Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Feb 2009 (Wednesday) 17:07
Search threadPrev/next

Post your best FLAKE excuses =)

Just ­ Be
Goldmember
1,449 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 10, 2009 20:17 as a reply to  @ post 7299398 |  #16

My favorite..."I have a family emergency." :rolleyes:

6D, 60D, Various L and non-L Lenses and more gear than I have time to use. ;)

cskn0125
Goldmember
1,665 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 11, 2009 01:57 |  #17

Four weeks planned ahead. One week to the shoot date - "oh sorry, I forgot that I was already booked"

bah!

PORTFOLIOexternal link // FACEBOOKexternal link // TWITTERexternal link // BLOGexternal link

hawk911
Cream of the Crop
11,356 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jul 2006

Feb 11, 2009 09:16 |  #18

M Powered wrote in post #7297758 (external link)
Seriously... most models are dumb and not really serious about modeling. I favor the agency ones because they are dedicated and punctual.

I had a model that I shot a while back, several times actually. I guess it came to a point where she didn't value shooting with me anymore so she flaked on me... 3 times. Then she went on crying to friends of mine who are also photographers saying I won't talk to her no more.. boo hooo..

goes back to my rule- you can cancel on me twice. If you've cancelled on me that frequently, you've proven it's just not that important for you and I to work together.

HAWK Photography Gallery (external link) FB Fan page (external link)|_My gear: 5d3, 70D & 40D (all gripped), 580exII, 550ex, Canon 24-70 L & 85 f1.8, 50mm f1.4; Tamron 70-200 SP Di VC, Canon 18-55, Sigma 1.4xtc; Elinchrom Whore, Skyport triggers, Speedotron BD and Kacey Grid, Vagabond minis

tiler65
398 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Feb 11, 2009 11:16 as a reply to  @ hawk911's post |  #19

My first flake...............

Model - 'I have a big zit on my ass/arse/bum/bottom'

Me - 'We were doing headshots as discussed'

www.tomastleyphotograp​hy.co.uk (external link)
My Blog (external link)

inthedeck
Cream of the Crop
11,579 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2006

Feb 11, 2009 11:50 |  #20

tiler65 wrote in post #7303429 (external link)
My first flake...............

Model - 'I have a big zit on my ass/arse/bum/bottom'

Me - 'We were doing headshots as discussed'

Now that's funny. :lol:

MCSquared Photography (external link) on WWW
MCSquared Photography (external link) on Flickr
MCSquared Photography (external link) on IG
My name: Manish.

M ­ Powered
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,476 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 11, 2009 12:11 |  #21

hawk911 wrote in post #7302660 (external link)
goes back to my rule- you can cancel on me twice. If you've cancelled on me that frequently, you've proven it's just not that important for you and I to work together.

The model that flaked 3 times was considered a "friend." If it was someone I never shot before I rarely give them a 2nd booking if the first one is canceled or re-scheduled less than 1 week notice.

Canon 5D Mark III | EF 24-70 f/ 2.8 L II

http://www.keslertran.​com (external link)
http://keslertran.tumb​lr.com (external link)

dsmPhotoCompany
Goldmember
2,339 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 11, 2009 12:13 |  #22

Getting deposits before scheduling helps quite a bit. :)

www.dsmphotocompany.co​m (external link) · dsmPC Facebook (external link) · www.iclickphotography.​com (external link) · iClick Facebook (external link)
SuperShoots (external link) · ModelMayhem (external link) · Flickr (external link) · ∞500px (external link)

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 12, 2009 14:25 |  #23

1. Had a large shoot with rented studio one of the models said "I will try to make it" Try? "Oh my grandmoter has cancer and I can't commit. I think I need to stop modeling and pick it up later" Yet her schedule had lots of shoots I know she did soon after mine? She was a pre-madonna in the planning anyway. After weeks of planning this shoot this comes up 4 days before.
2. MUA, grandmother has cancer.
3. Model/MUA, grandmother has cancer.
4. Model ,grandmother has cancer.
5. MUA, lost my cell phone
6. Model, grandmother has cancer
7. I sent an email 1.5 hours before the shoot canceling
8. I had a stalker
9. Model, no show no reponse, but received a 2nd request to work with her on MM after a no-show and no response to why she didn't
10. Model, no show no response, but again received a request to work with her on antoher project

I'm now going to ask for an address to send flowers for all unwell or deceased.

I allow one cancelation with notice otherwise I don't bother. I unschedule anyone who doesn't respond quickly to planning efforts. I don't schedule people who have canceled without notice unless I know it is unavoidable.

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

wagonwheel
653 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Feb 14, 2009 04:55 |  #24

About an hour before the shoot time, I got an e-mail that simply said “My babysitter just canceled on me.”

So I asked: what does that mean? Are you not coming, are you bringing your child along, what? I did not show up for the shot as I did not hear from her again.

Lovin' my 80D
Take a look WWW.picturetrail.com/d​wjohnson (external link)

kenwood33
Goldmember
2,615 posts
Joined Jul 2005

Feb 14, 2009 13:43 |  #25

MUA: I forgot where I put my makeup kit.

