POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #5 - AN EGG
Challenge #5 is to submit an image of AN EGG. You all have fine cameras and probably an egg in the fridge so will be starting off on a level playing field - unless by chance you happen to have a fine egg pic on file. The challenge is limited only by your imagination.
Try for an image that you would be proud to frame and hang on your wall to illustrate your artistic creativity and mastery of your equipment. The winners will have impact, sharp focus at the centre of interest, and good composition.
To submit, click "Post Reply" and put your Photo Name in the Subject Line. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Sunday midnight GMT, March 13, 2005.
Please consider turning on Private Messaging in your profile.
This will allow the host to contact you about winning or ineligible photos. You turn this feature on by clicking "User CP, Edit Options, Enable Private Messaging" (about a third of the way down the page). Thank you.
1. Camera -- photos must be taken with a Canon G-Series Camera (G1,G2,G3,G5,G6) or Pro 1.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be EXACTLY 640 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS. Odd-sized photos ineligible.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
5. Posting --
ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.
Photo Name in the message subject line.
6. Commenting by Photographers -- While name and camera are all that are required, you're welcome to add any hints, story, special techniques, location, EXIF data.
7. No Commenting by others -- When the posting is closed, comments can be made in this thread.
1. The Challenge Host is the winner of the last challenge.
2. Choose a topic and list any special rules -- but DO NOT POST a photo.
3. Post the topic in a thread with this title: “POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #XX -- [TOPIC]”
4. At the end of competition, choose a Winner and two Runners-up and explain why the photos were selected. Comments on other photos are nice but not required.
5. Post these in a thread titled “POTN G-Series Speed Challenge #XX -- Winners.”
6. Winner starts with Rule #1 above.
7. If the winner can't be contacted and doesn't respond by Tuesday midnight GMT, the second-place winner will host the challenge. Etcetera.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
New Topic ... Tuesday by midnight GMT.
Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
Posting Stops ... Sunday midnight GMT
Winner Announcement ... Monday by midnight GMT.
#004 - Old People - teekay, raj, thefly
#003 - Passage of Time - Booyah, Don Ellis, Rich Lawrence
#002 - Joy - TeeKay, Rich Lawrence, Pradeep1
#001 - Speed - BottomBracket, SmartImport, Rich Lawrence