Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 28 Sep 2008 (Sunday) 01:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First Wedding -- Some Insight for a beginner.

stince
295 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Sep 28, 2008 01:39 |  #1

Few Shots. 400+ More to go through. :)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Jeff Stinson
Mid-Atlantic Photographer – jeffstinsonphoto.com (external link)Sportsshooter.com (external link)
Canon 1D Mk III | Canon 1D Mk IIN | 17-40L | 24-70L | 70-200L | 50 1.4 | 300 2.8L

sponsored links
SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Sep 28, 2008 06:51 |  #2

Welcome, Jeff! I shoot weddings so I tend to be see a lot in shots that can distract. Your first session is good and you have good shots out of the camera, but now comes the PP part that needs some work. The images need contrast and the color shots really need saturation of some kind. The bride is very pale so skin tones are tough and it was rainy, doesn't make it easier, just interesting to deal with.

Take the first shot, look at the drips from the top, do you want to include that? It looks fine, so I would leave it, but the groom is very dim (in color ;)) so saturate it, put more contrast so his eyes pop out (he has nice eyes). That is also needed for the rest of the color shots, the colors look dull. Also with children, I always want to get down on their level to get their eyes better, instead of looking from above.

Also, if you want real cc, you need to turn on the editing ok option.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

GenuineRolla
Goldmember
1,355 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Sep 28, 2008 11:36 |  #3

Not bad at all cuz...! I should post up my senior photo shots and get them critiqued. I like this set man..!

flickr (external link) | 40/60 Photo (external link) | Petey Photography (external link)| Canon 5D + 17-40mm f/4L + 50mm f/1.4 | 3x Alien Bee B800 | shuttrr.com (external link) - are you in?

shannyD
"...in too much trouble"
5,219 posts
Joined Jul 2007
Location: scrotumento CA, miss NC, and lived in th north east for a while, and even in the mid west for a bit.

Sep 28, 2008 11:43 |  #4

not tooooo shabby at all. these are actually quite nice.

for the first two i could try a different crop to get rid of the tent hanging overhead. but other than that.. i have no other gripes at all.

great job.

shannon

FocalPrincess
Cream of the Crop
8,223 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Sep 28, 2008 11:47 |  #5

They all look a little dull, maybe a little desaturated to me...maybe playing with some saturation and contrast would help. Nice job overall.

Blog (external link) | Galleries (external link)http://www.dbimpressio​ns.com (external link) "The artist is nothing without the gift, but the
gift is nothing without work." ~ Emile Zola

SuzyView
Cream of the Crop
32,093 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Oct 2005

Sep 28, 2008 12:15 |  #6

My try at #1

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

I hope this worked. It's so small.

Suzie - Still Speaking Canonese!
5DIV, SONY a7iii, 7D2, G12, M100, M50, 5 L's & 2 Primes, 25 bags.
My children and grandchildren are the reason, but it's the passion that drives me to get the perfect image of everything.

john ­ salgado
164 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Sep 28, 2008 18:39 |  #7

I like them as well , looks like you have the eye, Dido on the pp comments,needs more pop, but everyone has their own style, find yours and rock and roll...

john salgado san diego wedding photographer Canon gear

ironbelle
691 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2006

Sep 28, 2008 19:59 |  #8

I've never edited someone's image so I don't know how to edit and post. If you take the one with the green awning and crop out the awning to the tip of the porch light on the wall that would look nice. I would even crop out the single arm with the short sleeve polo style shirt. crop as close as you can and you won't touch the groom. You'll have a nice compact box with the B&G and the minister behind them. The porch light looks nice. I try to crop as close to the head as possible. Things like a simple crop improve an image two-fold. I even ran it through noiseware even though it only ran 36 seconds.

My Blog (external link)
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links

1,196 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Wedding -- Some Insight for a beginner.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.