Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 03 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 08:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!

this thread is locked
cicopo
Goldmember
3,571 posts
Gallery: 242 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 03, 2009 18:02 |  #1756

David, she's very attractive and deserves to be captured with your camera.
I just shot a fun fly but neither the weather nor the number of participants were as good as usual, but the camera did fine.

IMAGE: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_z3rAnHnUjjY/Skrc6yQI4tI/AAAAAAAAngQ/RiIm3SiC1es/s800/VZ1Q9967%20copy_1.jpg

In this one you can just notice that some of the upper wing's covering has peeled off. Luckily it didn't cause a loss of control.

IMAGE: http://lh6.ggpht.com/_z3rAnHnUjjY/SkrZA-zc00I/AAAAAAAAnd0/SnXV6BVRQSE/s800/VZ1Q9914%20copy_1.jpg

IMAGE: http://lh4.ggpht.com/_z3rAnHnUjjY/SkrtCakg1uI/AAAAAAAAnpY/_DEbBsH9ZzM/s800/VZ1Q0030%20copy_1.jpg

A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought.

sponsored links
ALaS
Goldmember
2,205 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jul 04, 2009 01:58 |  #1757

David S wrote in post #8219422 (external link)
Couple of more at ISO 1600 and f/2.8 and the use of outer points. No need to focus and recompose like my 30D.

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Why is it the only noisy part of this image is the girl?

Best Regards,
-Ericson.
flick (external link)r (external link) | Gear -Canon 1Ds Mark II, 50L & 28mm f/1.8 for SALE!

voka_gsw
58 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jul 04, 2009 02:20 |  #1758

Selective noise reduction, I assume.

David ­ S
559 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Jul 04, 2009 02:37 |  #1759

The pics were a little underexposed so I had to correct that in PP and in addition to running curves in PP probably brought out more noise.

I do a few layers and did run NR on the background. For the wife, I don't see noise on my monitor other than the hair which I did not run any NR on which I probably should have.

Leica M | Sony a7R | Fujfilm X-Pro 1
flickrexternal link

1Twist
843 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 04, 2009 02:43 |  #1760

Thank you for reading

zincozinco
-Followers of Fidget-
4,420 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jul 04, 2009 06:20 |  #1761

ALaS wrote in post #8221339 (external link)
Why is it the only noisy part of this image is the girl?

I found as well if you pixel peep the files even from a studio shoot, if there is a bit of under exposure you will get this kind of noise. The exposure have to be dead on - then you wont get the noise. As her face is a bit shaded that will happen as you can see that the highlights are blown in the BG

edit . ps if you do spot metering on the face in places where the light is a bit so so.... it should help a lot.....

Living the life, overexposing...
Web (external link), Blog (external link) Name: Mike, Maik, Micke or just zinco.

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 04, 2009 08:32 |  #1762

1Twist wrote in post #8221416 (external link)
Well if I am in the correct place, I have found a bunch of people who have too much money to buy S#$t like EOS-1 Ds Mrk 11 dslr. Which turns out good because I just got one myself 6-9 months ago. I don't claim to be a newbie in the same sentence I would not claim to be a pro. Yet my images are sub par and on a very inconstant basis. And yes I am going to blame my new equp. before my self. I tried to use most functions on this camera and then go back to the ones I am comfortable with. Reset back to factory and the cycle continues.I can't believe some of the images I am getting! This rig it capable of much more than I am getting out of it. And I know ..... I am the one shooting right. If anybody would like to help out send me a message. I would appreciate any advise. Thank you for reading!

1Twist,

You start off you post by making financial assumptions about the financial fitness of the people here based on what gear they own, claim to know what you are doing but offer up no examples of your specific problem and then ask for help. You've even seen fit to avoid the perfectly legible standard font and opt for a lighter, fuzzier one in your post! This is not a great way of starting out here. :confused:

Perhaps you could describe more specifically what issues you are having, post some example shots that demonstrate those issues and then we can go from there. Otherwise, your experience here is not going to be a useful one.

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

dlintz
614 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 04, 2009 10:05 |  #1763

M3Rocket wrote in post #8185419 (external link)
Your fourth? Something happen to the other three?

