Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 10 Dec 2008 (Wednesday) 12:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

40D main LCD display settings

photorookie
460 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 10, 2008 12:03 |  #1

I am switching from a Rebel XTi to a 40D presently. I am trying to find out if my 40D can be set so that on the main LCD on the back, that after you view a picture it goes to the menu display that shows your camera settings. Presently it goes blank.

Or must you use the display on the top for this.

Thanks!

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Dec 10, 2008 12:31 |  #2

That's what the top panel (which the XTi doesn't have) is for. And the benefit is that it's always there.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

timnosenzo
Cream of the Crop
8,831 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Dec 10, 2008 12:53 |  #3

You can view your settings on the rear LCD though, but you have to turn it on and off manually. I think if you just press the info button with the camera on (but not while you're displaying an image), the screen you're looking for will come up (you may have to press it twice, I forget).

connecticut wedding photographer (external link)

photorookie
THREAD ­ STARTER
460 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 10, 2008 13:01 |  #4

Jon wrote in post #6851470 (external link)
That's what the top panel (which the XTi doesn't have) is for. And the benefit is that it's always there.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I realize this, I was just trying to determine if I could set it differently

coleygm
317 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 10, 2008 13:45 as a reply to  @ photorookie's post |  #5

just hit the info button and all your settings will appear not unlike the XTi screen. ...you do have to turn it on/off manually though as it does not have the sensor like the XTi does.

you'll get used to having the top screen soon enough though. When i switched from an XTi to a 40d, i seemed a little funny at first but now i never even think about it anymore.

Greg
DigitalTheta.com (external link)

photorookie
THREAD ­ STARTER
460 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Dec 10, 2008 14:07 |  #6

OK I thought it was a manual function but wasnt sure.

Thanks for the reply.

coleygm wrote in post #6851995 (external link)
just hit the info button and all your settings will appear not unlike the XTi screen. ...you do have to turn it on/off manually though as it does not have the sensor like the XTi does.

you'll get used to having the top screen soon enough though. When i switched from an XTi to a 40d, i seemed a little funny at first but now i never even think about it anymore.

sponsored links

830 views & 0 likes for this thread
40D main LCD display settings
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.