Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Nov 2008 (Sunday) 08:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Image Transfer Trouble 40d

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,887 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 09, 2008 13:35 |  #16

Or Firewire.

Mitch- ____...^.^...____
Gear List, My You Tube (external link)
War is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

sponsored links
cchooks
THREAD ­ STARTER
280 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 09, 2008 15:04 |  #17

By doing a little searching, I have learned that a recent update on windows XP service pack 3 maybe the problem I am having. I went out and bought a cardreader and although my computer recognized the reader, it did not acknowledge the card.

I Have a Pair of 40Ds
CCHooks

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,887 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 09, 2008 15:32 |  #18

Did you try another card in it? The only reason it won't see the card as a drive letter is if the whole thing is bad.

Try restarting too. But in Windows explorer, you should see a bunch of new drive letters, one for each type of card the reader can handle. Mine takes 4 different kinds of cards and there is a letter for each of them.

If in Explorer, you see the drive letter, slip the card in and make sure it is plugging in, then there should be a plus sign beside the letter. Expand that and the camera file folders should be inside, click on them to find the files.

Mitch- ____...^.^...____

Eagle
Goldmember
4,373 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined May 2005

Nov 09, 2008 16:00 |  #19

runninmann wrote in post #6653542 (external link)
I was under the impression that the OP was referring to computer RAM, not CF card size.

I would imagine you're correct. Now that I re-read things and use my brain, who ever heard of a 3g card. :oops::lol::lol:

7D MKII ■ 10-22 ■ 15-85 ■ 28-135 ■ Σ 50-150 ■ 70-200 f4L ■ 100-400L ■ 580EX II
Gear-PCSmugMug (external link) ShutterStock (external link) Alamy (external link) Eagle's Nest Photography (external link)

Scott ­ McLoud
557 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 09, 2008 18:10 |  #20
bannedPermanent ban

canonloader wrote in post #6653122 (external link)
Not everyone is as serious as some of the diehards in this forum, and some people may not even know about card readers. And then some are serious and still prefer hooking up the camera.

NO however it costs around £5 for a card reader. YOu have your camera, hooked up via USB on your desk, knock the cable accidently and your camera lands on the ground in bits. Compare that to the speed of a £5 card reader.

Its always my #1 piece of advice, is to get a CR as accidents can and will happen :(

canonloader
Cream of the Crop
52,887 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Nov 09, 2008 18:17 |  #21

Hmm, my card reader cost $28 at Wal-Mart. And I totally agree with you about the cord in the camera. It happened to me once. But I already suggest that in my first post I believe, about not using the cord in the camera. And you just would not believe how many people do not know about card readers. Is there anything in the camera manual about using them? I don't remember anything. It explains how to use the cord though. ;)

Mitch- ____...^.^...____

mdruziak
212 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Nov 09, 2008 18:31 |  #22

Recently I have gone from 1 gig to 3 gig ram

On my PC I need to add RAM in matched pairs or the RAM speed slows down. You might want to try just doing your download with your original RAM configuration and see if it speeds up.

Photo A Day - My Photo Blog (external link)
Flickr (external link)

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Nov 09, 2008 19:28 as a reply to  @ post 6653568 |  #23

I'll repeat,, get a card reader.. Alot less hassles..

Jurgen
50D~EOS M50 MkII~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

sponsored links

1,852 views & 0 likes for this thread
Image Transfer Trouble 40d
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.