Maybe the Hoff "graduated" to a 1Ds3? :)

I bought his second or third, less than 7000 clicks and it works great....couldn't be happier.

I miss the Hoff too.

d.

Doug

1Ds II 17-40L - 24-70L - Sigmalux - Sigma 85 f/1.4 - 70-200L 2.8 II - Sigma 1.4x - G9 - Cybersyncs and some other stuff

1Twist
843 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 05, 2009 22:39 |  #1764

Just trying to make a joke excuse me. As for the font ... really. Perhaps I could "describe more specifically what issues I am having" but I wont because of persons like you. "This is not a great way of starting out here" -nice touch!!! from a senior member also.

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 05, 2009 23:09 |  #1765

1Twist wrote in post #8230194 (external link)
Just trying to make a joke excuse me. As for the font ... really. Perhaps I could "describe more specifically what issues I am having" but I wont because of persons like you. "This is not a great way of starting out here" -nice touch!!! from a senior member also.

If you claim that you aren't the problem (which you did in your first post) and you can't (won't) describe the specific problems you are having with the camera, we cannot help you, it's as simple as that. It's like calling the doctor and saying I'm sick, not going in to see him, refusing to tell him anything that is wrong with me, and expecting a diagnosis off of one phone call during which no details were exchanged. It just won't happen.

So give us some details and we will try to help as best we can.

Other than that I'll be back in a bit to post some pics from the past week...I've been away adventuring, hence the lack of posts with new pics for the last while.

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |
Marketplace Feedback: Link
www.sheawyatt.ca (external link)

1Twist
843 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Jul 05, 2009 23:36 |  #1766

Got it! Done with asking for help, will just keep quite and read, maybe I will learn more.

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 06, 2009 00:00 |  #1767

No need to keep quiet... we like helping. Answers require a question to be posed first. Even a single sample image with an explanation of what you think is wrong with it is a start.

X-T3 | 10-24 f/4 | 18-55 f/2.8-4 | 16 f/1.4 | 80 f/2.8 Macro | 55-200 f/3.5-4.8 | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 | 1.4x TC |

The ­ Ghost ­ of ­ FM
Goldmember
3,982 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jul 06, 2009 00:05 as a reply to  @ sheawyatt's post |  #1768

I'll interrupt this discussion with a picture from tonight's sun set.

Shot with the 14L again! ;)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i66.photobucket​.com …ster/VV4G4719al​tsmall.jpg (external link)

Cheers!

GEAR LIST l WEBSITE (external link)

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 06, 2009 00:24 |  #1769

Playing with some sort of HDR are we? Looks pretty good in the shadows... could use some fake sun flare though :P

Pics up in 2 minutes...

sheawyatt
Goldmember
1,406 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jul 06, 2009 00:33 as a reply to  @ The Ghost of FM's post |  #1770

Here we go. I had a week off from school this past week, so I took advantage of it to go do some proper recreation. I didn't do as much photography as I had hoped, but there was enough to keep me somewhat satisfied.

A bit of kayaking...

http://i169.photobucke​t.com …-30_09-39-06_Kayaking.jpg (external link)

Watching the sunset

http://i169.photobucke​t.com …_21-14-16_KnightInlet.jpg (external link)

Being mobbed by hummingbirds at the feeder -- there were up to 25 at the feeder at a time, which made for some great photo ops.

http://i169.photobucke​t.com …16-33-33_Hummingbirds.jpg (external link)

Excuse me...

http://i169.photobucke​t.com …16-53-10_Hummingbirds.jpg (external link)

Got lucky on this one. I prefocused on an area away from the feeder where they were hovering before going in, and got a couple sharp shots. This is the full frame with 300L + 1.4XTC. I could have used 8.5 fps here, but I only had my 1Ds with me.

http://i169.photobucke​t.com …16-54-34_Hummingbirds.jpg (external link)

Resting in the tree.

http://i169.photobucke​t.com …17-00-27_Hummingbirds.jpg (external link)

sponsored links

1,407,018 views & 0 likes for this thread
-=1DS Mark II Admirers, congregate!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.