Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Feb 2009 (Wednesday) 17:07
Search threadPrev/next

Post your best FLAKE excuses =)

f1nut
259 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jan 2007

May 20, 2011 00:37 |  #151

Ledrak wrote in post #12442907 (external link)
I feel your pain, as I've gone through some similar crap with models over the years. At least you didn't loose extra money on a boat rental (if that's any consolation).

Yes I guess that did help a bit but it really did knock me for six and even now I just do not trust people :(

The wife says I never listen or something like that.

http://www.flickr.com/​photos/petebphotos/ (external link)

35mmNewbie
Goldmember
2,127 posts
Joined Mar 2010

May 20, 2011 11:08 |  #152

My best one yet. I was working with a model that lived across from my apartment in florida, mind you her door step is 7 feet away from mine, its not like she was in a seprate building. We were going to meet in the club house gym(which is only 25 yards away) for a shoot at 3pm. At 330 I called her and she said her car wouldn't start, I told her I would come and pick her up so she wouldn't have to WALK!! She told me she doesn't get in the car with strangers. I said ok, packed up my stuff, and headed back over to my apartment, guess who drove by? The look on her face was priceless.

Bryan
20D; 70-200 f4; YN-560; Genesis 200 Strobe w/ 43" Umbrella; 43" 5 in 1 Reflector;

dsmPhotoCompany
Goldmember
2,339 posts
Joined Mar 2008

May 20, 2011 11:18 |  #153

If a model/client flakes it's fine by me. Why? Because they've paid - so if they're in the business of giving away money - it's on them.

Doesn't happen though - people usually have a habit of committing when there is a financial investment made.

www.dsmphotocompany.co​m (external link) · dsmPC Facebook (external link) · www.iclickphotography.​com (external link) · iClick Facebook (external link)
SuperShoots (external link) · ModelMayhem (external link) · Flickr (external link) · ∞500px (external link)

SleepingPachuco
36 posts
Joined May 2011

May 20, 2011 13:42 |  #154

This horror story is from when I was managing artists...
I had met with a young rapper/reggaeton artist and from his self made cd I saw a lot of potential and met up with him got to know him a bit and he looked hungry for the shot...I end up booking him at a smaller venue to see what happens and I am in constant communication with him...the night before I talk with him on the phone and everything is perfect and he will be ready for soundcheck in the morning.
Morning comes and he doesn't answer....after a few calls his Phone is off...I check his myspace and he apparently went out the night before and was feeling lazy and didn't want to do anything that day...I end up having to go to the venue and talk with the people there about how he wouldn't be showing up...needless to say but I didn't work or hear much from those contacts ever again...

60D /18-135 3.5-5.6 /Nifty Fifty /75-300 4-5.6 /Rode VideoMic

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

May 23, 2011 07:02 |  #155

I think going out partying is the real number one excuse for all flakes - either they miss it by going or miss it by recouperating.

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

SleepingPachuco
36 posts
Joined May 2011

May 23, 2011 19:01 |  #156

TooManyHobbies wrote in post #12462081 (external link)
I think going out partying is the real number one excuse for all flakes - either they miss it by going or miss it by recouperating.

Totally agree....and it's even worse when they say that their ONLY available on weekends...

60D /18-135 3.5-5.6 /Nifty Fifty /75-300 4-5.6 /Rode VideoMic

teaco
881 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 27, 2011 17:51 |  #157

after around 2 hours spent discussing the shoot over emails - swapping ideas, concepts and all that - i then arranged a custom scooter from one source and a cruiser bike from another. Spend an hour polishing the bike.

Model texts me at 5am to say she's had a late night and thought it would be best if she cancelled the 1pm shoot... and how she is sure i will understand as i would want her looking her best.

She then texts at 3pm to ask when we are going to reschedule .

And i was paying HER for the shoot as i really wanted her look in my port.

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

facebook (external link)
blog (external link)
website (external link)

M_ark
667 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 28, 2011 02:46 |  #158

teaco wrote in post #12490953 (external link)
after around 2 hours spent discussing the shoot over emails - swapping ideas, concepts and all that - i then arranged a custom scooter from one source and a cruiser bike from another. Spend an hour polishing the bike.

