Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 22 Dec 2008 (Monday) 20:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Diffence between CS3 Full Version & CS3 Extended??

TheFloridaShooter
713 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 22, 2008 20:07 |  #1

Help - Can someone please tell me in a nut shell what the difference is between CS3 Full Version and the Extended Version?

I'm interested in HDR Photography which version should I purchase?

Thanks

1Dx MKII | 1Dx | 5D MKIV | 5D MKIII | 5Ds r | 5Ds | 7D MKII | 7D | G16 | G3x | EOS M & M3 | 800 f5.6 | 600 f4 | 400 f2.8 | 300 f2.8 | 200-400 f4 | 100-400 f4.5 - 5.6 II x 2 | 70-200 f2.8 | 14 f2.8 II | 50 f1.2 | 50 1.4 | 85 f1.2 | 135 f2 | 24-70 f2.8 II | 11-24 f4 | 35 f1.4 II | Pentax 645Z | SMC Pentax-DA 645 25mm F4 AL | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL | Pentax 90mm f/2.8 D FA 645 Macro ED AW SR | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 200mm f/4 IF | SMC Pentax-D FA 645 300mm f/4 ED IF | SMC FA 645 400mm f/5.6 ED IF Lens

sponsored links
lnterestlng
393 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 22, 2008 20:51 |  #2

"Photoshop CS3 Extended includes all the features of Photoshop CS3 plus customized features meant for professionals using specialized images including 3D and motion based content. Photoshop CS3 Extended enables easy editing of motion graphics on video layers as well as compositing and texture editing of 3D content. Photoshop CS3 Extended also includes measurement and visualization tools that allow deeper analysis of scientific and engineering images."

Everything you want to know is on the ADOBE site. it took 1 google search to find this.

Damo77
Goldmember
4,637 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 22, 2008 22:02 |  #3

I've never seen any benefit to photographers in the purchase of the Extended version.

Has anybody on these boards ever used the extended features in their pursuit of photography?

Damien
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 22, 2008 22:06 |  #4

Damo77 wrote in post #6930319 (external link)
I've never seen any benefit to photographers in the purchase of the Extended version.

Has anybody on these boards ever used the extended features in their pursuit of photography?

Only as the optimal solution for using stills in a video project...

(And for most folks, it isn't necessary)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
5,306 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Dec 22, 2008 22:28 |  #5

I have CS4 Extended.. I've never used any of the extended features for photography.

[ www (external link)· flickr (external link)]

watchtherocks
579 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 22, 2008 22:30 |  #6

Same. Never used the Extended suite.

Anyone know anything anywhere anymore?

D ­ Thompson
Goldmember
3,854 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Dec 22, 2008 23:20 as a reply to  @ watchtherocks's post |  #7

For HDR I'd recommend Photomatix. http://www.hdrsoft.com​/ (external link)

Dennis
Canon 5D 20D
I have not yet begun to procrastinate!

gary88
Goldmember
4,010 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 23, 2008 01:45 as a reply to  @ D Thompson's post |  #8

I got CS3 extended cheaper than normal CS3 with the education discount, so I couldn't say no :p

www.garyhebdingjr.com (external link)|Flickr  (external link)IGear List|Alamy | (external link)Instagram: @garyhebding

col4bin
Goldmember
2,264 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 23, 2008 01:53 |  #9

I have extended but only because it is part of design premium. i have never used the additional features nor do I know how to.

Frank
http://www.fiorentinop​hotography.com (external link)
My Gear

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 23, 2008 05:10 |  #10

Damo77 wrote in post #6930319 (external link)

Not me.
I have CS2 and CS4.
A photographer I work for has CS3 extended, because it's part of the suite.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

sponsored links

1,377 views & 0 likes for this thread
Diffence between CS3 Full Version & CS3 Extended??
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.