Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 09 Mar 2009 (Monday) 20:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bag Help! Yes, I need bag help...

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 09, 2009 20:28 |  #1

Ok, while I like my Velocity I found out the Fastpack 200 was bigger than I thought and I immediately wanted to sell my Velocity 8x for it. Well...then I looked at the Flipside 200 again and still love it. Not sure about the whole opening from the back. Not sure how hard it'd be and what not. Now Tamrac as the Aero Speed Pack but I'm not sure I see that much of an advantage over the Faspack. I don't need a laptop and a key concern is whether I can fit my camera 70-200 attached.

I'm just not finding any reviews on the Fastpack 200. Everyone seems to have the 250 and 350. So please!!!! Some reviews! I know people have this bag but no one seems to post reviews so anything, thanks!

-Nate

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

sponsored links
eelnoraa
Goldmember
1,798 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 10, 2009 14:30 |  #2

I went to camera store to check them out a while ago. The 200 and 250 are exactly the same size in the camera compartment, just the 250 has laptop slot and more straps. So from 250 review, you should have a pretty good idea of the 200 size.

5Di, 5Diii, 28, 50, 85, 16-35II, 24-105, 70-200F2.8 IS

Duncan ­ Frenz
Purposely evaded the TF
1,553 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 10, 2009 14:38 as a reply to  @ eelnoraa's post |  #3

I use the Fastpack 200 and it is as the previous poster said, the same size as the 250. The 200 will easily accommodate your gear, and is much easier to get in and out of than the Flipside. I was torn between the Flipside and the Fastpack. The Fastpack won out for its size and versastility. The Flipside has a tripod holder which is not on the Fastpack. However, the Fastpack has an area for gear or general purpose stuff on top, whereas the Flipside is just camera gear.

- Duncan
Gear_Mor
e than I need, Less than I want
Nonconformists are all alike.
I am not an expert, but I play one on the internet.:D

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 10, 2009 20:50 |  #4

^Yeah, I check them out today. If the 200 is the same size as the 250 (which Lowepro shows different) then I guess the Fastpack is out because that's huge. It's bigger than the Slingshot 200.

Last Shot Photography

Skrim17
The only TPBMer without a title. Enjoying my anonymity.
40,070 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Mar 10, 2009 20:54 |  #5

a nice review https://photography-on-the.net …light=Fastpack+​200+review

I have the 200 and love it.

Crissa
PLEASE HELP ME FIND MY PHOTOS!! (external link)

oomus
313 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 10, 2009 21:07 as a reply to  @ Skrim17's post |  #6

I just added a lowepro sling 300 to my arsonal and am very pleased with it but the 300 is for a pro body .

I think the 200 and 250 fit the smaller bodies. Check those out before you make a decision.

its pretty slick and easy to get into. On the 300 I can carry my 100-400 and 70-200 2.8 IS as well as 3 other smaller lenses and a 1d3.

The 350 carries a laptop aswell but I amagine its pretty heavy with all that stuff in it

Scott G.
WWW.AzClockStoppers.co​m (external link)
The Gear List

Duncan ­ Frenz
Purposely evaded the TF
1,553 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 11, 2009 00:27 |  #7

_aravena wrote in post #7498223 (external link)
^Yeah, I check them out today. If the 200 is the same size as the 250 (which Lowepro shows different) then I guess the Fastpack is out because that's huge. It's bigger than the Slingshot 200.

The 250 is of course larger! It has to accommodate a laptop too. The 200 HOLDS as much camera gear as the 250... but it is bigger than the slingshot. The slingshots are tiny in comparison.

- Duncan
Gear_Mor
e than I need, Less than I want
Nonconformists are all alike.
I am not an expert, but I play one on the internet.:D

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Mar 11, 2009 01:58 |  #8

Exactly. I was referring tot he camera area. Well that's out.

Last Shot Photography

Geejay
783 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Mar 2007

Mar 15, 2009 09:24 |  #9

Thanks for the review. I'm looking at getting one of these and your comnments and photos have been very useful.

Cheers!

You can't erase a dream, you can only wake me up.

sponsored links

1,795 views & 0 likes for this thread
Bag Help! Yes, I need bag help...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.