Model texts me at 5am to say she's had a late night and thought it would be best if she cancelled the 1pm shoot... and how she is sure i will understand as i would want her looking her best.

She then texts at 3pm to ask when we are going to reschedule .

And i was paying HER for the shoot as i really wanted her look in my port.

Arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

maybe you should have told her 4pm (the same day!) ...

remarkphotography.com (external link)
Canon EOS 40D, 5Dc, EF 24-70 2.8L, Tamron 55-200.

teaco
881 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 28, 2011 03:40 |  #159

M_ark wrote in post #12493148 (external link)
maybe you should have told her 4pm (the same day!) ...

Ah, and here i was thinking the model had been unreasonable. It was actually my fault for arranging 1pm with her instead of 4pm :lol:

facebook (external link)
blog (external link)
website (external link)

M_ark
667 posts
Joined Feb 2008

May 29, 2011 05:24 |  #160

teaco wrote in post #12493249 (external link)
Ah, and here i was thinking the model had been unreasonable. It was actually my fault for arranging 1pm with her instead of 4pm :lol:

if she was awake enough to SMS you at 3, surely she could be shoot ready at 4!?

remarkphotography.com (external link)
Canon EOS 40D, 5Dc, EF 24-70 2.8L, Tamron 55-200.

teaco
881 posts
Joined Oct 2009

May 29, 2011 06:17 |  #161

nah, working at 5. that's why we had scheduled early afternoon.

facebook (external link)
blog (external link)
website (external link)

jeyaganesh
438 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jun 06, 2011 09:49 as a reply to  @ post 11226514 |  #162

Funny and entertaining thread:) POTN should compile these posts and make an humour ebook :)

Jay. Flickr (external link) 500px (external link) Canon EOS 5D Mark III, Canon AE-1 Program, EF 135mm f/2.0 L, EF 35mm f/1.4 L, EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L. (external link)

BoneJj
Goldmember
1,269 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Jun 06, 2011 12:44 |  #163

I was sitting at my friends house all setup for a couple of her friends to show up and shoot with me yesterday. I was using her house as she has 20+ foot ceilings and my 8' ones can be a pain in the butt at times.

I watch one of her friends pull up and drive around the culdesac, she pulls out her cell phone and proceeds to call me and tells me she's not going to be able to make it. I found my self chuckling as she told me this and she asks me why i'm laughing. I said something to the effect of a show on tv made me laugh. She then drives off.

5 minutes later (after my friend called her and asked her where she was) she calls back and says that she can now make it. 2 minutes later she calls back again and says that she just got called into work and that she she wants to reschedule...

talk about cold feet..... I had previously told her that there would be no nudity at all and her best friend was going to be there as it is to ensure her piece of mind.

So I just ended up taking photos of my friend for a little while and packed up and went home.

I see the other girl on a regular basis and we are supposed to shoot again. I think after I actually do get to shoot with her I'll let her know that I saw her outside, lol.

--Bone | FSS (external link) | flickr (external link) | Gear list (external link) |

Bilsen
Goldmember
1,864 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jun 06, 2011 12:54 as a reply to  @ BoneJj's post |  #164

Hey Mayhem Vets,

I need some help over here:

https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1051205

Let's help the newbs.

BILSEN (the artist formerly known as John Galt NY)
Canon 600D/T3i; 70D & 1D Mk2
24-105 f4L IS; 70-200 f4L IS; 50 mm 1.4; 18-55 IS;55-250 IS; 85mm f1.4 Sekonic L-358; 580EX & (2) 430EX
Model Galleries: http://bilsen.zenfolio​.com (external link)

Ebwly
570 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jul 26, 2011 01:15 |  #165

It's much easier to be an a__hole to words than people...

7D, 17-55 f2.8 IS, 70-200 f2.8 IS II, 50 f1.4

73,023 views & 1 like for this thread
Post your best FLAKE excuses =)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.