Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Dec 2003 (Friday) 22:09
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show us your home office/studio...

ilya
Goldmember
1,042 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Dec 12, 2003 22:09 |  #1

Hey - show your workspace ....

IMG NOTICE: [NOT AN IMAGE URL, NOT RENDERED INLINE]
http://images.fotopic.​net …;noresize=1&​;nostamp=1

Edit2

THIS IS OLD HOUSE AND OLD COMPUTER. WHEN I GET AROUND TO IT, I'LL POST THE NEW STUFF

Edit -
Since everyone's pretty neat and detailed ~~

1. Viewsonic 191b - 19" LCD. Yes I edit photos on a flat panel and yes the colors match to my prints.

2. Old Planar 15" LCd to hold the tool palettes.

3. Old Dell 1.4ghz P4 w/ 250gb in storage, 768mb ram, 128mb graphics card, DVD-burner, cable. Next computer I get I'll build myself. Should see my wish list at newegg.

4. S900
5. Wireless router
6. webcam
7. hood for the 70-200
8. Sony DCR-PC120BT video cam, that can take 1.5 megapixel photos - my first "digital camera".
9. Bogen/Manfretto monopod with legs - aka useless piece of crap.
10. Nature Trekker AW II - aka nice bag.

11. Laptop with wireless connection and PS Elements - aka "the device that lets me hang out with the family instead of being off in some corner all the time".

1D Mark II and stuff

sponsored links
Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 12, 2003 22:21 |  #2

I'd be too embarrassed. I'm not even sure which corner of the room my desk is buried in.

I'll see what I can do, though.

Tom

I'm not short. I'm concentrated awesome!

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,898 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Dec 12, 2003 23:03 |  #3

Here's mine (had to clear out the clutter before displaying it :D):

http://www.tanseikai.c​om …ages/eos10d/wor​kspace.jpg (external link)

...Leo

barnold999
212 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 12, 2003 23:10 |  #4

Well... I dont have a wide enough angle lens and I didnt feel like stitching anything together (I may later on).. gosh I cleaned my desk and was prepared to take the photo and I was like wow it is just not a wide enough angle... anyways I drew it out lol

OOPS I forgot, there is a webcam on top of my boombox and pretty flowers and candles around lol.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

BTW Pac Ace... nice workspace I am jealous... lol... guess we are on Photoshop too many hours in a day... it is the only workspace we know.

ilya
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,042 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Dec 12, 2003 23:21 |  #5

Funny stuff.

Brent, what's that blotchy thing to the right of your monitor, depiction of a coffee stain or something?

1D Mark II and stuff

robertwgross
Cream of the Crop
9,462 posts
Joined Nov 2002

Dec 12, 2003 23:30 |  #6

Probably dust on the sensor.

---Bob Gross---

barnold999
212 posts
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 12, 2003 23:38 |  #7

Oh lol... dust on the sensor hehe great... actually I dont have a blower brush and I have a spec of dust on my sensor right around there... well a little below it, but still funny...

It is a knob... there is a drawer there that stores all my money lol ($40 in there I think) so if you break in to my house you know where my stash of money is haha

EDIT:
WOH I just opened the drawer and have like $100 in it, I think someone broke in to my house and gave me money, time to buy... hmm a matt cutter me thinks (that is what I am planning on buying with christmas money) or a wide angle lens... or like a couple 5 in 1 reflectors so I can do studio stuff... or some studio lighting... or some... gosh I want a lot of stuff... if anyone wants to buy me anything I will let ya haha

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 13, 2003 01:05 |  #8

Okay, here it is. As you can see, I'm in the middle of two secret projects: copying barnold999's nifty office design, and putting the finishing touches on the green Super Rebel.

I have long been a believer in the adage that holds, "A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind." That extends to an area encompassed by a circle roughly 60' in diameter surrounding the desk.

Also, please note the large number of books dealing with Photoshop, Windows XP, and Office XP. Please be advised that most of those books have never been opened, but are simply my choice for office decor.

Someday I am going to clean up the mess of wires. My wife finds them particularly offensive, and that's the only good thing I can think of to say about them. When she stops complaining, I'll do something with them.

For the record, the PC is an HP with a 2.66 GHz P4 processor, and 1-gig of memory---pretty pedestrian by today's standards. The monitor on the right is an 18" Sony flat panel, and the monitor on the left is a 19" Viewsonic CRT. The printer (on the shelf) is a Canon i950. The plastic box with the red lid under the desk contains a small percentage of my collection of old Pentax screw mounts.

The painting on the wall to the left is an actual 1945 Pennsylvania Railroad calendar which I'm preserving behind glass. Those are some of my train photos that are stuck in the bottom of the frame.

The stack of papers on the left are bills.