Gearlist

SonicYan
598 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 15, 2009 19:57 |  #26

Yeah, I've had the usual car accidents, mother wants them to do something else for that day etc etc. Also had the cut her knee up bad so she didn't want it to show up in the pictures.

SonicYan, aka Mikey
Black Canon Rebel XT, Canon BG-E3, EF-S 18-55, EF 50mm 1.8, EF 85mm 1.8, EF 70-200 f4L, SunPak 5800D, Canon RS-60E3, Canon RC-1, Canon 580EX Speedlite.
www.madlightmedia.com (external link)

SonicYan
598 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 15, 2009 20:00 |  #27

M Powered wrote in post #7268310 (external link)
Heres my gift for you guys..

If a model tells you, "I'll have to see if I can get that day off from work." = 99% flake.

So true.

SonicYan, aka Mikey
Black Canon Rebel XT, Canon BG-E3, EF-S 18-55, EF 50mm 1.8, EF 85mm 1.8, EF 70-200 f4L, SunPak 5800D, Canon RS-60E3, Canon RC-1, Canon 580EX Speedlite.
www.madlightmedia.com (external link)

charlesu
Goldmember
4,316 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Feb 16, 2009 19:50 |  #28

I have heard many, many of them over the years. Sometimes several are stacked on top of one another.

Family emergency--it is amazing how many family emergencies all these models have.
I had a wreck.
I had to buy a major appliance (insert choice).
I had to buy a major appliance (two weeks later).
I had to buy a major appliance (again, just make one up because I am sure she did--several weeks later--though by this point I was only booking her for the fun of seeing which major appliance would blow up).
My husband's unit got called back to base because someone got a DUI.
Two weeks later, husband calls saying same model could not make it because his unit was called back to base because someone in his unit bounced a check.
I have to get married in a few weeks and suddenly realized how much I have to do just to get married (she actually ended up shooting with another photog that weekend who molested her).
My grandma got sick so I went to the hospital to see her and had a wreck on the way and someone stole my purse while I was in the hospital.
My cousin (who I never gave a **** about before) is coming home from Iraq (oh, and there's a big party with free booze and food).
I am only doing paid shoots now. The (unpublished) "pro" photographer I worked with yesterday told me I am worth $150 per hour and only to work with him unless someone is paying me. (Heard this one several times. Sometimes the second part is mentioned, sometimes it is not.)
I can't come to your shoot because my previous shoot ran over 30 mins.
My boyfriend won't let me (well, no one has actually said this one but I figured it was true many times).
My mom took my car and told me to drive hers to the shoot but didn't leave me any keys.
There is a traffic jam and I can't get out of town. (In a city of like 80,000).
I forgot my makeup so have to go home (a model who was supposedly in town but decided she had to drive 2.5 hours home to get her makeup rather than come on to a shoot). She then called from home to add that there was a family emergency requiring her to stay there.

How many more would you like?

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 16, 2009 20:11 |  #29

charlesu wrote in post #7340036 (external link)
I have heard many, many of them over the years. Sometimes several are stacked on top of one another.

Family emergency--it is amazing how many family emergencies all these models have.
I had a wreck.
I had to buy a major appliance (insert choice).
I had to buy a major appliance (two weeks later).
I had to buy a major appliance (again, just make one up because I am sure she did--several weeks later--though by this point I was only booking her for the fun of seeing which major appliance would blow up).
My husband's unit got called back to base because someone got a DUI.
Two weeks later, husband calls saying same model could not make it because his unit was called back to base because someone in his unit bounced a check.
I have to get married in a few weeks and suddenly realized how much I have to do just to get married (she actually ended up shooting with another photog that weekend who molested her).
My grandma got sick so I went to the hospital to see her and had a wreck on the way and someone stole my purse while I was in the hospital.
My cousin (who I never gave a **** about before) is coming home from Iraq (oh, and there's a big party with free booze and food).
I am only doing paid shoots now. The (unpublished) "pro" photographer I worked with yesterday told me I am worth $150 per hour and only to work with him unless someone is paying me. (Heard this one several times. Sometimes the second part is mentioned, sometimes it is not.)
I can't come to your shoot because my previous shoot ran over 30 mins.
My boyfriend won't let me (well, no one has actually said this one but I figured it was true many times).
My mom took my car and told me to drive hers to the shoot but didn't leave me any keys.
There is a traffic jam and I can't get out of town. (In a city of like 80,000).
I forgot my makeup so have to go home (a model who was supposedly in town but decided she had to drive 2.5 hours home to get her makeup rather than come on to a shoot). She then called from home to add that there was a family emergency requiring her to stay there.

How many more would you like?

We should swap names neighbor. We probably got flaked by some of the same.

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

charlesu
Goldmember
4,316 posts
Joined Jan 2003

Feb 16, 2009 20:13 |  #30

TooManyHobbies wrote in post #7340177 (external link)
We should swap names neighbor. We probably got flaked by some of the same.

Probably so. And I left out a major excuse for not showing up. I will place it in quotes below.

".............."

Thanks for stopping in and having a look.
Prints of my work are available for purchase. Please contact me offline or thru PM if you are interested.

73,031 views & 1 like for this thread
Post your best FLAKE excuses =)
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.