Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
Thread started 07 Jan 2009 (Wednesday) 14:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Where is there racing this weekend (10th and 11th of Jan)(SE U.K.)?

ogre1231
Goldmember
1,137 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 07, 2009 14:10 |  #1

I'm probably going to be very bored this weekend and I'd like to go shoot some car racing this weekend. I figure there's probably some rallying going on. Where can I find out where it's going on? I've tried rally forums, racetrack webpages. Can't find squat. Can anyone help? Don't really care what kind of racing, I just want to get out and practice taking photos. Thanks

sponsored links
andrewc
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 07, 2009 14:56 |  #2

nothing listed on racedates.net but there could be a track days somewhere.

Norwich Photo Motorsport Photography • Facebook Entry • Canon EOS 7D / 50D / 40D / 24-105L / Sigma 100-300 f4 / 50mm f1.8 / Tamron 28-300 / 2x Canon 580EX2 flash / Interfit and Lastolite studio gear / Manfrotto supports / Lowepro Stealth Reporter AW650 and Computrekker

GSH
"wetter than an otter's pocket"
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 07, 2009 15:08 |  #3

There won't be much "proper" Motorsport on this weekend.
A lot of Motorsports types will be at the NEC for the Autosport show so getting hold of Marshals etc to run meetings will be difficult.

Geoff www.bhppix.co.uk (external link)

ogre1231
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,137 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 07, 2009 20:49 |  #4

Bummer. I was hoping to see something this weekend. Though I just looked up the NEC autosport show. I think I found my weekend fun!!! Thanks GSH!

Cadwell
Cream of the Crop
7,333 posts
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 08, 2009 00:55 |  #5

Mmm... the PikeySport show at the NEC can be described as many things but "fun" wasn't one that sprung immediately to mind. Still, if you're after some underlighters and blue LED washer jets for your Civic Type R then it's wicked, innit?

Glenn
My Pictures: Motorsport (external link)/Canoe Polo (external link)/Other Stuff (external link)

GSH
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 08, 2009 12:19 |  #6

ogre1231 wrote in post #7028172 (external link)
Bummer. I was hoping to see something this weekend. Though I just looked up the NEC autosport show. I think I found my weekend fun!!! Thanks GSH!

If you don't like crowds then you may want to reconsider. If you don't mind the scrum then go and enjoy yourself, but get there early.

I'll be having a gentle stroll around the NEC on Friday (minus crowds) courtesy of a very nice man who got me a Trade Pass a few days ago ;)

ogre1231
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,137 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 08, 2009 13:22 |  #7

Ah, nice deal. I am actually not a big fan of crowds nor blue lighter washer jets. In fact those are one of my least favorite cars of all time, not to mention highly "modified" versions of them. Do they have anything like this at the show? This was at the San Diego international car show on new years eve.

IMAGE: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3327/3179686387_cb36eb764a.jpg
Well guess I gotta keep hunting for the weekend.

GSH
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 08, 2009 14:38 |  #8

ogre1231 wrote in post #7032824 (external link)
Do they have anything like this at the show?

Nope. Fortunately the show hasn't quite sunk THAT far yet...

ogre1231
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,137 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 08, 2009 14:54 |  #9

thats good. no car show ever should.

Simon ­ Harrison
"Bag Snapper"
3,053 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 08, 2009 15:24 |  #10

They do have some of this though!

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

The girls will happily pose with you while your mate snaps you on his camera phone if you ask nicely LOL

Was very busy today from around 1200hrs onwards.

Simon.

Simon

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/srhmoto/ (external link)

Robert ­ C
160 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jan 09, 2009 11:52 as a reply to  @ Simon Harrison's post |  #11

Not quite racing but the VSCC have their Driving Tests at Brooklands Museum this Sunday. Usually quite entertaining.

Museum Website (external link)

A few from last year.

Robert

flickr (external link) - website (external link)

ogre1231
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,137 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 09, 2009 12:33 |  #12

Simon, all car shows need those!!! Did they have anything really impressive, car wise, to see? Think it's worth driving a few hours after waking up at the butt crack of dawn to go see?

Robert, thanks for the site, but not quite my style. I think if the weather was like it today, there wont be any pictures to be had. I could barely see driving home tonight!

GSH
3,939 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 09, 2009 12:39 |  #13

ogre1231 wrote in post #7039848 (external link)
Simon, all car shows need those!!! Did they have anything really impressive, car wise, to see? Think it's worth driving a few hours after waking up at the butt crack of dawn to go see?

Robert, thanks for the site, but not quite my style. I think if the weather was like it today, there wont be any pictures to be had. I could barely see driving home tonight!

I've just got back from a "Trade Only" day which was packed out after lunch...

Tomorrow will be utter madness. It's your choice, but i'd save your money and spend it on a couple of decent Rallies or Club meetings when the circuit season kicks off.

sponsored links

2,126 views & 0 likes for this thread
Where is there racing this weekend (10th and 11th of Jan)(SE U.K.)?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Motorsports Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.