Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 23 Mar 2009 (Monday) 19:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pulling my freaking hair out PLEASE HELP!!

Vacation
89 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 23, 2009 19:20 |  #1

Working on my photos in Lightroom getting them looking great, then going to email them, share them, whatever my clients want and they look like they are colored wrong (too much saturation, yet haven't touched saturation) yet in Lightroom they looked great.

Bought a spyder 3 elite recommended by many in this forum, callibrated my monitor and still having this problem!

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Canon 5D Mark ii :mrgreen:, Canon 30D Canon 20D 50mm 1.4, 16-35 Canon L, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 100-400L 24-105 IS L Pocket Wizards 580EX2, 580EX

sponsored links
tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 23, 2009 19:25 |  #2

Post a photo.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

Tdragone
Goldmember
2,188 posts
Joined Sep 2004

Mar 23, 2009 19:52 |  #3

How are you providing the images to your clients? If you are posting on the web:
1. what settings do you use when saving the picture in Photoshop.
2. What browser are THEY using to view the images?

If you are providing then with digital media:
1. What is the embedded color profile
2. What application are they viewing the picture in?

-Tom Dragonetti
Spyder Holster + 1Dmk IV, 50D, G11
10-22, 16-35 2.8Lii, , 24-70 2.8Lii, 50mm 1.4,
70-200 2.8Lii IS, 100-400L IS
1.4x TC, 580EX ii, ST-E2

Vacation
THREAD ­ STARTER
89 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 23, 2009 20:14 |  #4

Tdragone wrote in post #7584171 (external link)
How are you providing the images to your clients? If you are posting on the web:
1. what settings do you use when saving the picture in Photoshop.
2. What browser are THEY using to view the images?

If you are providing then with digital media:
1. What is the embedded color profile
2. What application are they viewing the picture in?

Just getting my web site going, I have found that different computer monitors show my website in many different color profiles-some dark & some light my is just right for my eyes.
Importing my photos as DNG's into Lightroom, editing, then Using Lightroom saving as high quality JPEG

As far as the clients Browser for viewing, I am not sure, how would I know this?

My most fustrating situation (at the very moment) of the client viewing the pics is through email and on disk.

Not sure where i would find out what embedded color profile the images are, can you help with this? Thinking i am using srgb. gave prophoto management a try and liked it better for color management, also tryed adobe srgb color was worse.

My guess is that the clients are viewing the images through their email provider when it is email. And when on disk, they take them home to their computer and whatever program they have to open the files with.

Please let me know if i answered you correctly any other information you need just ask.

Thanks

Canon 5D Mark ii :mrgreen:, Canon 30D Canon 20D 50mm 1.4, 16-35 Canon L, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L, 100-400L 24-105 IS L Pocket Wizards 580EX2, 580EX

Vacation
THREAD ­ STARTER
89 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 23, 2009 20:20 |  #5

tim wrote in post #7584018 (external link)
Post a photo.

Darker image looked normal in Lightroom, I emailed it to client and was told it was neon looking no good.

Lighter image is refixed in Lightroom (looked too light to me), emailed again, waiting for response.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Karl ­ Johnston
Cream of the Crop
9,334 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 23, 2009 22:39 |  #6
bannedPermanent ban

That's not a photo...

Adventurous Photographer, Writer (external link) & Wedding Photographer (external link)

tim
Light Bringer
51,010 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Mar 23, 2009 23:13 |  #7

My thoughts exactly. It's hard to say exactly what you're doing wrong given the lack of exif. I can't tell on the PC i'm on if there's color space information embedded or not.

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

Vacation
THREAD ­ STARTER
89 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 23, 2009 23:38 |  #8

Ok sorry, I gave a poor example. I will post another picture. How do i provide a picture with exif. data.

New to posting images so any help is appreciated.
Thanks for your responses.

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Mar 24, 2009 03:24 |  #9

Very probably this is a color management issue.

sRGB will look oversaturated in a non color managed application on a wide gamut screen.

Use sRGB for web / mail. Embed the icc profile (neither of these images has one). Use color managed applications to view the image. (Most browsers are not, no email programs on windows are color managed that I'm aware of)

Have a read in the link from my sig.

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Vacation
THREAD ­ STARTER
89 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 25, 2009 00:57 |  #10

René Damkot wrote in post #7586235 (external link)
Very probably this is a color management issue.

sRGB will look oversaturated in a non color managed application on a wide gamut screen.

Use sRGB for web / mail. Embed the icc profile (neither of these images has one). Use color managed applications to view the image. (Most browsers are not, no email programs on windows are color managed that I'm aware of)

Have a read in the link from my sig.

I have been reading the color management info you put together RENE it's GREAT!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

sponsored links

1,335 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pulling my freaking hair out PLEASE HELP!!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.