" shots, creatively blurred model movements, light trails, images of "ghosts", writing with a flashlight, or anything else that took a good, sturdy tripod, and longer than normal exposure to capture!
This competition is all about having a bit of fun. Be creative and give it your best shot! Posting will end at 9pm CST Tuesday, September 23rd, 2008 and Winners will be announced as soon as possible after the contest has closed.
1. Camera - Any Canon DSLR Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size - Please see the Image posting rules.
4. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & lens used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm CST Tuesday September 23rd, 2008
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.