Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 11 Jan 2009 (Sunday) 06:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Landscape C n C please

binliner
THREAD ­ STARTER
711 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 14, 2009 01:17 |  #16

Thanks, they were taken at sunrise (the second one just before and the first one just after) but it was cloudy, so muted rather than spectaular :)

Justin
website (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link) | blog (external link)
5D II | 7D | G1-X | 17-40mm f4 | 50mm f1.4 | 70-200mm f4 | 300mm f4 | 1.4x II | Lee filters

sponsored links
dr1ft
284 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 14, 2009 11:41 |  #17

Using Rule of thirds to bring the horizon on the upper 1/3 line makes a nice difference. Also, the colors are very nice, so a little saturation boost would be great.

-Vik
http://www.sejvik.com (external link)

gregpphoto
Goldmember
1,123 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 14, 2009 13:24 |  #18

I wouldn't touch number 1, except maybe to darken the foreground plants which look like a flash hit them. The color and composition is quite amazing, though. The shape of the puddle is great too.

gregpphoto.com (external link)
Flickr (external link)

binliner
THREAD ­ STARTER
711 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 14, 2009 13:44 |  #19

gregpphoto wrote in post #7075911 (external link)
I wouldn't touch number 1, except maybe to darken the foreground plants which look like a flash hit them. The color and composition is quite amazing, though. The shape of the puddle is great too.

Thanks... it's hard to tell in the pic but the white bits you can see on all the plants in the foreground is frost!

Justin
website (external link) | flickr (external link) | facebook (external link) | blog (external link)
5D II | 7D | G1-X | 17-40mm f4 | 50mm f1.4 | 70-200mm f4 | 300mm f4 | 1.4x II | Lee filters

mrpeabody
27 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 15, 2009 17:05 |  #20

Nice images. The detail in the foreground is certainly nice. It would be nice to have had interesting sky details to help pull your interest back there. When we have skys like this we tend to minimize the amount of sky included and focus more on the foreground. You used the post well as a leading line that helps pull one back into the image.

Phil Ginn
www.OurPhotographicJou​rneys.com (external link)

LL01773
Goldmember
2,796 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Jan 16, 2009 04:27 as a reply to  @ mrpeabody's post |  #21

I think you've managed to capture some lovely detail in the foreground of both shots. The bland skies couldn't exactly be helped.
I do however think that both shots are just lacking a real focal point. They have lead in lines but those lines don't actually seem to lead to anything.
Without being there myself though, its difficult to say if there was anything more you could do about that. If there's nothing there to use as a focal point then I guess its just tough luck. :lol:

On another matter, you should check out the POTN SE UK thread. There are some great people on there and we try to meet up fairly regularly.

you can find the thread HERE

No sense and unfortunately not enough money.

www.flickr.com/photos/​ejl80 (external link) www.ejlphotos.co.uk (external link)

Stuff I Use

binliner
THREAD ­ STARTER
711 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 16, 2009 04:47 |  #22

Thanks for the advice mr peabody & Elljam both very useful... There is a bit of a lack of focal points in the distance in that location, if the sunrise had been an interesting one, that would have made a difference, but with the lack of focal point or interesting sky in future i'll use phil's advice and use less sky

I'll have a look at the SE thread thanks

Justin

sponsored links

2,253 views & 0 likes for this thread
Landscape C n C please
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.