I hate to tell you, guys, but this is a real boring place.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
MIME changed to 'text/html' | Content warning: script

ron ­ chappel
Cream of the Crop
Honorary Moderator
3,554 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Dec 13, 2003 06:52 |  #9

Mmm,can't take pic right now.New computer don't work with old p&s digicam software.300D comes next week!WHOOOHOOO
Imagine old kitchen table with cut down legs and polished top facing a very plain coloured wall with exposed supports (it's an ancient farmhouse).
New computer lives under table 'cause it sounds like an industrial aircon unit (!),old computer still lives on left of table-till i give it to my brother (yes,feel sorry for him),top of 'fridge next door is littered with various lenses,adapters and other camera gear.eos500 still sits at side of desk where i left it after measuring it for the possibility of trying the EFs lens on it.

Yes i agree.A clean workspace is definitely a sign of a sick mind,LOL

RichardtheSane
Goldmember
3,011 posts
Joined Jun 2003

Dec 13, 2003 07:19 |  #10

Here is my computer cubby hole, I have carefully framed it to cut out the fact that getting to my desk isn't entirely unlike a small army assault course!

Start in the middle, the monitor is a crabby soon to be changed 19" crt. it does a pretty good job on colour but the dot pitch is rubbish.

On the left you will see three filing trays full of paper, a scanner and junk. Next to it is a fluffy merecat, every desk should have one.

Look carefully below the desk for evidence of more junk - note the cables down the side too....

On the right is the canon i950 with the dust covers down - fairly important in this room! More junk on the desk further right, and some blank cd's/dvd's.

In front of the desk you can see the graphics tablet and my old radeon 8500 sat on top of an old (athlon xp 2200+) machine that hs become a handy table :)

The PC itself is one I built, Dual P4 3.06, radeon 9800 pro all in wonder, 1Gb DDR plus lots of storage space and a film scanner on top of it.

I agree about what is indicated by a tidy desk.... I did actuyally clear all the paper that should be in the bin off to take the shot. The post was show your workspace, and I hade to make sure you could see it before showing it :D :D

IMAGE: http://www.richardlindley.co.uk/images/workingspace.jpg

:D

If in doubt, I shut up...

Gear: 40D, 12-24mm AT-X Pro, 17-85mm, Sigma 150mm Macro Sigma 100-300 F4, 550EX, other stuff that probably helps me on my way.

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 13, 2003 07:29 |  #11

.....and what was in that glass sitting on your old PC?

I can guess.  :p :)  :p :)

DonCoon
140 posts
Joined Aug 2003

Dec 13, 2003 10:37 |  #12

OK, enough of this cleaning up your work space before taking the picture. Here, in all its daily glory, is my (our?) work space. To the left is my wife's; that's her 1999 license plate collection. To her left is a wonderful NEC 870 laser printer.

Mine's the more business-like one (ha, ha) to the right. At the far right is my son in-law's Dell laptop which I just saved from the trash can. Left of my work station is a slide scanner, Epson injet and Epson Perfection 1200U Photo scanner. Below the clock is a 1942 calendar perpetually showing January 1942. So now you know my vintage. And in the corner is a seldom watched 20" TV connected to a Dish Network receiver feeding 150 channels.

In the foreground you can see the arm of our office sofa which is primarily used to store more piles of paper, computer parts, etc.

My former employer had a lame saying: "A cluttered desk means a cluttered mind." to which we replied "An empty desk means an empty mind." I think the truth lies somewhere in between :)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'text/html'

Belmondo
Cream of the Crop
42,735 posts
Joined Jul 2003

Dec 13, 2003 10:44 |  #13

Very neat... Too neat.

Clearly you are a menace to society.

Tom

PacAce
Cream of the Crop
26,898 posts
Joined Feb 2003

Dec 13, 2003 11:10 |  #14

Okay, here's my real workspace at home (the first half) where I do the bulk of my "work". Since I'm into really top secret stuff notice the number of help I have enlisted to keey an "eye" on my things there? That guy in the center not only lends an eye but also an ear when I'm working late into the wee hours of the morning and I need someone to talk to. :D

IMAGE NOT FOUND

And here's the other half of my workspace (on the opposite end of the room). The guy in this picture gets pretty lonely since I don't use this workspace very often. That's why he cries a lot! :(

IMAGE NOT FOUND

...Leo

ilya
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,042 posts
Joined Sep 2003

Dec 13, 2003 13:11 |  #15

belmondo wrote:
Okay, here it is. As you can see, I'm in the middle of two secret projects: copying barnold999's nifty office design, and putting the finishing touches on the green Super Rebel.

If its green, isn't it then the Hulk Rebel (or Rebel Hulk)?

1D Mark II and stuff

sponsored links

156,045 views & 0 likes for this thread
Show us your home office/studio...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.