Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 14 Nov 2008 (Friday) 22:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Tiara Troubles

cchooks
280 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 14, 2008 22:44 |  #1

Anyone read in the PPA mag the article of the bride from Texas who sued her shooter because she claims he should have noticed that her tiara was on crooked. He claims he didn't notice and that it was not his place to make a judgement on how she wanted to wear her tiara. The couple wanted 1500.00 from them and the shooter refused to pay or fix them. He called the PPA indemnity and they offered to pay the bride off, but the shooter would have nothing of it. He went to court and brought along all the vendors, and an expert in head wear who testified that tiara vary from culture to culture, from region to region. The jury took 5 minutes to come back with an "in your face bride".

Man who hasn't had this. I have had my share. One mom took over 1 year to place her order, then called me every day to see if it was ready. I finally told her that the time to rush is in the actual placing of the order, and not rushing it while in production. She reported me to the BBB for being rude to her. One groom threatened to tell all his friends I did a bad job unless I gave him all the extra images not in his package. He claimed that he did not know I would take so many photos that his wife would want.

I have a few more but differ to you guys, any other doozies out there?

I Have a Pair of 40Ds
CCHooks

tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 16, 2008 04:07 |  #2

Nothing particularly bad has happened to me yet. Just be careful who you choose to accept as customers.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

830 views & 0 likes for this thread
Tiara Troubles
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.