Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 22 Oct 2008 (Wednesday) 12:59
Search threadPrev/next

Model Releases

chris78cpr
586 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 22, 2008 12:59 |  #1

Hey all,

So i'm trying to start to shoot more people and before i get too serious i want to work out the important stuff so i do things properly right from the start.

Firstly i'm going to be shooting friends to build up some work and then i want to start working with people from modelmayhem and such.

On the subject of model releases i don't know exactly how to word them and what to include in them? I have looked at general releases from places like the AOP/Getty etc but i can't seem to work out what is relevant, etc.

Can anyone post the release that they use for model type shoots where A: Anything up to nudity is involved and B: That includes details that specify TFP usage/website usage/keeping copyright etc.

Any tips, links etc would be really helpful and probably be a good resource for other newcomers to this genre of photography.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon 5dmkii | 7d | Canon 1dmkii | Canon 400D | Canon 10D | Canon 1VHS | Canon Eos 3 | 17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 15F2.8 | 20F1.8EX | 50F1.4 | 85F1.8 | 100F2.8 Macro | 2 x 550EX | 1.4xII
Hasselblad 500CM | 80mm F2.8 CFE | A12 back | WLF

Mark_Cohran
Cream of the Crop
15,765 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2002

Oct 23, 2008 15:06 |  #2

These are the contract terms I use:

In consideration of my engagement as a model, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to Mark Anthony Cohran DBA Provocative Productions his/her heirs, legal representatives and assigns, those for whom Mark A Cohran is acting, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:

a) For the images captured on the date noted above, the unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and republish photographic portraits or pictures of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.

b) I also permit the use of any printed material or electronic media in connection therewith.

c) I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.

d) I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless Mark Anthony Cohran DBA Provocative Productions, his/her heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under his/her permission or authority, or those for whom he/she is functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.

e) I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

f) Compensation for this activity shall be:

In para f) I define the compensation (cash, prints, etc.)

The the model has any stipulations I'm agreeable to (not likely), they get specified in a new paragraph g).

These just the contract terms. The printed release has the date, the model's signature, his/her address, date of birth, and a witness signature and date.

Mark
-----
Some primes, some zooms, some Ls, some bodies and they all play nice together.
Forty years of shooting and still learning.
My Tumblr Site (external link) (NSFW)
Follow Me on Instagram (external link)

Phil.hearing
741 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 25, 2008 13:36 |  #3

there are plenty others on the net

Canon 5D MK1 | Holga 120s | EF 24-105mm f/4.0 L IS USM | EF 16 - 35mm f/2.8 L | EF 70 - 200MM F/2.8 USM IS L | Speedlite 580EX II |
www.philhearing.com (external link)

jhcanon
197 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 28, 2008 13:38 |  #4

The law in the UK is very different and not as strict on model release which is basically a US created thing. Check out the copyright situation in the UK as that is probably the msot relevant legislation.

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong

2,315 views & 0 likes for this thread
Model Releases
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.