Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 03 Oct 2008 (Friday) 21:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone using Lensbaby in the wedding ?

davecole650
168 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 09, 2008 21:10 |  #16

Apologize for hijacking the thread a bit, but what about the same question regarding a tilt/shift lens. Would you use a T/S at a wedding? I love the effect of these lenses and think that a limited use in a wedding would be good (easily overdone tho).

Thanks and now back to the thread at hand.

https://photography-on-the.net …?p=5113699&post​count=1082

sponsored links
cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 09, 2008 21:17 |  #17

Permagrin wrote in post #6436935 (external link)
My husband (and second shooter) has a lensbaby but it's been banned from the weddings we shoot. It just takes too much time to get a good focus and the shots are never usable. You can achieve a lens baby look from a good photo, in post processing. So for us, no...we never use it at our weddings.

Permagrin wrote in post #6448543 (external link)
hardly...sometimes I do wonder why I answer questions around here....if you've ever been paid to do something like a wedding, you know there are time constraints as well as photos that need to be captured. In my experience, there's no time for things like lensbabies. Others may feel differently.

as for the comments on my marriage...:rolleyes:

Agreed. I sold mine shortly after buying it...after playing around with it at home, I knew it wouldn't be useful at a wedding. There's just no time for fiddling.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

puddlepirate44
Cream of the Crop
29,316 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 09, 2008 21:19 as a reply to  @ davecole650's post |  #18

There are a ton of lenses that I would love to use for weddings. Sure, the Lensbaby, the t/s lenses, some of the big tele's for the prime bokeh, but then we get back down to the subject of time. There are some segments of wedding photography that are not as rushed as others, but those segments are few and far in between those moments where you're acting like some predatory photog looking for the next clever shot. That being the case, having specialty lenses just don't take the space in my bag. I've got a couple of zooms, maybe a low light prime like the 85 and a macro. Other than that, I just don't have time to fiddle about with funky lenses.

Of course, yeah, I'd love to use the T/S lens at a wedding, or maybe an e-shoot, if I could ever a. get one and b. get the time....

I tend to ramble. Feel free to put me on ignore.
Important Reading Material (external link)
Wag more, bark less.
Read the current TR Series from the beginning HERE (external link)

canondslr
THREAD ­ STARTER
944 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Oct 17, 2008 12:47 |  #19

davecole650
no problem
actually thats a good and valid question
thanks for putting that up

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Oct 17, 2008 17:53 |  #20

There are a few lulls throughout the wedding day that might permit a little experimentation. I've had the luxury of getting creative while waiting for the bride and groom to arrive to the reception. If I actually had the money to burn on one of these I'd use it to shoot creatively on stuff like wine glasses, the guest book, candids of guests chatting at their tables... a little tripod abstract work would fit in those spots just fine. And with live-live you should be able ot nail your focusing without a problem.

jonathan @ tlcphoto.com (external link) - pro wedding and portrait photog
5d2 5d3 50L 16-35 70-200 ElinchromRX600 580EX 600EX VIV285

tenoverthenose
822 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Oct 18, 2008 12:52 as a reply to  @ Pearlallica's post |  #21

While its not a lens that I use at every wedding, I have been known to pull it out and great some great shots with it. For me it depends on the feel of the wedding. Most of the time I have enough time to use it, but I don't have a need for it. There have been times when I look at a situation and think "this would be perfect with the lensbaby" and go straight for it.

www.patrickpike.com (external link) | twitter (external link) | facebook (external link)

sponsored links

3,004 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone using Lensbaby in the wedding ?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.