Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
Thread started 21 Oct 2008 (Tuesday) 15:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN Volume 3

Jamie ­ Holladay
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 21, 2008 15:11 |  #1

Hello all.

I just wanted to drop a note to remind all of you that the third volume of the great POTN Book has already begun. We are currently accepting submissions through November 17th. We would like to see the Motorsports share increase their interest in this year's book. We had some wonderful images last year and we are excited to see what is in store for this year. If you are not familiar with the book you can go here to see the images that compiled Volume I and here to see images from Volume II. If you would like to buy a copy see this thread. To submit photos for Volume III click here.

Thank you for your support.

Jamie Holladay (Motorsports Share Image Manager)
On behalf of the Book Staff.

The Site  (external link)The Gallery  (external link)The Gear (external link)

"If you really want something done, ask a busy person." Toms wife

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

You know I can't spell just sound it out. ~ me

sponsored links
darren ­ h
920 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Oct 21, 2008 15:39 |  #2

Crikey back round to that time again, doesn't seem two minutes since we were entering the last ones :eek:

Regards,
Darren Hopwood

www.dhopwoodphotograph​y.co.uk (external link)
My Gear List

Jamie ­ Holladay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 21, 2008 17:51 |  #3

Oh I forgot to mention, Pekka gave us a new smiley. If you guys see something that you would like to see in the book you can include it in your reply. (in all the shares not just here ;) )

bw!

It is in the smilie box or you can simply type bw!

Nothing is more Exhilarating than combining my two passions, the speed of a shutter, the speed of a car; What a Rush! ~ me

What stands between you and greatness sits between your ears, not in your camera bag. ~ John Thawley

Jamie ­ Holladay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 24, 2008 21:09 |  #4

here is a sneak peek of some of the submissions.

http://potn.smugmug.co​m …250_N9JQn#40160​4338_SU6rj (external link)

Jamie ­ Holladay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 28, 2008 15:43 |  #5

Just under three weeks to get your submissions in. We have some very nice shots submitted so far but Motorsports needs some representation! Get those submissions going!

GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 28, 2008 15:53 |  #6

Jamie Holladay wrote in post #6578831 (external link)
Motorsports needs some representation! Get those submissions going!

The rules wrote:
. If you have a photograph taken at an event (concert, auto race, etc.) that allows photography only for personal use, or otherwise prohibits photo publication, then you can not submit an image from that event.

As i've said before, that alone rules out the vast majority of shots taken by POTN members who post in Motorsports. There's no point trying to cajole people into posting when the rules themselves prevent it :)

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

Jamie ­ Holladay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 28, 2008 18:06 |  #7

GSH wrote in post #6578894 (external link)
As i've said before, that alone rules out the vast majority of shots taken by POTN members who post in Motorsports. There's no point trying to cajole people into posting when the rules themselves prevent it :)

But if you are credentialed you can.

Wazza
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Oct 28, 2008 18:59 |  #8

Yeah my favourite shots won't allow it - such as F1.
And the ones I can submit - drifting, no one will vote :p

New Zealand Photography Tours (external link) | Williams Photography - Queenstown Wedding Photography (external link) |
Instagram (external link) | Facebook - Weddings (external link) | Facebook - Landscapes + Tours (external link)

Borbor
639 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 29, 2008 16:22 |  #9

Jamie Holladay wrote in post #6579751 (external link)
But if you are credentialed you can.

Only if you're credentialed for commercial use in the case of IMSA / ALMS.

Pictures taken with press credential cannot be used because it's not for editorial purposes (or is it editorial :confused: )

a couple of cameras + eyes that are starting to open + boatloads of patience
My Website (external link)
http://www.s2ki.com …ndex.php?showto​pic=692516 (external link)http://www.s2ki.com …ndex.php?showto​pic=692112 (external link)

Jamie ­ Holladay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 29, 2008 16:34 |  #10

Well the concept of the book is editorial. That is the reason that we caption all of the photos and include the EXIF and Equipment used.

Borbor
639 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 29, 2008 17:08 |  #11

In that case, sweeeet! :D

a couple of cameras + eyes that are starting to open + boatloads of patience
My Website (external link)
http://www.s2ki.com …ndex.php?showto​pic=692516 (external link)http://www.s2ki.com …ndex.php?showto​pic=692112 (external link)

Jamie ­ Holladay
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
21,557 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Oct 30, 2008 21:41 |  #12

A slight change has been made to the T&C that might be of interest.

T&C 9.d

d. If you have a photograph taken at an event (concert, auto race, etc.) that allows photography only for personal use, or otherwise prohibits photo publication, then you can not submit an image from that event. You may submit an image if you believe it is not in conflict with the track/event operator or sanctioning body. However, be sure you are prepared to prove you have permission by way of written authorization or by providing your credential status upon request of the Book Committee.

Obviously the portion in red is the change.

smcclelland
Goldmember
2,686 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Nov 07, 2008 15:01 |  #13
bannedPermanently

Hmmm, what's the case with spectator images? I looked over all my tickets from this year and aside from Formula 1 there's no mention that images taken are for personal use only. The larger events such as ALMS are sanctioned for hard card/credential usage only but I am wondering about general track days I attended and the smaller events like the Koni Challenge that stopped up here. Couldn't find anything on the Grand-Am page about this.

Shawn | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link)
There used to be Canon gear here but it disappeared.

Cadwell
Cream of the Crop
7,333 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Nov 09, 2008 07:30 |  #14

Every circuit in the UK has a "private personal use only" photography clause for every meeting as a condition of entry, therefore it is highly unlikely that ANY spectator taken photos from a UK venue would be would be eligible for inclusion in the book.

I can't proffer an opinion on Canadian circuits but where there is any doubt I would expect the onus to be on the photographer to contact the individual series organisers / circuits and get the definitive answer for any image they wish to submit to the book.

As the rules Jamie quoted say, it is up to you to prove that you hold the rights to the photo.

Glenn
My Pictures: Motorsport (external link)/Canoe Polo (external link)/Other Stuff (external link)

cfpackerfan
I love my tail!
51,606 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 12, 2008 11:23 |  #15

Just a reminder that the deadline for submissions is Nov 17th.

Come on folks... get your shots submitted! :D :D :D

Cat -the femine feline with the namby arms. Loquacious, but not to a fault.
*Best post ever*  (external link)*Inspirations Photography* (external link) *Starfish Journal* (external link) *H.A.R.T.* (external link) <--clickety click!
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

sponsored links

4,129 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN Volume 3
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Motorsports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.