Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
Thread started 08 Oct 2008 (Wednesday) 12:36
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Red Rock Canyon

bianson
83 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Oct 08, 2008 12:36 |  #1

Planning on a day trip to Red Rock Canyon outside of Las Vegas, later this month. I plan to rent a car for the day and see it for myself, as opposed to any kind of an organized tour. Any thoughts, tips or advice you can give me would be great.

Bob

Bob Ianson
Canada's Bedding Store (external link)

eddarr
There's Moderators under there....
8,907 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Oct 09, 2008 14:42 |  #2

Depends on what all you want to do. If you are into hiking then make sure to get maps at the visitors center. Otherwise it is a pretty straight forward loop around the park. You can go through it as fast or as slow as you want. From as little as 2 hours to as much as weeks. Stay until sunset and you may be rewarded.

Eric

socalrailfan
Goldmember
1,475 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 12, 2008 22:13 |  #3

It's not an all day trip that's for sure. The main Red Rock Cyn walk down into it.

Check out the area I call Bedrock at http://maps.google.com …0.002694,0.0041​2&t=h&z=18 (external link)

Go to this spot, there's a waterfall at the end of the trail, it may be dry now though.
http://maps.google.com …0.002693,0.0041​2&t=h&z=18 (external link)

Also check out Ice Box Cyn. If it were me though I'd head to Valley of Fire State Park 45min north of Vegas.

Check out Google Earth for ideas and some of my photos! :D

Dave - Riverside, CA PhotographersNature.co​m (external link)
Canon 60D & 40D. Canon 24-105 L, 10-22, 100mmL 50mm 1.4 and 70-300 L lenses.
My photos on Flickr (external link), my Google Earth/Panoramio photos (external link)

Pinball_PW
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Oct 15, 2008 23:18 |  #4

You may also want to visit Valley of Fire. It is near Vegas. Here is a link to some pics I took there in January:
http://www.flickr.com …w/sets/72157603​639214099/ (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,975 views & 0 likes for this thread
Red Rock Canyon
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Nature & Landscapes Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.