Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 30 Mar 2009 (Monday) 00:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New 5D MkII, $1400, Pro Photo Nation, Sponsored Link

jkokbaker
554 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 30, 2009 00:27 |  #1

There was a sponsored link on this forum to a place call Pro Photo Nation, should you trust sponsored links from this forum, here is the link, http://www.prophotonat​ion.com …I-PRO-PHOTO-PACKAGES-c43/ (external link)

Seems to good to be true but why would there be a sponsored link from this forum if there are not trustworthy. I may be just too trusting.

5D IV, Rokinon 14mm, Zeiss 21mm, Rokinon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24-105L, Speedlight 430EX II

sponsored links
paddycook
107 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Mar 30, 2009 00:30 |  #2

jkokbaker wrote in post #7627065 (external link)
There was a sponsored link on this forum to a place call Pro Photo Nation, should you trust sponsored links from this forum, here is the link, http://www.prophotonat​ion.com …I-PRO-PHOTO-PACKAGES-c43/ (external link)

Seems to good to be true but why would there be a sponsored link from this forum if there are not trustworthy. I may be just too trusting.

You are too trusting. I think the 16GB memory card for $539 gives you some idea what type of place this is.

5D Mk III, 17-40L, 24-105L, 50 1.8 Mk I, 70-200 2.8L IS II

JAcosta
Goldmember
1,522 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 30, 2009 00:35 |  #3

Go for it.

Like any of the photos Ive posted?flickr flickr flickr (external link)
^^^Click Here^^^
Chances are you'll see something else you like!

t0n3dawgg
20 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 30, 2009 00:39 |  #4

http://www.complaintsb​oard.com …a-photo-nation-c2024.html (external link)

Canon XSI, 28-135mm, 50mm 1.4, 580 II

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,470 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 30, 2009 00:46 |  #5

http://www.resellerrat​ings.com/store/Pro_Pho​to_Nation (external link)

Almost as bad as it gets ...

Bob
SmugMug (external link) | My Gear Ratings | My POTN Gallery

jkokbaker
THREAD ­ STARTER
554 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2008

Mar 30, 2009 00:46 |  #6

I figured it was a ripoff of some kind, but then why does this forum sponsor rip-off websites like that or any other? What are the sponsored links and how do they end up here if they are not legit?

5D IV, Rokinon 14mm, Zeiss 21mm, Rokinon 24mm 1.4, Canon 24-105L, Speedlight 430EX II

Bob_A
Cream of the Crop
8,470 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Mar 30, 2009 00:51 |  #7

jkokbaker wrote in post #7627159 (external link)
I figured it was a ripoff of some kind, but then why does this forum sponsor rip-off websites like that or any other? What are the sponsored links and how do they end up here if they are not legit?

Look at the small print under the advert. It's a Google advertisement, which rotates through many vendors, some which are not reputable. POTN has no say in what vendors are allowed to suscribe to Google.

Buy something to support POTN or donate and the advertisements don't appear :)

Bob
SmugMug (external link) | My Gear Ratings | My POTN Gallery

sponsored links

2,061 views & 0 likes for this thread
New 5D MkII, $1400, Pro Photo Nation, Sponsored Link
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.