Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
Thread started 11 Apr 2009 (Saturday) 23:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Historic old city Knoxville, Tennessee (HDR)

shutterbugcrazy
458 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 11, 2009 23:50 |  #1

Jackson Ave built around 1855
(Downtown Knoxville founded 1786)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png'

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Patrick Sulivans Steakhouse and Saloon (history below)

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Patrick Sullivan, a young Irishman, set out to make his fortune in America by opening a saloon near the busy Southern Railway depot in Knoxville. His first saloon was a wooden shack located in the heart of the present day “Old City.” The business flourished, and in 1888 Sullivan began construction on a new three-story Victorian red brick saloon (the current structure) at the corner of Central and Jackson Avenue.

One of Patrick Sullivan’s patrons was “Kid Curry”- famous gunman of Butch Cassidy’s gang. Following a game of pool in Patrick Sullivan’s Saloon, a fight broke out between Curry and a local patron. Two deputies were shot by Kid Curry while trying to break up the brawl. Curry escaped on foot, but was captured in Jefferson County and returned to the Knoxville Jail. While in jail, over 5,000 Knoxvillians (mostly women) visited Kid Curry. He entertained his guests with colorful stories and signed autographs. The “Wild West Villain” became a local celebrity, despite his wicked deeds. The night before his trial, he mysteriously broke out of jail and escaped across the Gay Street Bridge to freedom, riding the sheriff’s horse. The method of escape could not be explained, but rumor has it that $1,000 mysteriously made its way into the sheriff’s bank account.

https://www.facebook.c​om …otography/36095​6144097830 (external link)

sponsored links
shutterbugcrazy
THREAD ­ STARTER
458 posts
Joined Jul 2006

Apr 14, 2009 10:34 |  #2

all these views and no comments.. hell I thought I'd get at least one post bashing them..

https://www.facebook.c​om …otography/36095​6144097830 (external link)

megadima
Goldmember
1,026 posts
Joined May 2008

Apr 14, 2009 11:39 |  #3

Ok , here comes first post -)) #1 & #2 dont wok for me at all , the building in #3 would look more interesting / detailed if you would have come closer to the building and shoot it with wide angle lens. P.S watch the halo around the roof of that building.

My gear: Canon 5D Mark II , Canon 70-200 /2.8L IS, Canon 16-35 /2.8L II , Canon 100 /2.8 , Lee NDG filters, Manfrotto 055XPROB , Canon Speedlite 580 EX II

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,388 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Apr 14, 2009 11:49 |  #4

HMmm unfortunately they do not work for me either. The processing is ok. The halo is distracting on the third one There are too many distracting elements. The second photo has a puddle. Might be interesting to see the reflections brought into the photo.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

hawkeye60
Goldmember
2,079 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Apr 14, 2009 11:57 |  #5

I would back off a little on the processing, but that's just me.
#1-I think could have been better with a differnt angle, I don't see that the right side contributes anything.
#2-Kind of like it but I agree that puddle has real potential.
#3-I would have chosen a tighter crop on the building.

It's a lens not a lense!
The truest test of character is what you do when you think no one is looking.

grimm5577
104 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Apr 14, 2009 14:56 |  #6

i can't determine what the subject is in #1 & #2

5DMKII | 40D Gripped EF-D | 10-22 mm F3.5-4.5 | 70-200mm F2.8L | 50mm F1.8 II | 24-85mm F3.5-4.5 | 2x Speedlite 430EX II | Lens Baby 2.0 | Kenko Extension Tubes

Photography.cdlstudios.com (external link)

sponsored links

2,245 views & 0 likes for this thread
Historic old city Knoxville, Tennessee (HDR)
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos HDR Creation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.