Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes 
Thread started 08 Nov 2008 (Saturday) 12:51
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post Your Food Photography

vk2gwk
Cream of the Crop
12,794 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Joined Jun 2009

Sep 15, 2015 22:10 |  #4621

itsallart wrote in post #17709032 (external link)
the second one is really intriguing; what is that circular thing? Is it coated with cocoa?

Yes it was soft chocolate pastry stuff - tasted really good :0

My name is Henk. and I believe "It is all in the eye of the beholder....."
Image Editing is allowed. Please explain what you did!
5D MkIV 5DMkIII, 50D, 24-105/1:4L IS USM + 100-400/4-5.6L IS USM + 50mm 1.4 USM + Tamron 70-200mm F/2.8 VC + Sigma 150-600mm Sports + 580EXII + 430EX + YN568EXII, triggers, reflectors, umbrellas and some more bits and pieces...
Photos on: Flickr! (external link) and on my own web site. (external link)

sponsored links
BallerStatus
Goldmember
1,129 posts
Gallery: 338 photos
Joined Apr 2014

Sep 16, 2015 08:22 |  #4622

Thanks for all the comments and ideas guys and gals! I will post up again here soon when I get some time to get some more shots :)

2 6D - 35 f1.4L, 135 f2L, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 f1.8
EOS M and M5 - 11-22 f4-5.6 IS, 22 f2
AE-1 Program - FD 50 f1.8
Flickr (external link)

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,902 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 17, 2015 11:08 |  #4623

PhotosGuy wrote in post #17709248 (external link)
The food looks great! But you have tiny bits on the plate(?), & does it look like a toilet bowl to anyone else? ; )

haha i dont control the plates. All chefs are different some want it absolutely perfect, some dont mind a few bits of food.

tcphoto1 wrote in post #17709142 (external link)
After trying a 90TSE I respectfully disagree.

care to share why?

My Website: http://www.amairphoto.​com (external link)
flickr (external link)

tcphoto1
Goldmember
1,379 posts
Gallery: 28 photos
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 17, 2015 12:06 |  #4624

I owned a 90TSE for a few months but it just didn't work with my style of shooting. I have a 50L and 85L that I love and the response from clients has been very good. Perhaps it's the combination of perspective, minimum focus distance and boken that I love those lenses but I just didn't feel those when I used the 90TSE. I may rent a 45TSE in the future and see if it works for me.

www.tonyclarkphoto.com (external link)
www.tcphoto.org (external link)

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,902 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 17, 2015 12:56 |  #4625

tcphoto1 wrote in post #17711182 (external link)
I owned a 90TSE for a few months but it just didn't work with my style of shooting. I have a 50L and 85L that I love and the response from clients has been very good. Perhaps it's the combination of perspective, minimum focus distance and boken that I love those lenses but I just didn't feel those when I used the 90TSE. I may rent a 45TSE in the future and see if it works for me.

checked out you work, seems like youre doing just fine without it :lol:

flickr (external link)

tcphoto1
Goldmember
1,379 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 17, 2015 13:35 |  #4626

I appreciate the comment. I come from a fashion background with very little experience with product when I assisted. I may lack a little technical knowledge but I've worked on that and have a specific style in mind. I'm not that caught up in gear but I do have decent tools.

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,902 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 17, 2015 14:16 |  #4627

tcphoto1 wrote in post #17711270 (external link)
I appreciate the comment. I come from a fashion background with very little experience with product when I assisted. I may lack a little technical knowledge but I've worked on that and have a specific style in mind. I'm not that caught up in gear but I do have decent tools.

do you shoot editorial a lot?

flickr (external link)

tcphoto1
Goldmember
1,379 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Sep 17, 2015 15:01 as a reply to  @ amairphoto's post |  #4628

I did in when I transitioned from fashion to food for Atlanta Magazine, Arthritis Today (Arthritis Foundation), Atlantan Magazine are a few. I was lucky enough to have won a Gamma Gold Medal for the Southeast for one of the Editorial spreads. Since then, I shoot for Restaurant Groups and other entities but I still love shooting lifestyle in addition to food. I guess that's the frustrated fashion shooter in me.

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Nov 2013

Sep 19, 2015 21:41 |  #4629

Hot Wings and Thai Chili Sauce ...

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Lupo

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,918 posts
Gallery: 935 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Sep 19, 2015 22:35 as a reply to  @ Lupo-Lobo's post |  #4630

lovely shot!

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Sep 19, 2015 22:49 as a reply to  @ itsallart's post |  #4631

Thanks Renata, I appreciate it. I really felt like a beginner today doing this one. I was working with flash lighting and trying to figure it out from scratch .... regretting all the times I said that I was a natural light photographer ... :oops:

I am seeing the benefit of creating your own light, but for now I am struggling with it. For this I was using two flash, one bare - low and across (from camera right) and the other in a Westcott Apollo Orb 43" slightly camera left and above. Foam Core in the background.

Lupo

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
9,918 posts
Gallery: 935 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Sep 19, 2015 22:54 |  #4632

Lupo-Lobo wrote in post #17713978 (external link)
Thanks Renata, I appreciate it. I really felt like a beginner today doing this one. I was working with flash lighting and trying to figure it out from scratch .... regretting all the times I said that I was a natural light photographer ... :oops:

I am seeing the benefit of creating your own light, but for now I am struggling with it. For this I was using two flash, one bare - low and across (from camera right) and the other in a Westcott Apollo Orb 43" slightly camera left and above. Foam Core in the background.

You're welcome! Mission accomplished; the lighting is lovely. I'm still struggling with flash at times especially at events such as weddings but slowly getting better.

I went to the balloon festival as one of the official photogs and shot some stuff there. The balloons were not flying; it was too windy but I managed to get a nice balloon glow shot which you can see in my gallery :)
Take care :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

amairphoto
Cream of the Crop
6,902 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Sep 21, 2015 12:10 |  #4633

Lupo-Lobo wrote in post #17713978 (external link)

Whenever i can , i will always use natural light, it truly is king imo

flickr (external link)

Dave3222
Goldmember
1,366 posts
Gallery: 165 photos
Joined Jul 2013

Sep 24, 2015 14:10 |  #4634

Quick Lunch. The guacamole is homemade and tomatoes are from the neighbors garden. Tuna, is tuna.:-)

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/597/21496618478_186de6c8f3_b.jpg

Lupo-Lobo
Goldmember
1,103 posts
Joined Nov 2013

Sep 24, 2015 19:20 |  #4635

Very nice ... one of the joys of summer - homemade guacamole. Very healthy meal Dave, thanks for sharing.

Lupo

sponsored links

1,487,306 views & 3,229 likes for this thread
Post Your Food Photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Food Photography & Visual Recipes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.