Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 12 Feb 2005 (Saturday) 10:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Talk about what to shoot in Michigan

tjaudet829
190 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Aug 21, 2009 06:52 |  #436

Jon Foster wrote in post #8494653 (external link)
I haven't been to Selfridge in years. Maybe we'll try for Sunday as well. The Michigan Renaissance Festival opens Saturday too.

Jon.

I am going to try to squeeze it in on Sunday and this will be my first time with a good camera. :)

50D, EF-S 18-55 (Kit), EF-S 55-250, EF 50 1.8, 430ex, 70-200 2.8 L, EF 2x II TC, EF 1.4x TC,
EF-S 15-85

sponsored links
PhotosGuy
THREAD ­ STARTER
75,866 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Aug 21, 2009 09:09 |  #437

Depending on the weather, I'll try for Saturday.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

PhotosGuy
THREAD ­ STARTER
75,866 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2004

Aug 22, 2009 06:56 |  #438

Depending on the weather, I'll try for Saturday.

Forecast is mostly cloudy, & I've already been to shows in Michigan that look like the inside of a pillow case. I'm thinking that the aircraft will be closer today, but I'm going to opt for Sunday instead.

FrankC - 20D, RAW, Manual everything...
Classic Carz, Racing, Air Show, Flowers.
Find the light... A few Car Lighting Tips, and MOVE YOUR FEET!
Have you thought about making your own book? // Need an exposure crutch?
New Image Size Limits: Image must not exceed 1600 pixels on any side.

Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 22, 2009 07:59 |  #439

We're changing our plans. Today will be Selfridge. Tomorrow will be the Renaissance Festival. It's not that much fun shooting in the mud!

Jon.

I shoot with a Little Canon

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 22, 2009 19:16 |  #440

It was pretty hard to shoot against that heavy white cloud cover but it was cool anyway.

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/jfoster/image/116384873.jpg

Jon.

Check out my photos @ PBase.com (external link) & ModelMayhem.com (external link)

claybuster
723 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 23, 2009 08:33 |  #441

Nice shot ,Jon!! I would have been able to get some better shots if my feet hadn't got soaking wet from the rain LOL How's that for an excuse ?

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

MY GEAR
Whatever you are, be a good one- Abraham Lincoln

izthistaken
Cream of the Crop
6,857 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 23, 2009 09:03 |  #442

Mike, I turned around after I waited in line for 30 minutes and heard the someone was in line for 2 1/2 hours. :( I wish they would have charged $20 to keep people away. :lol:

Matt
flickr  (external link)
5DMKII | 16-35L |24-70L| 70-200L 2.8 II | Canon 50mm 1.8|35mm F2|580ex x2|Lumopro LP160|Nikon SB24|Cybersyncs x3

claybuster
723 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 23, 2009 09:25 |  #443

izthistaken wrote in post #8508370 (external link)
Mike, I turned around after I waited in line for 30 minutes and heard the someone was in line for 2 1/2 hours. :( I wish they would have charged $20 to keep people away. :lol:

I don't blame you ,Matt. I heard a lot of people did the same as you. I stayed to the end and it took me over an hour to get out of the parking lot.

MY GEAR

izthistaken
Cream of the Crop
6,857 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Aug 23, 2009 09:52 |  #444

My buddy just called me and said it was the same today. Guess next time I'll not get drunk and have a girl stay over night and get there early like you. :lol:

Matt
flickr  (external link)
5DMKII | 16-35L |24-70L| 70-200L 2.8 II | Canon 50mm 1.8|35mm F2|580ex x2|Lumopro LP160|Nikon SB24|Cybersyncs x3

Jon ­ Foster
is it safe?
4,517 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Aug 24, 2009 17:41 |  #445

We sat in line for 1 hour 50 minutes. I think my blood pressure is still high too. I idled away several gallons of diesel. And honestly, it really wasn't worth the hassle. So my first thought is we won't be going back again. After all these years you'd think the local police departments would have a better solution worked out for traffic control. It was pretty poor planning. I think my son got better pictures of the cops standing around. Especially the Chesterfield Police. One guy talked on his cell phone, did some texting and messed around on a laptop setup on his trunk for a long long time. I think he looked up at the traffic two or three times at the most.

Jon.

The_Terminator
178 posts
Joined May 2008

Aug 24, 2009 18:48 |  #446

I was there sunday as well. I was looking at everyone with a Canon camera, wondering if it was one of you fine folks.
I got some semi decent shots, but left at around 12:00 when I saw that there wasn't going to be much going on for a few hours. It took almost an hour to get out of the parking lot.

We were directed to go left when we got out of Selfridge, and that took us all the way around the blasted property. By the time we got back to the front, we saw that they changed the traffic pattern and that people who had been a half hour behind us were now way ahead since they were able to make a right turn out of Selfridge.

It was fun though.

I only exist for your entertainment.

Mike30D
561 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2008

Aug 24, 2009 20:31 as a reply to  @ The_Terminator's post |  #447

If anyone's interested Pete Lerro is doing a photo charter with the NKP 765 this weekend in Owosso. The PM 1225 was supposed to be there too, but it will not be fixed in time for the charter.

You can get more info here: http://www.lerroproduc​tions.com/berkshirecha​rter.htm (external link)

Not exactly cheap, but it's a shot at being up close to a beautiful piece of history. Wish I had the money to go...

EDIT: Just found out today that the PM 1225 is back in operation and will be running on Sunday.

Mike | flickr (external link) | Photos on Railpictures.net (external link) |

claybuster
723 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Aug 25, 2009 17:35 |  #448

I had a good time at the air show Saturday. I have been to this show before and new it would get crowded! I got in line Saturday morning at 7:15 am and was about the 30th car back. Coming in off North River Rd when you get in line you park on the side of the road and wait for the gates to open.It did rain for about half an hour and we sat in the car until it stopped . I was still able to get in the first row along the fence in a good spot for picture taking. As I said before I wasn't happy about it taking over an hour to get out of the parking lot. I think it's a great show and worth the price of parking and admission;) I will go again in two years. I wish they had it every year.

MY GEAR

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Aug 29, 2009 18:29 |  #449

Mike30D wrote in post #8517287 (external link)
If anyone's interested Pete Lerro is doing a photo charter with the NKP 765 this weekend in Owosso. The PM 1225 was supposed to be there too, but it will not be fixed in time for the charter.

You can get more info here: http://www.lerroproduc​tions.com/berkshirecha​rter.htm (external link)

Not exactly cheap, but it's a shot at being up close to a beautiful piece of history. Wish I had the money to go...

EDIT: Just found out today that the PM 1225 is back in operation and will be running on Sunday.

That would be fun, although expensive. I would have paid the $75 for Friday night though.

samueli
Goldmember
1,011 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Sep 03, 2009 17:51 as a reply to  @ samueli's post |  #450

Need some ideas

So if you had Friday 09/04 off from work, what/where would you go shoot around S.E Michigan? Especially around sunrise.

sponsored links

89,278 views & 0 likes for this thread
Talk about what to shoot in Michigan
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.