Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 20 Dec 2008 (Saturday) 12:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Dog show "out take"...

Walczak ­ Photo
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 20, 2008 12:04 |  #1

Hey Folks,
As some folks may have seen, a week or so back I shot my first dog show and I had posted some of the better shots over in Critique Corner for review. As I was going thru the shots today, I decided to go ahead and process this shot because every time I look at it, it makes me giggle.

This was not only the first time I ever shot an event such as this, this was the first time I'd ever been to a dog show in person. I've watched a couple on TV from time to time but never having been to one in person, it never really occurred to me that what I've seen on TV was probably "edited" (Doh!). Of course there were certainly the "champions"...those amazing dogs that can run the obstacle courses at mind numbing speeds like real pros but what surprised me was that there were a few dogs there who weren't quite so professional and so I wanted to post this shot for as much what it's not as what it is...

IMAGE: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6582/img3456rn7.jpg

This beautiful guy just really cracked me up. He ended up getting disqualified because instead of going over the jumps, he ran around most of them! LOL!!! "Hey...why should I jump them when I can just go around?". I don't know how he did in the other competitions, but boy did he blow the obstacle course!

There were actually a number of dogs like this...in fact one dog stopped have way thru the weaving poles and when his owner yelled at him, he made a "doo-doo" right in the middle of the field! LOL!!!!!!! Somehow ya just never see that stuff on ESPN :D.

I've come to the conclusion that actually watching a dog show is like watching a car race...you don't actually watch the race for the race itself but for the wrecks! Call me a tad bit evil but I just had so much more fun watching the dogs that lost!

Anyways...not really looking for critiques or anything on this shot (although you may feel free to do so) as I know it's got some issues...I just wanted to post it along with the story behind it and maybe give a few dog lovers a good smile. Not every dog was born to be a "champion" I guess, but this guy really won my heart.

Enjoy,
Jim

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment. " - Ansel Adams
Walczak Photography - www.walczakphoto.izfre​e.com (external link)
Gear List

dtrotter
237 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 20, 2008 12:36 |  #2

That is a very nice shot and I love that dog---smart, and having a great time. He just wants to do things his own way!.

Diane

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

782 views & 0 likes for this thread
Dog show "out take"...
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.